FORUMS

Possible to remove the corruption warning message after unlocking the bootloader?

3,360 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,641

By sn0warmy, Senior Member on 13th November 2015, 11:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2016, 08:04 PM |#21  
Flag On a rock with a laptop
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollex

Okay, figured out that this is bootloader version, right? mine says BHZ10m, so I ask again, will this work with my Nexus 5X? (bought today, brand new)

Correct. You should have no problem - the warning message and tagging files with the bootloader name were mostly there in case updated versions were needed (and so far aren't needed).
Enjoy your new N5X!
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixTank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhoenixTank Ad-Free
8th April 2016, 12:42 PM |#22  
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 872

More
I've managed to turn off most of the warnings without replacing the images. I get a yellow warning that I have a different OS loaded and the it shows the key signature.

I relocked the bootloader and made a few changes to the rom:
I enabled verity on the system partition
I set the backuptools flag to false so that the updater-script won't backup or otherwise modify the system partition.
I adjusted the fstab.bullhead logic so that verity is used.
I also manually update the /etc/hosts file for ad blocking and I included open gapps pico in my source tree so that I don't have to install adaway or flash gapps, which would break system integrity.

Yes, it's the longer road to get rid of the red corruption message, but it's the more secure way to do it. I can update the recovery and vendor partitions by writing them directly with dd.

The next step would be to manually sign the vendor partition and enforce verity on it. I believe it is signed with google's keys, so I would resign it with my own to that it can be verified.
1st June 2016, 12:43 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbush

The Imgdata Tool mentioned earlier works flawlessly to customize your boot screens: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...-tool-t3240052

You need to have a little knowledge of graphics but with Photoshop or Gimp it's just a matter of choosing your image and resizing (or making a text based image, or just a black image that will be a blank screen). Watch the file size as instructed. If you haven't done any advanced image manipulation, it's a great learning opportunity.

Will this work for the 6p too?
1st June 2016, 12:52 PM |#25  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Peter

Will this work for the 6p too?

No, it will not.
15th August 2016, 02:15 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Not working with BHZ10r

Any idea of what to do?
Thanks in advance
16th August 2016, 09:27 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 7,235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabier-bo

Not working with BHZ10r

Any idea of what to do?
Thanks in advance

If it matters to you, try flashing older bootloader. The new one does some checking to verify the images aren't modified.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
18th August 2016, 08:48 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

If it matters to you, try flashing older bootloader. The new one does some checking to verify the images aren't modified.

Thks sfhub,
I guessed it (now I've read about that in another thread). And I already tried to flash the older bootloader, but then the device got into loop, then reflashed new bootloader and now it longs for 4' to be up and running.
I will reflash the whole firmware again
18th August 2016, 09:17 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 7,235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabier-bo

Thks sfhub,
I guessed it (now I've read about that in another thread). And I already tried to flash the older bootloader, but then the device got into loop, then reflashed new bootloader and now it longs for 4' to be up and running.
I will reflash the whole firmware again

What happens if you flash the older bootloader, the older boot.img, system.img, and vendor.img.
18th August 2016, 04:20 PM |#30  

More
I opted for flashing bhz10p bootlader and then the rest of the mtc20f firmware.
All OK, thanks anyway
13th October 2016, 11:14 AM |#31  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee one

I've managed to turn off most of the warnings without replacing the images. I get a yellow warning that I have a different OS loaded and the it shows the key signature.

I relocked the bootloader and made a few changes to the rom:
I enabled verity on the system partition
I set the backuptools flag to false so that the updater-script won't backup or otherwise modify the system partition.
I adjusted the fstab.bullhead logic so that verity is used.
I also manually update the /etc/hosts file for ad blocking and I included open gapps pico in my source tree so that I don't have to install adaway or flash gapps, which would break system integrity.

Yes, it's the longer road to get rid of the red corruption message, but it's the more secure way to do it. I can update the recovery and vendor partitions by writing them directly with dd.

The next step would be to manually sign the vendor partition and enforce verity on it. I believe it is signed with google's keys, so I would resign it with my own to that it can be verified.

Have you made any progress with this? I'm also playing around with this but cant seem to advance, do you have your source published somewhere so I can check? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)