FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[MM 6.0] [Nougat 7.0] Kali Nethunter for Nexus 5x/bullhead [INSTALL] [UPDATE 09/28]

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

Post Reply Email Thread
Updated as of 09/28/2016
Rebuilt Kali Nethunter Installers from Sept. 28th source code pull.

Update - 10/03
Reuploaded ALL zips and Relinked in Post, So all links should now be working.

Since the current version of Kali Nethunter (3.0) doesn't currently have an official build for the Nexus 5x (bullhead), I decided to do a build for it.
I created packages for Android 6.x (Marshmallow) and for Android 7 (Nougat). One has the full-chroot and one has the minimal-chroot.
I'll be creating updated builds once a week, both complete install zips and update zips.

I have installed and tested the marshmallow-kalifs-full version running Blissrom and CM13, but I have not had a chance to test the nougat versions yet.
If you have any issues, or questions post it and I'll try and get back to you asap.

The offical Kali Nethunter webpage is located here: https://www.kali.org/kali-linux-nethunter/
Kali Nethunter Source: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter

Marshmallow builds
-- Full --
nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-full-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (771.7mb)
Code:
md5: a7334c498a098e808ddce428d22f62d1
-- Minimal --
nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-minimal-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (195.2mb)
Code:
md5: 49e82dfdd937c0623d5554d51cef076b

Nougat builds
-- Full --
nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-full-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (771.7mb)
Code:
md5: a7334c498a098e808ddce428d22f62d1
-- Minimal --
nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-minimal-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (195.3mb)
Code:
md5: e45062dad1da603fa546aa09b101dc7f

Uninstaller

nethunter-uninstaller-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) (1kb)
(mirror)
Code:
md5: 8df3e20510084db7cab0e8ee670c7331
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Shiestie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shiestie Ad-Free

2nd September 2016, 02:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Delete
Truestark
2nd September 2016, 07:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What is the difference between a full and a minimal package? Will the minimal package install over my existing ROM ? I'm using official Nougat, systemless root.
2nd September 2016, 02:59 PM |#4  
Flag Greater Noida
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I am also little bit confused between the minimal and full packages. Can anyone explain what's the basic difference in both of them?
The Following User Says Thank You to Joyarup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joyarup Ad-Free
Truestark
2nd September 2016, 03:40 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installed the full package on stock nougat. Works fine, had to install the app separately and the nh-terminal too.
2nd September 2016, 03:56 PM |#6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
What exactly is functionality of this on 5X? Do I need seperate dongle to do penetration, etc. ?
2nd September 2016, 05:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I think you will always need a separate dongle for penetration 😂

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blaze9090 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blaze9090 Ad-Free
3rd September 2016, 03:02 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Harrisburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What is the difference between a full and a minimal package?

The Minimal kalifs/chroot is basically the barebones Kali OS without any of the extra software pre-installed, which is better if you want to pick and choose which meta-packages to install.
And of course the Full kalifs/chroot is the normal Kali OS with all the default software/tools installed.

Quote:

Will the minimal package install over my existing ROM ? I'm using official Nougat, systemless root.

None of the Kali Installs overwrites any rom. It is install alongside whatever ROM you are running.
I have tested the Full Nougat Nethunter and it worked just as well as the Marshmallow build, so I don't foresee you having any problems..

Quote:

What exactly is functionality of this on 5X? Do I need seperate dongle to do penetration, etc. ?

It all depends on what you are trying to pen test... It would be better to have a dongle but it isn't an absolute must. Before I had a dongle, When I had my Nexus 5 I used to tether it to my laptop or tablet and use the wifi adaptor on that device as my second Network Interface.. I'm not sure if that will work on the 5x but it's an option.
You can still do a decent amount of Wireless Pen Tests/Exploits with the onboard network adapter but you may end up using Cellular Data if you are attempting certain MiTM attacks or HostAPd ... I know for sure if you want to use the Kali-Linux Evil Wireless Access Point you will need a dongle, but I have heard that you can use Cellular Data with it by tweaking the config file.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiestie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shiestie Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 01:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can you please build nougat version with full Chroot for hammerhead? (there are already 3 nougat Roms and a couple of nougat kernels for hammerhead)
4th September 2016, 02:26 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Harrisburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad15

Can you please build nougat version with full Chroot for hammerhead? (there are already 3 nougat Roms and a couple of nougat kernels for hammerhead)

Yeah, I'll compile it now.. I'll post a link to the zip soon as its done
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiestie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shiestie Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 04:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiestie

Yeah, I'll compile it now.. I'll post a link to the zip soon as its done

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bullhead, kali, linux, nethunter, nexus 5x

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)