FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you experience poor touchscreen latency (input lag) with the Nexus 5X?

Yes

83 Vote(s)
67.48%
No

40 Vote(s)
32.52%

Poor touchscreen latency?

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ianmc_uk, Junior Member on 20th October 2015, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone else found the scroll/swipe speed to be slow on the Nexus 5X compared to other handsets? Annoyingly, I can't find any settings for this.

The issue is global and not limited to one app. With pointer trails on, there is visible lag between my finger's input and what happens on-screen. I've never seen this on any other device.

Thanks,
Ian
20th October 2015, 10:09 AM |#2  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 48

More
for me happen when is charging..
20th October 2015, 10:19 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ah, I hadn't spotted that! I've tested, it is significantly worse when charging. Barely noticeable / normal on battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
20th October 2015, 10:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Also noticed it, and it does seem to be when charging.
20th October 2015, 02:31 PM |#5  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Same here

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
20th October 2015, 06:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Yikes...the fact it changes with charging would make me nervous that it is a hardware defect, like bad grounding or something.
20th October 2015, 09:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My phone is unusable whilst charging due to the touch screen lag!!!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

This could be a real deal breaker for me as I use my phone frequently whilst plugged in and charging. I will give it approximately a week to find a solution otherwise back it goes under the distance selling regulations.: (
21st October 2015, 03:18 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Been an LG problem since the G2. Buggy, stuttering laggy response from display while charging. Nexus 5 did it, G2, G3 etc. Some people report different chargers affect how bad it can be or possibly cure it. But that's a challenge when everything is proprietary to the 5x.

That's the worst news I've heard about this device so far. Lots of things can be dealt with. But when you HAVE to use it while charging this could be a deal breaker. Damn.
21st October 2015, 03:57 AM |#9  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 359

More
I've noticed this happens on a number of devices (including an iPhone 5s) and found it's due to a cheap wall charger that can't regulate voltage properly. Anybody happen to have aftermarket wall chargers or can plug it into a USB 3.0 port? Maybe somehow the stock chargers have a defect.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
21st October 2015, 04:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
I have not had any issues. This thing is leaps and bounds smoother than my S6E.
21st October 2015, 08:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have tried charging with a USB A to USB C cable and this fixes the touch screen lag so it does appear to be an issue with the supplied charger or cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)