Unbrick Nexus 5x Using QFIL or QPST

Search This thread

frostthejack

Oct 17, 2010
i dont know how to make it

It seems you just put your phone into edl mode and it will connect with the emmc downloader if you look at my image you can see at the top where it shows it connected to the com port. you can name the .hex file and the .mbn file and then at the very bottom there is a download button. I believe that is all you do.

qb74

Dec 2, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
It seems you just put your phone into edl mode and it will connect with the emmc downloader if you look at my image you can see at the top where it shows it connected to the com port. you can name the .hex file and the .mbn file and then at the very bottom there is a download button. I believe that is all you do.
95% sure this is used for flashing and not for "downloading" files we need. EDL mode doesn't work like that, then again, always worth a shot (no risk no fun ey?)
QPST/QFIL software says that my phone is in EDL, so I could attempt this.

alan.nj978

May 22, 2017
the guy that is selling the mbn files (ArykTECH) claims that the nexus 5x firehose file is inside his archive.

qb74

Dec 2, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
the guy that is selling the mbn files (ArykTECH) claims that the nexus 5x firehose file is inside his archive.

as I mentioned, I gave him money to find a way to unbrick the 5X, let's see if he'll provide files that are needed for it.
He told me it'll take him 4-7 business days. think that already passed, but let's see. :D (messaged him 2 days ago, hasn't responded thus far)

truekasun

Mar 2, 2012
kasunjayarathna.com
I don't know how i don't that i was pressing the volume down and my phone was connected to my pc after that my phone boot only to fastboot
I'v download a factory image and flash it but my phone won't turn on i have try the last 7.1.2 i will the last 8.0 later
And my device is a bootloop one i only have 4 core

Try there methods
https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/general/untested-nexus-5x-bootloop-death-fix-t3641199

https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/general/nexus-5x-bootloop-death-blod-andorid-t3683926

Sofiane omega

Feb 20, 2015
Redmi 9 Power
Xiaomi Poco F3
as I mentioned, I gave him money to find a way to unbrick the 5X, let's see if he'll provide files that are needed for it.
He told me it'll take him 4-7 business days. think that already passed, but let's see. :D (messaged him 2 days ago, hasn't responded thus far)

bro any news from that guy I think 9 day or more have past did he find a way to unbrick the nexus 5x

imTigger

Jul 16, 2008
Hong Kong
list of file that we don't have
emmc_appsboot.mbn
hyp.mbn
pmic.mbn
rpm.mbn
sbl1.mbn
sdi.mbn
tz.mdn
I find that this file are used to unbrick lg g4
Those files can be obtained by extracting the .tot file with 7-zip.
What we need the most is a working Qualcomm firehose mbn file for Nexus 5X.
Without that we can't really write anything to the phone.

imTigger

Jul 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I can't send it back for RMA because it was imported US model (I am in Hong Kong).
Now it's just a phone-like paperweight on my desk.

Just bought an HTC 10 last week. Pixel is not available in my country.
Very snappy, much like Nexus-series (Very few bloatwares)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats good @Irochk because guess what!! We have a solution I will be posting everything here and in a new thread. I have tested it so far twice and strangely the threads on here combined with my knowledge of LG problems first hand at the shop gave us the solution. I will go over everything in detail once I finish getting the photos together and the OP.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

That's right this problem is SOLVED I will be posting everything tomorrow
    Cross-post from Nexus 6P forum.

The Qualcomm Tools (similar to Xiaomi tools or LG flash tools), has the capability to unbrick from any condition (QHUSB_BULK, Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, Emergency Download Mode, etc), except physical damage like fried eMMC, or bad motherboard. What's missing now for Nexus 5x is that there's no .mbn or .kdz factory images for it. Now there might be a way to create that out of a working phone, or from what's available from Google's Factory Images repo.

Once we figure this out, it can help many out there who's stuck with a bricked phone.

thread from 6P forum
    I almost forgot does anyone have a 16G backup or can create one, I can convert it. I just need you to install twrp take a flash drive put it in the phone format it to exfat and 16GB, once you have TWRP Installed go to storage and note the directory name of the flash drive I think it is usbdisk but if its different then usbdisk then go to advanced connect with adb open a command prompt and type these commands

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/storage/usbdisk/backup.img bs=512 count=30535646

The backup is 16GB then zip it up into a rar file and upload it and send me the download link I will do the rest, lets do 16GB First for the H790 and then we will do 32GB and then the H791.

Has anyone done this yet? I tried a dry run on my Nexus 5x 32gb and it appears I can do it. I'll have to pick up a USB-C stick tonight.
    first download the tot file
    https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/help/req-help-to-unbrick-t3251740
    download boarddiag from here
    https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/fix-unbrick-nexus-5-stucked-qualcomm-hs-t3043301
    open boarddiag, on the bottom you can see Image Extraction
    press BIN option and select the tot file
    press DIR and create folder for the extracted MBN files
    and press Extract
    btw if you extract the tot file with 7-Zip you get a lot of img files, i hope that helps too
    sorry for the late reply
    And did you believe?
    The main thing is money: "Donate to Me"

He is dedicating some of his precious time on this to make it happen. Having said that, I would be more than happy to make a donation if this works.