Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

983 posts
Thanks Meter: 966

By janis605, Senior Member on 3rd April 2013, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is my new app called "SoftKeyZ" what it does is simple: Change and combine different Navigation Buttons on your rooted device.

Please make sure you have the BusyBox installed.

If you like my work, please rate it 5 stars in the PlayStore and consider to support me by buying SoftKeyZ from the PlayStore.

Free apk is available for XDA below

Video Review by oode (yt) and pocketnow.com :

Download Here (PlayStore) | Free apk & Changelog
The Following 231 Users Say Thank You to janis605 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janis605 Ad-Free

4th April 2013, 12:40 AM |#2  
Flag Woodstock, CT
Thanks Meter: 2,833

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons
Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshtonTS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AshtonTS Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 12:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
AW: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS

Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, it doesn't. But it needs Root and BusyBox.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to janis605 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janis605 Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 01:15 PM |#4  
Re: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons
After apply I've entered into a boot loop ...
Reflashed the ROM after system format , all good now ...shall I try again ?
sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365073995984.jpg
Views:	16111
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1857592   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365074022220.jpg
Views:	15176
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1857593   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365074058904.jpg
Views:	14911
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1857594  
The Following User Says Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanthrax Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 04:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthrax

After apply I've entered into a boot loop ...
Reflashed the ROM after system format , all good now ...shall I try again ?

A boot loop? I can't explain that. The worst thing to happen is that the NavBar dissappears. But a bootloop? Hmm. You can try again, this time just try to apply the "backup" if you run into a bootloop again, I think I know what the problem is...
The Following User Says Thank You to janis605 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janis605 Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 06:43 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis605

A boot loop? I can't explain that. The worst thing to happen is that the NavBar dissappears. But a bootloop? Hmm. You can try again, this time just try to apply the "backup" if you run into a bootloop again, I think I know what the problem is...

OK , have changed the ROM and reinstalled busybox , no boot loop but no soft keys and notification bar ... Can't go back or home or ... Slim here

4th April 2013, 06:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Did the preview in the top section change to the ones you selected after the half reboot?

Edit: I can now look at the screens and since the top section does not show the softkeys currently used, the ROM you are using is not using the normally used png files and/or you got a theme applied, that changes the Softbuttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to janis605 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift janis605 Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 07:11 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis605

Did the preview in the top section change to the ones you selected after the half reboot?

Edit: I can now look at the screens and since the top section does not show the softkeys currently used, the ROM you are using is not using the normally used png files and/or you got a theme applied, that changes the Softbuttons.

Oh yeah , I'm using a theme , I've performed a full reboot to get back on my home screen but the app forced close when trying to access it to apply backup. BTW , save and backup are on the same button
Gonna try it 30 min later when I get home without a theme ...

4th April 2013, 07:19 PM |#9  
ATLANTA
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Reboots when ever I am in the app. Cannot ever save changes. Running CM10.1 nightly for today 4/4/13
4th April 2013, 07:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboboxer

Reboots when ever I am in the app. Cannot ever save changes. Running CM10.1 nightly for today 4/4/13

O.o How good I decided to do a beta test...

Can you get a logcat? There are apps in the PlayStore for that.

4th April 2013, 07:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Anyone who succeess? I wana Try but ─▒ scared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)