How to get your Nexus 4 sync working with Fitbit

Search This thread

jookalook

Feb 18, 2011
So it was working with my Nexus 4 until I plugged my fitbit into the charger. After that, the fitbit app can no longer sync with it. Any thoughts?

Edit: It is probably due to the 4.3 48 hour sync bug they mention on their website.

Last edited:

xdaschnapps

Mar 27, 2012
Reset & turn off background syncing

So it was working with my Nexus 4 until I plugged my fitbit into the charger. After that, the fitbit app can no longer sync with it. Any thoughts?

Edit: It is probably due to the 4.3 48 hour sync bug they mention on their website.

Reset your Flex:
1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable.
2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
3. Press the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.

Turn off Background syncing (in the App -> Menu -> Devices -> Tap on your Flex -> remove the tick from Background Syncing)

m.is.for.michael

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Awesome!
Working on my galaxy nexus running Paranoid Android 3.99 r2.
It still gives the message "there are known issues with bluetooth on your device" but syncs perfectly (and in fact just updated the firmware on my One) regardless.
Much more convenient than having to spoof the config files each time I want to connect!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Damn - they completely changed Bluetooth support checking....
    However I spoofed it again :cool:
    PS It should be working on all other Bluetooth 4.0 with LE devices (not only Nexus 4)
    for everyone that wants to sync their nexus 4 just edit the build.prop so the app sees the phone as the s4 google edition..

change the
    ro.product.model=GT-I9505G
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    I've successfully patched application to masquerade Nexus 4 as GT-I9505G!! So now you can revert your original build.prop :cowboy:
    PS Tested on CM10.2 nightly
    Could you please patch the latest version, or else share the patch method?

Thanks a lot!
    I've all developer tools installed at work - so please wait till Monday...
    for everyone that wants to sync their nexus 4 just edit the build.prop so the app sees the phone as the s4 google edition..

change the
    ro.product.model=GT-I9505G
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Wow, works great, thanks!

Are there any negative consequences that arise from editing the build prop to show up as a different device?