[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

983 posts
Thanks Meter: 966

By janis605, Senior Member on 3rd April 2013, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2015, 03:49 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread, but if I missed it, apologies.

I keep getting the "system not ready to be modified" error. I checked, and system/bin/cp is missing. I'm new to root mechanics, what now?

Running Android 4.1.1 stock ROM on a Kobo Arc. I use SuperSU and Busybox is installed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-10-33-06.png
Views:	380
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	3146491  

2nd February 2015, 04:33 PM |#1002  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanythedream

I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread, but if I missed it, apologies.

I keep getting the "system not ready to be modified" error. I checked, and system/bin/cp is missing. I'm new to root mechanics, what now?

Running Android 4.1.1 stock ROM on a Kobo Arc. I use SuperSU and Busybox is installed

cp is part of the busybox binary. If you type cp in a terminal emulator, what does it return?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd February 2015, 04:38 PM |#1003  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis605

cp is part of the busybox binary. If you type cp in a terminal emulator, what does it return?

This
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-02-11-36-10.png
Views:	382
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	3146586  
6th February 2015, 10:32 AM |#1004  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

This

... Busybox isn't installed correctly then

6th February 2015, 08:50 PM |#1005  
London
Thanks Meter: 105

More
My softkeyz won't change anymore and I don't have a clue what has happened any ideas? The softkey highlighter changes but not the softkeyz
6th February 2015, 09:03 PM |#1006  

More
Ok. I used a different busybox installer and it worked. I set a soft key and it tried to restart my device. Now, it won't boot. At all. Not even into recovery. Did it brick my device?! Please help, it's quite urgent.
6th February 2015, 09:34 PM |#1007  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Ok. I used a different busybox installer and it worked. I set a soft key and it tried to restart my device. Now, it won't boot. At all. Not even into recovery. Did it brick my device?! Please help, it's quite urgent.

Reflash your ROM using a method of your choice. update.zip or fastboot, doesn't matter.

Factory reset isn't needed.

6th February 2015, 09:52 PM |#1008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis605

Reflash your ROM using a method of your choice. update.zip or fastboot, doesn't matter.

Factory reset isn't needed.

Again, I'm new to root mechanics, and have no idea how to do this. I looked up tutorials but didn't understand any. I'm sorry D: I didn't have any backups installed at the time.
7th February 2015, 03:34 AM |#1009  
London
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyafc

My softkeyz won't change anymore and I don't have a clue what has happened any ideas? The softkey highlighter changes but not the softkeyz

Anyone?
7th February 2015, 05:16 AM |#1010  
Flag Verizon Blows, USA
Thanks Meter: 343

More
So, I've tried this app, and it successfully changes the softkey buttons. However, my problem is that I've made several custom buttons that have transparent backgrounds, and them imported them into the app. However, once I do, all of the icons suddenly have black backgrounds, instead of transparent. Any idea what might be causing this?
7th February 2015, 07:10 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlin5

So, I've tried this app, and it successfully changes the softkey buttons. However, my problem is that I've made several custom buttons that have transparent backgrounds, and them imported them into the app. However, once I do, all of the icons suddenly have black backgrounds, instead of transparent. Any idea what might be causing this?

Yeah, I had the same problem. I unchecked "Crop the imported image" when importing the buttons, that should make it work.
My guess is, it crops it into a format that no longer retains transparency.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmedkk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmedkk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)