[emulator] [NDS]+[tweaks] DraStic for android

Search This thread

SkyandDirt

Jul 20, 2011
Im using a JSS rom with only small tweaks, and I have not experienced a single crash. Im also using franco kernel with my per-app power mode for DraStic set at:
max702MHz
min384MHz
ONDEMAND
90%hotplug
128MHz max GPU
It saves a lot of battery at those settings and still plays perfectly for me.

Reactions: darkrai

Pao

Dec 3, 2012
Im using a JSS rom with only small tweaks, and I have not experienced a single crash. Im also using franco kernel with my per-app power mode for DraStic set at:
max702MHz
min384MHz
ONDEMAND
90%hotplug
128MHz max GPU

Mine are Max 1118 and min 128... Umh, I'll try that! :D

shr33kant

Nov 3, 2010
Just make sure that your Game Roms are extracted and not in ZIP files and everything should work nicely :) I'm using SlimRom Beta 5 with Semaphore 1.6 JWR version and it's smoooooooooooooooth :D. I've tried New Super Mario Bros., Zelda - Phantom Hourglass & N Plus (best platformer EVER) and getting really nice 100% fps.

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Someone care to try cm or cm based rom because thats where I had the random crashes.

darkrai

Jan 6, 2013
Pune
max702MHz
min384MHz
ONDEMAND
90%hotplug
128MHz max GPU

Will surely try it
This app kills my battery within 2 -3 hours which is pretty bad
If it's it's useful, can I add it in the main post?

Bonvaz

Jul 30, 2011
guys I need to do a factory reset,and I'm playing phoenix wright..how can I backup up my saves?

churchey420

Apr 13, 2013
I cant wait to play pokemon x and y. To bad it doesn't come out until October tho, October should be a good month alot of new stuff coming out and Android updates

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

And drastic emulator is amazingly fast and i downloaded it for free lol didn't even have to pay

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I used the blackmart app

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

It would be cool if the wifi on the drastic would work

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Anyone else try to download the pokemon x and y rom but it needed a password to play it lol jw?

Pao

Dec 3, 2012
I cant wait to play pokemon x and y. To bad it doesn't come out until October tho, October should be a good month alot of new stuff coming out and Android updates

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

And drastic emulator is amazingly fast and i downloaded it for free lol didn't even have to pay

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I used the blackmart app

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Anyone else try to download the pokemon x and y rom but it needed a password to play it lol jw?

Can I laugh?

Anyway, Pokémon X and Y is for 3DS, not DS.
Second, seriously? "Blackmarket"? And you downloaded a game that it isn't come out (And even screaming it in a public forum, gj)

churchey420

Apr 13, 2013
I didnt know it was for the 3ds when i downloaded it and yeah why not download for free i play pokemon white and black all the time i beat the game in like 3 days lol

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

And blackmart is like the play store but all the apps are free..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app lika a bo$$

Last edited:

TheNerd:]

Feb 23, 2013
Dallas
I didnt know it was for the 3ds when i downloaded it and yeah why not download for free i play pokemon white and black all the time i beat the game in like 3 days lol

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

And blackmart is like the play store but all the apps are free..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app lika a bo$$

If the app was not free that means quality and effort was put into it. It deserves the price. If you had a job and I was your boss but didn't pay you anything how would you feel?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

OneChaos

Dec 30, 2010

I used the blackmart app

Reported for condoning warez. You should be ashamed. :p

storm91

Sep 26, 2010
This emulator is great, Tested with my N4, and run DraStic with the default settings, both portrait and landscape mode. It was the best emulator compared to others. Running with 100% speed with no lag or stuttering screen at all.:victory:

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
Why would you even bother becoming a member on a DEVELOPER site if you're going to brag about how to get paid apps for free and therefore rip off DEVELOPERS?
While most of XDA's development work is making ROMs, kernels, mods etc. there are a hell of a lot of them who are app developers. In a lot of cases, those developers will need/want to make a bit of money and therefore will put a price on their app. If everyone was to do the same as you, there would be no app developers around because they'd all be fed up of spending their own free time just to get ripped off.

Finally, do you really think that none of us know how to get apps unlawfully? That's truly not the case. The difference is that there's a lot of people who will get apps the legit way so that it supports the developer and therefore may produce more great work from said developer.
This emulator is a great example of that. Over the couple of years it took to create this app, all the people who helped contribute or test were given the app for free (as a way to say thanks for their help). A lot of those people still went ahead and donated to the developer even though they didn't need to. It's called respect.

I suggest you take a look at the forum rules and realize what website you're on before posting such things again.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

darkrai

Jan 6, 2013
Pune
I cant wait to play pokemon x and y. To bad it doesn't come out until October thor should be a good month alot of new stuff coming out and Android updates

I used the blackmart app

Please buy the application and support the developer to make this emulator better
Every donation a developer recieves goes back into the same application you paid for
And I dint expect such a reply from a senior member

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would you even bother becoming a member on a DEVELOPER site if you're going to brag about how to get paid apps for free and therefore rip off DEVELOPERS?
    While most of XDA's development work is making ROMs, kernels, mods etc. there are a hell of a lot of them who are app developers. In a lot of cases, those developers will need/want to make a bit of money and therefore will put a price on their app. If everyone was to do the same as you, there would be no app developers around because they'd all be fed up of spending their own free time just to get ripped off.

Finally, do you really think that none of us know how to get apps unlawfully? That's truly not the case. The difference is that there's a lot of people who will get apps the legit way so that it supports the developer and therefore may produce more great work from said developer.
    This emulator is a great example of that. Over the couple of years it took to create this app, all the people who helped contribute or test were given the app for free (as a way to say thanks for their help). A lot of those people still went ahead and donated to the developer even though they didn't need to. It's called respect.

I suggest you take a look at the forum rules and realize what website you're on before posting such things again.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drasticdemo
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drastic

heard a lot about this emulator
    many consider it a lot better than nds4droid
    Much better than most emulators
    the first link is of the demo version and the second is of the paid one
    try buying the paid version if you like the demo version

First, to get nice performance
    Enable multi threaded 3d rendering option in the options menu (change options) and restart the emulator (may give graphical glitches)
    If your emulator is still slow, set filter to none (makes the screen look pretty bad, however liked by some people)
    Disable sound for even more speed
    And don't mess with the amount of frameskips

Here are SkyandDirt's tweaking (battery) which really was helpful
    With this I could run the emulator for 3.5+ hours without heating up my device

max702MHz (mines at 590)
    min384MHz
    ONDEMAND
    90%hotplug
    128MHz max GPU
    It saves a lot of battery at those settings and runs the emulator without slowing it (at least for me)
    Have you tried diamond or pearl on the emulator?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Works fine, but there are some texture glitches (you can see black lines/dots separating objects, especially in the open world).

anyone knows where the savefiles go???

/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/savestates
    Updated emu and lost all roms and save files

The old save files are probably still in /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/savestates (as long as you didn't delete the app/its data before updating). The new app directory is /storage/sdcard0/drastic.
    Anyone tried running pokemon x or y?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

X and Y aren't ds games.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app