FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 5X Thread

2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,928

By WugFresh, Recognized Developer on 27th November 2015, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th November 2015, 05:50 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,928

Donate to Me
More
Reserved

*I am big fan of this device. Looking forward to using it as my daily driver, and very happy to extend NRT support*
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2015, 10:35 PM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 1,471

More
just added to index

[INDEX] LG NEXUS 5X Resources Compilation Roll-Up
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reyscott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reyscott Ad-Free
27th November 2015, 11:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Nice to see you here WugFresh!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to k.s.deviate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k.s.deviate Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 12:39 AM |#5  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 796

More
Good to see you, glad you've joined us :thumbup:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbdan Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 02:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi! Very nice to see you here! You're always been my backup when I screw up something in the past with my nexus devices. I'm know I can always get back to stock with NRT

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to leontine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leontine Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 04:22 PM |#7  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 29

More
@WugFresh

Love your NRT on the Nmmexus 6. Glad you're here. Makes life a lot easier
29th November 2015, 12:53 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I couldn't install busybox as mentioned in the instructions provided for "rooting", it's the last step (confirmation for root). It prompted me to change installation directory but system/bin doesn't work as well. And i can't boot recovery as well after the whole rooting process. It just shows me a dead android there

edit: i may have download stock recovery as well, as prompted by your toolkit after rooting.
#2 edit: reflashed twrp to solve my problems, but you may want to mention something to prevent something like that from happening again. Or maybe i'm just dumb
#3 edit: so sorry, it seems that the busybox provided was outdated, update it from playstore and installation will be good to go
30th November 2015, 11:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadiu

I couldn't install busybox as mentioned in the instructions provided for "rooting", it's the last step (confirmation for root). It prompted me to change installation directory but system/bin doesn't work as well. And i can't boot recovery as well after the whole rooting process. It just shows me a dead android there

edit: i may have download stock recovery as well, as prompted by your toolkit after rooting.
#2 edit: reflashed twrp to solve my problems, but you may want to mention something to prevent something like that from happening again. Or maybe i'm just dumb
#3 edit: so sorry, it seems that the busybox provided was outdated, update it from playstore and installation will be good to go

I am having BusyBox issues also.
1st December 2015, 12:54 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartenn

I am having BusyBox issues also.

If you tried to install busybox right after you root your phone, as what the Root toolkit tells you to, it will not work like mine. That's because it's outdated. So just go to play store and update that app first before you reinstall any other app. I presume you rooted your device right after you unlock your bootloader which factory resets your device.
1st December 2015, 03:01 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have issue gaining write access to /system, busybox can't install to system/bin or system/xbin, had to install busybox through recovery.
also no /system write access through adb shell, it says system file read only
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)