FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5X (bullhead)

1,695 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,395

By razorloves, Senior Member on 9th November 2016, 12:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Important Info
NOTE: If you're updating from an old cm rom or unofficial lineage rom to an official lineage rom, and you want to keep your data, you must use the 'data migration build' that's labeled EXPERIMENTAL on the lineage downloads page. Otherwise you will need to wipe. See here for more info on that.

Currently, the lineage 14.1 bullhead nightlies are based on the 7.1.2 N2G47F (Apr 2017) monthly update from google. So you should be using the vendor, radio and bootloader img from that update. They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
Note: All 3 of these are newer versions than what was in the previous monthly google update, so make sure you update all 3.
* vendor-n2g47f.img
* radio-bullhead-m8994f-2.6.37.2.21.img
* bootloader-bullhead-bhz11l.img
The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
LineageOS: https://download.lineageos.org/bullhead
Google apps: Beans GApps (recommend mini)
SU addon zip: Addon Install zip / Addon Removal zip NOTE: LineageOS does not come with root, so this is now provided for those that want it. The install zip is a one time flash, like gapps. Meaning, it persists when updating to a new LineageOS nightly. REF: https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Changelog
https://download.lineageos.org/bullhead/changes/

Stats
https://stats.lineageos.org/

Contributors
dcd1182, razorloves

Source Code:
Device tree: https://www.github.com/LineageOS/and...d/tree/cm-14.1
Kernel tree: https://www.github.com/LineageOS/and...d/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.73

The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to razorloves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razorloves Ad-Free

9th November 2016, 12:44 PM |#2  
Flag Košice
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Issues with CM 14.1
Hello, today I tried to flash CM 14.1 but I had some issues like warning that my phone is corrupted or something and I have to contact manufacturer. I wasn't able to setup the device. I'm wondering if this can be flashed over purenexus 7.0 ROM with NBD90Z vendor image...or should I flash some newer vendor image ? Thanks for help community
9th November 2016, 12:55 PM |#3  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maof_ke

Hello, today I tried to flash CM 14.1 but I had some issues like warning that my phone is corrupted or something and I have to contact manufacturer. I wasn't able to setup the device. I'm wondering if this can be flashed over purenexus 7.0 ROM with NBD90Z vendor image...or should I flash some newer vendor image ? Thanks for help community

Do not enable wifi or cellular data during setup, and it will not attempt the device setup part that you can't get past.

Otherwise pretty stable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to airtower For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift airtower Ad-Free
9th November 2016, 01:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I've flashed it, it had some problems booting, but now its working. Here's my guideline:

1-If you do not want to get the VENDOR message at first boot, start flashing last NRD91N factory image
2-Flash TWRP from fastboot, and do a "Fastboot erase cache" and "Fastboot erase userdata"
3-Reboot into TWRP, and do a DATA Format
4-Reboot into TWRP and do a Full Wipe
5-Flash CM14.1 and OpenGapps (i used nano)
6-Reboot. Give it about 5 min, mine got stuck at CM logo. If after 5 min it does not boot, keep power button pressed for a few seconds till it reboots. It should boot properly now.
7-If after booting, entering SIM Pin code DO NOT ENABLE WIFI OR DATA. It will cause a loop on the wizard. Let both be disabled till the end of the config.
8-Reboot and you should have CM14.1 official working.

Here's proof:Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161109-140003.png
Views:	7858
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	3931125

Sorry for my english.

UPDATE:

Ok, i've been doing some more testing with both official 7.0 and dev preview 7.1 and here are my results:

1-If you want, you can use 7.1 dev preview as base, using the same tutorial above. The only difference will be that after every reboot, right before PIN Code, it will tell you the VENDOR.img message. Nothing to worry about.
2-I don't know if it is a placebo effect or not, but I get better performance on the CM14.1 if I use 7.1 as base. I think it is more fluent.
3-Using 7.1 as base definetively changes something, there's a little "glitch" or graphical difference with 7.0. Here's proof:
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2016-11-10_10-42-47.jpg
Views:	6982
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	3931912
As you can see, Menu item switch looks different from 7.0.
4-In my experience, I've decided to disable the stock Web Browser and install any other, because the one that comes with the build gives FCs some times, and I think it has some memory leak or something, that makes the OS lag. After disabling it, everything works fine.

Hope this helps to anyone.
Cheers
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xatornet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xatornet Ad-Free
9th November 2016, 01:15 PM |#5  
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 1,698

More
@razorloves
Thanks for you're contribution to N5x!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
9th November 2016, 01:46 PM |#6  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I've never used but want to try this out since i'm hearing a lot about it....what I want and need to know is what features comes with this ROM? something tells me i'm really going to like it.
9th November 2016, 02:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Gallery app freezes and then the phone resets...and ElementalX has dark camera bug
9th November 2016, 02:06 PM |#8  
Flag Liberec
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Im unable to complete the initial settings.
After connecting to wifi or data, im prompted to copy data from another device with some error messages and i cant proceed, im always taken back to previous settings screens.
When i try to turn off the wifi and data, the phone tell me that "unable to connect" and im taken back to "choose how to connect" screen. So... any suggestions? I even tried "factory reset" but with no luck.
Im using the newest bootloader from 7.1.1 DP, is this a possible source of the issues? Thanks!
9th November 2016, 02:14 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 4,395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawman007

Gallery app freezes and then the phone resets...

yep, just heard about that couple hours ago.
already submitted fix, just testing it now.
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/topic:sdcardfs-fix

EDIT: Thanks to @DeHuMaNiZeD for testing my changes. The fix is now merged and will be in the next nightly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to razorloves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razorloves Ad-Free
9th November 2016, 02:58 PM |#10  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 606

More
My impressions so far are exactly as mentioned above by others with the added addition that battery icons dont work when you switch landscape and circle. Hidden and text work. Other than that the rom is pretty stable.
9th November 2016, 03:01 PM |#11  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carach_CZ

Im unable to complete the initial settings.
After connecting to wifi or data, im prompted to copy data from another device with some error messages and i cant proceed, im always taken back to previous settings screens.
When i try to turn off the wifi and data, the phone tell me that "unable to connect" and im taken back to "choose how to connect" screen. So... any suggestions? I even tried "factory reset" but with no luck.
Im using the newest bootloader from 7.1.1 DP, is this a possible source of the issues? Thanks!

Do not enable wifi or cellular data during setup, and it will not attempt the device setup part that you can't get past.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)