FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dark photos using flash

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By garryboy, Member on 19th May 2016, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I tried to take a picture earlier today with the flash using the standard Google camera and the picture was almost completely black.

I restarted the phone and it's still the same. All pictures I take with flash are almost completely black.

Im on build MTC19T running stock marshmallow.

Anyone else have a similar issue

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to garryboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift garryboy Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 08:53 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
The pictures are with flash off and then on

[/IMG]

22nd May 2016, 06:19 PM |#3  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryboy

I tried to take a picture earlier today with the flash using the standard Google camera and the picture was almost completely black.

I restarted the phone and it's still the same. All pictures I take with flash are almost completely black.

Im on build MTC19T running stock marshmallow.

Anyone else have a similar issue

Yes! Finally someone with the same issue. I recorded my n5x while taking a video using my n5 and I'm going to see if I can upload it.

You'll be surprised at what the flash looks like. The first initial flash is fine but the second one is at like 1/4 the brightness and doesn't seem timed right. I called Google and they said to factory reset the phone and if it still occurs they'll send me a new one.

Like I really have time to backup everything and reset and send out the phone and get another.

As far as I'm concerned it's a problem with the software. I'm 100% on stock, not rooted and nothing helps. It does randomly work maybe 20% of the time. And it has nothing to do with rebooting.

I can't upload a video but I did attach a similar pic i took using the flash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1463937476194.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	3758988

Sent using my kinda ok Nexus 5X
22nd May 2016, 09:56 PM |#4  
Flag Eskisehir
Thanks Meter: 769

More
I got same problem with third party camera apps. But everything is fine with Google Camera. Be sure that you got latest vendor.img.
22nd May 2016, 11:32 PM |#5  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanjui

I got same problem with third party camera apps. But everything is fine with Google Camera. Be sure that you got latest vendor.img.

https://youtu.be/jE7DJMr8oMU

I'm using the stock camera unrooted and it's constantly happening. Look at the link to the video on the tube that shows the flash issue.

22nd May 2016, 11:45 PM |#6  
Flag Eskisehir
Thanks Meter: 769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLTAGEROCK

https://youtu.be/jE7DJMr8oMU

I'm using the stock camera unrooted and it's constantly happening. Look at the link to the video on the tube that shows the flash issue.

Upload to Google Drive or YouTube. Also i can confirm this with third party apps.
22nd May 2016, 11:47 PM |#7  
Flag New Jersey

More
Just search:

NEXUS 5X STOCK CAMERA FLASH PROBLEM

On YouTube

Dang video isn't working.

OR go here but copy the link and get rid of the space between the https and the colon.

https ://youtu.be/jE7DJMr8oMU

This is insane. ADD the letter s after http. For some reason it's showing it on my edit but not when I submit. I don't know what's happening anymore. I feel I'm becoming more dumb with smart phones and technology and I'm an f-ing engineer.

23rd May 2016, 12:06 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
I'm just wondering if this is a fault that's developed after one of the marshmallow updates or one that's been there since I got the phone.

Unfortunately I don't think I've used the flash untill now.

Just glad I'm not the only one with the issue.

Unfortunately I did not purchase my phone from the playstore but brand new and unopened from eBay for £205

I have registered with LG for manufacturers warranty. I will ask them if it's a software or hardware fault

23rd May 2016, 12:09 AM |#9  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryboy

I'm just wondering if this is a fault that's developed after one of the marshmallow updates or one that's been there since I got the phone.

Unfortunately I don't think I've used the flash untill now.

Just glad I'm not the only one with the issue.

Unfortunately I did not purchase my phone from the playstore but brand new and unopened from eBay for £205

I have registered with LG for manufacturers warranty. I will ask them if it's a software or hardware fault

Did u have any luck looking at my video?

I get an error trying to on xda but it does play fine if u just go to YouTube.

Also same here. I don't know if this existed when I purchased the phone either. I noticed it 3 months ago and bought the phone at the end of October '15.

23rd May 2016, 12:09 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Il try it on YouTube now

23rd May 2016, 12:13 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Yeh see what you mean about the second flash being a lot weaker than the first.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)