[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 15.1 & 15.0 nightly builds for Nexus 5X (Deprecated)

Search This thread

amir7777

Sep 22, 2012
Are Lineage related features already implemented or it's still stock-like OS? Can't boot it in multirom, because system UI crashes on start-up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs
As far as I know they're still implementing features so there might be some of them not working yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
@KayMW just wanted to drop a quick thanks for the build and bump the thread.. to those who asked, some of the lineage features are in already such as livedisplay and trebuchet, but some are still missing like the extra quick settings tiles and the old clock tweaks

ROM is super smooth, came from stock. The build is pretty complete as it is, compared to some other AOSP builds I have been on which have had a few things missing compared to stock factory image

One thing worth mentioning to any people reading this thread wondering about usability, MMS is not working for some carriers, its not an APN issue as far as I can tell, its deeper in the framework
https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/deve...-nightlies-t3683688/post74651968#post74651968

Looking forward to official Lineage nightlies so thanks for your builds in the meantime :) Hope all is well

Reactions: KayMW and amir7777

bartero

Dec 13, 2017
A recent build + pico gapps crashes

Hi,
I have flashed with recent TWRP your build with pico gapps. The configuration creator doesn't respond and keeps crashing after boot. Thus the installation is unusable.
I have tried theses two builds from your server:
- lineage-15.0-20171128_001243-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip
- lineage-15.0-20171213_001018-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip

with gapps:
open_gapps-arm64-8.0-pico-20171213.zip

I have wiped all partitions with TWRP before flashing.

Can anybody help? Does anyone have possible causes/solutions in mind?

Thanks,
Bart

bartero

Dec 13, 2017
Finally It started to work! :)

dont use open gapps at the moment. try these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74784942&postcount=2313 and use gapps mentioned by @razorloves

Hi! Thanks for pointing me to that info :) However switching to that special modified Gapps wasn't enough to solve the problem. Only after I did flash that imgs with vendor, radio and bootloader the problem "magically" disappeared. I did actually also use that particular LIneage ROM image (in the end I did 100% of what is instructed to do in that post you pointed me to).

I am now wondering what helped the situation? It rather couldn't be, that all the builds (I tried two different) from @KayMW are broken, especially when other people used it successfully, right? Could the solution lie in flashing any of these images: vendor, radio, bootloader? The phone I use hasn't been ever flashed with anything since new and it was updated to the recent Android 8.1 via official OTA. That means the phone should have all the most recent stuff like the baseband partition. To make things clear: I have a rather basic knowledge on hacking phones. Particularly I don't understand what is the vendor img for - maybe some drivers?

I'll be glad for any pointers to valuable information.
Thanks!
Bart

Gerii

Oct 29, 2016
Thanks for these builds! Just wondering if it would already be possible to make LineageOS 15.1 builds or is that not ready yet?

Reactions: KayMW

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
Hi! Thanks for pointing me to that info :) However switching to that special modified Gapps wasn't enough to solve the problem. Only after I did flash that imgs with vendor, radio and bootloader the problem "magically" disappeared. I did actually also use that particular LIneage ROM image (in the end I did 100% of what is instructed to do in that post you pointed me to).

I am now wondering what helped the situation? It rather couldn't be, that all the builds (I tried two different) from @KayMW are broken, especially when other people used it successfully, right? Could the solution lie in flashing any of these images: vendor, radio, bootloader? The phone I use hasn't been ever flashed with anything since new and it was updated to the recent Android 8.1 via official OTA. That means the phone should have all the most recent stuff like the baseband partition. To make things clear: I have a rather basic knowledge on hacking phones. Particularly I don't understand what is the vendor img for - maybe some drivers?

I'll be glad for any pointers to valuable information.
Thanks!
Bart

As I said at the beginning, Lineage OS 15.0 is still under heavy development, so it's not recommended for daily use. I'm not a member of Lineage OS developer team and also I don't know anything about Android development. So sorry, I cannot make any help. Just wait for further fixes, or you can try to send send issues on GitHub.

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
Thanks for these builds! Just wondering if it would already be possible to make LineageOS 15.1 builds or is that not ready yet?

I've tried to do that, but I found that the device repository doesn't have Lineage 15.1 branch, so I have to wait for the develop team. So these days I'll keep building 15.0, I'm sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 15.1 & 15.0 nightly builds for Nexus 5X (Deprecated)

I wrote a script to fetch and build Lineage OS 15.0 & 15.1 every day on my server (Start at 00:00 UTC).

If you are interested in trying new things, feel free to download. The packages were signed using test keys from the repo so you may NOT directly OTA upgrade to the official release of Lineage OS 15.0 that may release later.
    (Of course, the builds are provided AS IS with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY)

The download is available here:
    LOS 15.0: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15
    LOS 15.1: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15.1

Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

=================
    For build 20170924:
    If you met "E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is .", try to delete the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.
    (Delete this:)
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "bullhead" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bullhead" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    I NEVER made any change to the source code, so it's probably a problem from upstream.

Also after installing the package, Setup Wizard seems will crash. You need to find a way to bypass it or try a later build.

And again, Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

This thread is now deprecated, please view https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-15-1-nightly-builds-t3741956

Ooh... I didn't noticed there are 15.1 sources... I'll start to build it in a few days.
    build stopped at october 27 ?:confused:
    Sorry for that.

I wrote a bash script to build automatically, and use cron to run it daily. But I don't know what's wrong with it, most time when the script executed by cron it won't build correctly (you can view the build log to see details). When that happens, I have to run it manually. But I was in the hospital for last two weeks so it stopped. Sorry.
    @KayMW just wanted to drop a quick thanks for the build and bump the thread.. to those who asked, some of the lineage features are in already such as livedisplay and trebuchet, but some are still missing like the extra quick settings tiles and the old clock tweaks

ROM is super smooth, came from stock. The build is pretty complete as it is, compared to some other AOSP builds I have been on which have had a few things missing compared to stock factory image

One thing worth mentioning to any people reading this thread wondering about usability, MMS is not working for some carriers, its not an APN issue as far as I can tell, its deeper in the framework
    https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/deve...-nightlies-t3683688/post74651968#post74651968

Looking forward to official Lineage nightlies so thanks for your builds in the meantime :) Hope all is well