FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OG Youtube Downloader apk

1,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 626

By Jsparta26, Senior Member on 14th April 2013, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys I did some digging around and found this nice little app. Og YouTube downloader.For those people out there who want to be able to download videos straight on your android device. Works on all devices that I know of.

Here's the link to where I found it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2213945

Obviously i didnt make this app. Credit goes to Osama Ghareeb for hacking up the app and making this possible.
I tested this app on my n4 and it does indeed work.
I do not provide support for any issues you may or may not have. Please direct your questions by following the link I provided.

Credit goes out to CraftyCreature for finding another YouTube downloader which works perfectly. You can find the app here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ytdownloader/

I also uploaded the app here too if you get too lazy to go to the actual site. Lol

As always I, OsamaGhareeb, nor anyone is responsible if this app blows up your phone, kills your family or burns down your house.

Without further or do..here's the app guys. Enjoy

Note*
Any version after v1 og youtube will be in fact called just youtube.apk for now one. That means you guys will have to install this app as a system/app. You will need to delete the original youtube apk and paste the new one in its place. Set permissions to rwx r r, save and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OGYouTube.apk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.49 MB, 81735 views)
File Type: zip YouTube.apk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.55 MB, 22892 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Jsparta26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jsparta26 Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 08:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Works great many thanks! Wish it had a download as mp3 only option then it would be perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to junglebungle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junglebungle Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 08:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Why does it ask me to sign in through ogyoutube downloader is it trying to steal my information...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
14th April 2013, 08:48 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit, MI

More
The same could be said when you log in to use Google play, Google music, maps, YouTube etc.. Why are you surprised when you have known they ask you to login into their apps.

Edit: I will update the app from time to time or whenever the dev updates it himself. I will provide an updated link as well.
15th April 2013, 05:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Thanks for the awesome app
The Following User Says Thank You to j3ssejamez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j3ssejamez Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 09:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsparta26

The same could be said when you log in to use Google play, Google music, maps, YouTube etc.. Why are you surprised when you have known they ask you to login into their apps.

Edit: I will update the app from time to time or whenever the dev updates it himself. I will provide an updated link as well.

Not surprised at all just saying I'd like the official YouTube app to ask for my login.. I just don't get why a simple app to download YouTube videos would require me to log in after I'm already logged into YouTube. Don't take this offensively. I just take my Google account serious. I purchase many apps and don't want my account hacked. Thanks for sharing the developers app though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to coldcrush390 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldcrush390 Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 02:35 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit, MI

More
Its the same YouTube app from Google. Its just been hacked to allow you to download videos onto your android device. No worries. You could always use lucky patcher to modify permissions if you feel the need to be totally safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jsparta26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jsparta26 Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 02:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,096

More
Way better than tubeMate. Simple and easy to use. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badboy47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift badboy47 Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 03:24 PM |#9  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy47

Way better than tubeMate. Simple and easy to use. Thanks.

Hmm.. been using tubemate for a while, I guess I'll give this a try soon. Thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to apatal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apatal Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 06:18 PM |#10  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,079

More
Cool app! Glad you posted it!
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxys Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 07:00 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 260

More
No one tried YouTube Downloader?Great app and works besides the original youtube
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)