[ROM][7.1.2_29][N5X][OMS][VCE]ViperOS v3.0 Coral [OFFICIAL][12/08/17]

Search This thread

memphismage

Mar 5, 2017
I absolutely love this rom by far my fav since resurrection remix stopped updating theirs!! The only complaint I have is that you can't switch the SElinux to permissive fully, it will auto switch to enforcing upon reboot, and viper4android does not work on this rom, i give 4.5 out of 5 stars, if these 2 issues were fixed I'd give it 5 out of 5

edoardotavecchio

Mar 22, 2015
Como
I absolutely love this rom by far my fav since resurrection remix stopped updating theirs!! The only complaint I have is that you can't switch the SElinux to permissive fully, it will auto switch to enforcing upon reboot, and viper4android does not work on this rom, i give 4.5 out of 5 stars, if these 2 issues were fixed I'd give it 5 out of 5
I think that the second issue is strictly related to the first one, because of V4A necessity of having a permissive selinux system.

Reactions: memphismage

memphismage

Mar 5, 2017
Yes i agree, which you can temp set it to permissive that allows the driver to install but will not actually process the music without it fully being set to permissive, i found a work around creating a file to set permissive but haven't got it to work with viper4android yet, i have a few things to try to get it to work yet

memphismage

Mar 5, 2017
I did get viper4android working, seems like you need a music player installed like apollo, that wasn't installed by default, no music player app is but an eq is...., either way yes you do need permissive settings, but the main problem seemed to be using the right music player app

motionat

Nov 5, 2013
I really like this rom. But i am unable to disable nfc for some reason. This is causing my device to stay awake and causes very high battery drain.

Reactions: Jatin Bhansali

memphismage

Mar 5, 2017
I have not had this problem with battery drain, my device goes for 9+ hours barely being used (while I'm at work, I use it on breaks prob for about 45mins to 1.5 hrs total) and still has 35-50% when I leave work. When I use it constantly I get 3-5 hours of use depending on what I'm doing i.e. listening to music, coding, downloading, vnc with Linux deploy....etc.

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
I have not had this problem with battery drain, my device goes for 9+ hours barely being used (while I'm at work, I use it on breaks prob for about 45mins to 1.5 hrs total) and still has 35-50% when I leave work. When I use it constantly I get 3-5 hours of use depending on what I'm doing i.e. listening to music, coding, downloading, vnc with Linux deploy....etc.

I know we are going off topic to this thread, but I just want to thank the Dev for this amazing rom. I know that Oreo is now out, but will not switch till Viper upgrades to 8.0. I cannot express how good this rom is. I have been using it as my daily driver for a month now and the recent new upgrade has made it even more faster.

So thank you for this rom and I will donate to you soon as a thank you..

Reactions: tuhinxp04

jc-col

Nov 10, 2016
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Finger reader and wrong build message

Hi there,

I flashed the most recent build Viper-bullhead-7.1.2-Coral-v3.0-20170812-OFFICIAL.zip on my nexus 5x. Everything works except for a couple of things.
1) My fingerprint sensor stopped working after the flash
2) On boot I get a message saying the my build is out of date and that I should upgrade to the latest vendor build. Is anyone getting this message?

Obrigado

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
Hi there,

I flashed the most recent build Viper-bullhead-7.1.2-Coral-v3.0-20170812-OFFICIAL.zip on my nexus 5x. Everything works except for a couple of things.
1) My fingerprint sensor stopped working after the flash
2) On boot I get a message saying the my build is out of date and that I should upgrade to the latest vendor build. Is anyone getting this message?

Obrigado

Fresh install for fingerprint. I don't have finger print problem. As for vendor image. You need to flash the right one with twrp. You can find vendor image for Nexus 5x if you search the development area.

jc-col

Nov 10, 2016
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
[Solved] - Fingerprint sensor and invalid build

Fresh install for fingerprint. I don't have finger print problem. As for vendor image. You need to flash the right one with twrp. You can find vendor image for Nexus 5x if you search the development area.

The issues were associated to not having the right vendor.img installed. After flashing it, fingerprint sensor and the camera started working and the boot message went away.

So far loving ViperOS, really fast ROM!

Thanks,

alinadem

Oct 6, 2017
Just downloaded the latest rom, i updated my TWRP to 3.1.1.0 - wiped everything, then installed:

"Viper-bullhead-7.1.2-Coral-v3.0-20170812-OFFICIAL"
"open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20171006"
vendor.img from "bullhead-n2g48c"

booted up great, came up with the encryption message, with another reboot.

I didn't flash the Google images for (radio, boot, system, recovery) - are there any other steps I need to know of? I'm quite a novice with the forums

alinadem

Oct 6, 2017
just wanted to say this rom is amazing, the best i've used yet for nexus 5x, bravo!

The rom is very snappy, very fast, boots up quickly, camera responsiveness is the best i've used yet, everything is working great

BearOfXDA

Apr 14, 2017
Muscatine
Any word as to what will happen with this ROM? I know there are personal issues happening with the developer(s), but I also noticed the download server is down too

Aug 11, 2014
I did a clean installation but NFC alone is not working. Any solution?
Thank you for this amazing ROM!

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I really like this rom. But i am unable to disable nfc for some reason. This is causing my device to stay awake and causes very high battery drain.
Same problem. How to solve?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wSbwCpZ.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
    * Statusbar items
    * Clock & date
    * Battery icon settings
    * Carrier label
    * Quick settings personalization
    * Other statusbar settings
    * VPN icon toggle
    * Data saver icon toggle
    * VoLTE icon
    * Viper statusbar logo
    * Option to Display Data Disabled indicator Icons
    * Ticker
    * Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
    * Add/Remove QS shortcuts with one click

Lockscreen
    * Custom lockscreen settings
    * Lockscreen weather
    * Option to hide lockscreen clock, date & alarm text
    * Hide status bar on lockscreen
    * Hide power menu on secure lockscreen
    * Hide quick settings on secure lockscreen
    * Lockscreen flashlight, double tap anywhere to sleep and disable media image

Multi tasking
    * Round button on recents
    * Recents style toggle: cards and grid
    * Recents membar

System
    * Viper Color Engine built from scratch
    * Lawnchair as default launcher (+DT2S)
    * Navbar enable/disable
    * Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
    * Dynamic navbar
    * Navbar dimensions
    * Navbar button layout
    * Hardware keys binding
    * Hardware keys enable/disable
    * Kill app with back button
    * Power menu customization
    * Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
    * Reset battery stats
    * Wired headset: make ringtone audio focus customizable
    * Live volume steps
    * Hide arrows in network traffic indicators
    * Fingerprint authentication vibration
    * Toast icon switch
    * Advanced Bluetooth, Data, Wifi Toggles
    * Disable/enable screenshot sound
    * QS header icon settings
    * Header date and time positions
    * Unlock keystore with fingerprint
    * Ability to toggle vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    * Double tap to sleep on navigation bar
    * Drop Lineage LockClock, use OmniJaws
    * Drop AOSP Clock app, use from Google
    * Custom ambient display settings
    * Three Fingers Swipe for Screenshot
    * PA Accidental Touch

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official website: Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps (I use nano): OpenGApps

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    ResurrectionRemix team
    crDroid team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2_29][N5X][OMS][VCE]ViperOS v3.0 Coral [OFFICIAL][12/08/17], ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    GYUAUGUST, All team Viper
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Los

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-12

Created 2017-06-18
    Last Updated 2017-08-12
    *Viper v3.0 - Coral*

**CHANGELOG:**

- August Security Patch - 7.1.2_r29;
    - Introduced Viper Color Engine;
    - Added Lawnchair as default launcher (Included Double Tap to turn off screen);
    - Allow user to add/remove QS shortcuts with one click;
    - Reintroduce Three Fingers Swipe for Screenshot;
    - Introduced PA Accidental Touch;
    - QS Brightness control On Footer;
    - Improvements on Header Layout;
    - VPapers Revamped (+ Size reduced);
    And many more improvements and minor changes.

https://download.viper-os.com/bullhead/
    Great stuff!! Many thanks for this.
    Thanks for update...!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA-Developers Legacy app