FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Official Omni Oreo [8.1.0]

3,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,780

By Gandalf, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 29th November 2015, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2015, 07:59 AM |#21  
Flag asan korea
Thanks Meter: 31

More
APN settings files
Google Stock apn setting apns-conf.xml
System-etc
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5dqbvl1mp...-conf.xml?dl=0

나의 Nexus 5X 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
The Following User Says Thank You to windows8k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windows8k Ad-Free
1st December 2015, 08:45 AM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windows8k

APN settings files
Google Stock apn setting apns-conf.xml
System-etc
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5dqbvl1mp...-conf.xml?dl=0

ok I added them here: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/15841.../apns-conf.xml

I'll make another build for you.

Once you add the APNs yourself, it works, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gandalf Ad-Free
1st December 2015, 09:23 AM |#23  
Flag asan korea
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf

ok I added them here: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/15841.../apns-conf.xml

I'll make another build for you.

Once you add the APNs yourself, it works, right?

Thank you
11/30 just lte on after setting APN..
But Volte phone and SMS No..
CFSB source??..

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Gandalf
Spn-conf.xml code..

<spnOverride numeric="45006" spn="LG U+"/>

files add carrier

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

1st December 2015, 02:21 PM |#24  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,899

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes and dexpreopt so it boots quite fast depending on which Gapps package you use (if any). With no gapps, it will boot less than 60 seconds, with gapps, well if you use banks maybe 2-3 minutes, opengapps stock packages, maybe 5-6 minutes depending.

I was looking in your latest rooted ROM and it appears to be odexed.

I would love to find a stock deodexed ROM.
1st December 2015, 08:50 PM |#25  
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

I was looking in your latest rooted ROM and it appears to be odexed.

I would love to find a stock deodexed ROM.

Oh i see now. Right it is odexed during the build otherwise it would take a LOT longer to boot. Just wondering, why do you need to be deodexed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windows8k

Thank you
11/30 just lte on after setting APN..
But Volte phone and SMS No..
CFSB source??..

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Gandalf
Spn-conf.xml code..

<spnOverride numeric="45006" spn="LG U+"/>

files add carrier

Ah ok i will add spn too from stock , thanks!

Building now with apn + spn
The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gandalf Ad-Free
1st December 2015, 08:59 PM |#26  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh i see now. Right it is odexed during the build otherwise it would take a LOT longer to boot. Just wondering, why do you need to be deodexed?

Ah ok i will add spn too from stock , thanks!

For theming
1st December 2015, 09:34 PM |#27  
Quote:

For theming

You are going to build a ROM specific theme? Thats old school (not that I havent done that lately, lol). Why not build a Layers theme that can be used on stock (rooted) and on ROMs made for it? Many more people would be able to use it.
1st December 2015, 09:38 PM |#28  
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For theming

We don't have "full" layers support, just whatever is in AOSP at the moment. I can post deodexed builds if you'd like, or you can sync and build yourself, the source is fully functional with what I post, i only post builds once they are good without any cherry-picks or changes.
1st December 2015, 10:06 PM |#29  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiousInquisitor

You are going to build a ROM specific theme? Thats old school (not that I havent done that lately, lol). Why not build a Layers theme that can be used on stock (rooted) and on ROMs made for it? Many more people would be able to use it.

Old school, that is me, lol! Not that I learned all that much.

I have gotten to where I like a good stable stock like ROM that I can tweak like I want. I usually do post anything that I do in case someone else might be interested in it. I don't know anything about layers and I am not talking about a full scale theme. Just tweaks.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:

We don't have "full" layers support, just whatever is in AOSP at the moment. I can post deodexed builds if you'd like, or you can sync and build yourself, the source is fully functional with what I post, i only post builds once they are good without any cherry-picks or changes.

I just flashed Omni. Really nice! If I had a deodexed version I would be in hog heaven. Not that I am much good with smali files, but it is fun to mess with them. If you could post deodexed versions, it would be exceedingly kind of you, sir. I've been trying to deodex the stock ROM but until they come out with baksmali-2.1.1 it is beyond my capabilities.
1st December 2015, 10:10 PM |#30  
Quote:

Old school, that is me, lol! Not that I learned all that much.

I have gotten to where I like a good stable stock like ROM that I can tweak like I want. I usually do post anything that I do in case someone else might be interested in it. I don't know anything about layers and I am not talking about a full scale theme. Just tweaks.

Layers are pretty easy to work with. Its a lot like old school themeing, you should check it out. It has some limits though, like you cant mess with any layout xmls. In ROMs designed for layers layout xmls are modified so any references to colors go through the colors.xml in the values folder since that xml can be modified. Anyway, good luck on your tweaks. I enjoy that type of thing too.
1st December 2015, 10:14 PM |#31  
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
@windows8k please test this https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008921

and let me know if it works for you without changing any APN setings

Quote:

I just flashed Omni. Really nice! If I had a deodexed version I would be in hog heaven. Not that I am much good with smali files, but it is fun to mess with them. If you could post deodexed versions, it would be exceedingly kind of you, sir. I've been trying to deodex the stock ROM but until they come out with baksmali-2.1.1 it is beyond my capabilities.

sure thing. once nightlies start, however, they will all be odexed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gandalf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)