Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][N5X] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r57 - 9th May - Oreo

23,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,816

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all.

Compatibility:
It should work on any rom by following this logic:
Builds (starting with r1) are Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow only.
Builds (starting with r17) are Android 7.0 Nougat only.
Builds (starting with r28 up to r37) are Android 7.1.1 Nougat only.
Builds from r38 up to r44 are for Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Builds from r45 up to r48 are for Android 8.0.0 Oreo.
Builds from r49 are for Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

Download:
From my webserver choose the Kernel with the most recent version number. Older releases for older Android versions are in the parent directory:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus5X/8.1.0/anyKernel/
or from my Updater app. It's just easier and more convenient:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....franco.kernel

Installation:
Flash the zip in your recovery
or
Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
1 - Legendary battery life
2 - Flash & forget
3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
9 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
10 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus.../changelog.xml

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/bullhead

Follow me on the interwebs
Google+
Twitter

Google+ FK community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...12071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
The Following 234 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th January 2016, 06:36 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 128,816

Donate to Me
More
Current r1 is not yet complete, I think it only lacks sound control, but it's pretty much done.
Took me a little while to find the right balance, this little bastard lags easily, but this Kernel is pretty much a "clone" of FK for the 6P so I'm sure you'll have some fun with improved battery life.

FKUpdater will be updated tomorrow to support this Kernel and the final r1 release will also be out.
Any feedback about UI responsiveness and anything else that comes to mind, now's your chance to talk.

Two things to note though, EIS video stabilisation is enabled automatically with FK, just check your Camera app and you'll see it, and FK ships with a slightly cooler display colour temperature, and a very slight saturation boost.

I wasn't supposed to work on this device because I didn't want to shell out 450 euros for a device I wouldn't use outside Kernel/app development, but in the end I did it for you.

Enjoy it & you're ducking welcome.
The Following 158 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2016, 06:44 AM |#3  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Thanks much buddy. Will have to try it asap
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hypemanisus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hypemanisus Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:02 AM |#4  
Flag Peoria
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thank you! Been looking forward to this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ritual82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ritual82 Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:05 AM |#5  
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 1,071

More
My wife's 5x can barely keep up with her usage, anxious to see you work some magic. Thanks much!
5th January 2016, 07:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Yes! Thank you Franco!
5th January 2016, 07:49 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 754

More
Thank you!!!
5th January 2016, 08:04 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
FKupdater full version crashes when i go to settings
5th January 2016, 08:28 AM |#9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 2,034

More
@franciscofranco : Thanks a ton for bringing the support to 5X...Flashed and working good with Cleancore + Cata...Will test the setup for the day...video EIS option is set...so thats cool...also suddenly the new cool color calibration seems different...Nice work
The Following User Says Thank You to vampire36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampire36 Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 09:11 AM |#10  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Nice one - Thanks! made a few donations through your kernel app the other day to help pay for the device - I'm away from my computer for a couple of days so no flashing for now but will do asap! 👽

Sent from my Nexus 5X
The Following User Says Thank You to androidsnax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidsnax Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 09:21 AM |#11  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,183

Donate to Me
More
Thank you so much @franciscofranco 1st time being able to use your kernel and i can say I'm so ducking excited!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skulldreamz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skulldreamz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)