By jgummeson, Member on 3rd February 2016, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2016, 08:45 PM |#431  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob

Android Pay just failed for me at the grocery store, I presumed it was because I installed the July OTA update. Last worked July 21. :_(

Reverted to 6.0.1 version of AP, no joy, can't add a card.

Nope, Google changed something server-side. I'm stock with systemless root. Yesterday am I could pass a safetynet check without issue. I saw some discussion about this and tried before I went to sleep last night and failed.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrman Ad-Free

27th July 2016, 12:14 AM |#432  
Flag Tornado, WV
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to crash your all's thread but this was working fine on the unlocked HTC 10 too, today just stopped, Google changed something server side I think.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
27th July 2016, 10:02 AM |#433  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yep, been using systemless on my OP3 for ages now and it's worked fine, tried to pay for my breakfast this morning and it wouldn't let me.

Looks like they patched something serverside. This sucks.
27th July 2016, 10:12 AM |#434  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Running Systemless on my Nexus 6P. Was working on Monday afternoon, and with no changes, I just tried adding a new card in AP and it fails.
27th July 2016, 01:12 PM |#435  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Yep, I can confirm too that I used android pay fine just yesterday, until today morning when I tried to buy a coffee (cts: fail). I rebooted my phone and after boot it was rebuilding dalvik cache for just one app (Optimising app 1 out of 1). I know people argue that its a serverside patch but did anyone else had this?
The Following User Says Thank You to poulopoulosa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poulopoulosa Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 02:37 PM |#436  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Just for statistic my post for SuperSU thread:

I use rooted Nexus 5X with stock ROM, no kernels. I updated to Z build with full image using FlashFire on 7/14. 7/15, 7/16 and 7/17 I successfully used AP in Google play, BJs and Wholefoods. And 7/25 AP failed and asked me to unroot phone in Petco. But I didn't change anything in the system since 7/14. And AP was updated on 7/11. BTW, I checked my phone with Safetynet and it fails. Tried to reboot it, reflashed SuperSU to 2.76 - no luck, Safetynet fails. "

My conclusion that safety check is performed on server side.
The Following User Says Thank You to antroid88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antroid88 Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 03:20 PM |#437  
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 26

More
After yesterday's failure, I tried steps that worked previously (June):
  1. Start fresh
  2. Reboot into Bootloader
  3. flash stock system, boot, and recovery IMGs from latest factory image
  4. Boot up
  5. => Test Android Pay (can add cards, can pay for something)
  6. => Test Safetynet or Root Checker pro
  7. Go back to bootloader
  8. Flash TWRP recovery
  9. In Recovery, install SuperSU 2.76 in systemless mode[1]
  10. Boot up
  11. => Go add your cards to AP
[1] /data/.supersu file with SYSTEMLESS=true, BINDSYSTEMXBIN=false

This worked previously and I was paying with multiple cards. Yesterday it failed on step 11.

For those posting "hey, something changed," um hyup ahem, please read from 7/25 on.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChromeJob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChromeJob Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 03:50 PM |#438  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 333

More
this is unfortunate, and since it's server-side changes looks like systemless root + AP won't work on any devices for now.
27th July 2016, 06:42 PM |#439  
Flag Austin, TX and Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Classic. I don't need AP at all, butter I've been paying with it to support the statistics showing it's being used, vs other choices. Now they break it, and my trust, so I'll use one of the others. Google is so self defeating here.

Sent from my HTC 10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vettejock99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vettejock99 Ad-Free
27th July 2016, 06:45 PM |#440  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
freaking dammit, i just tried it on a smart vending machine at work with my 6p on N dp5 and while it *FOR SURE* worked yesterday, it is *NOT* working today.
27th July 2016, 06:47 PM |#441  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 31

More
It's kinda understandable because banks are reliable for our money. If someone steals from our debit cards, bank should compensate it. But they don't want to compensate lose from theirs pockets. So if someone steals money and AP will be related to this crime, banks will ask Google to provide information regardless the case. If they find out that related phone was rooted, they'll ask Google to compensate lose. What Google will do? Well, they can make root tougher or start investigation against Chainfire, just because his soft could be potentially related to crime.

Personally, I rather ask Amex to replace my card with touchless one, than give up root.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antroid88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antroid88 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)