Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][N5X] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r57 - 9th May - Oreo

23,376 posts
Thanks Meter: 128,811

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2016, 07:02 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
a question, for your thermal control which is the sensor for the cpu that you get in consideration? because in the cpuz there many a lot of sensors

23rd June 2016, 09:03 PM |#1002  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkadavid

I've been looking around for info on the per app profiles. I understand how they work wrt setting specific apps, but I'm looking for tips on how to use it with Tasker. I'm looking for the ability to have a Tasker shortcut that then activates limits that I set vs just the three options available within FKU. Appreciate any help!

Inside Automation theres a (?) icon in the toolbar leads you to a help post which explains everything step by step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaggo

Out of the blue without changing any connected accessory I am getting some pretty nasty and persistent ttyHS0 kernel wakelocks since yesterday. More or less since flashing R11.
*I think* Google tried to tell me it's got to do with serial communication, which in this case would probably mean Bluetooth related or so. But as said, same setup as always, Android Wear device and car stereo, nothing newly added or removed since months.

Anything I can try to do about it?

Don't know anything about that, there's no change in that subsystem :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire7777777

a question, for your thermal control which is the sensor for the cpu that you get in consideration? because in the cpuz there many a lot of sensors

Try & error until the right sensor was found and there's info about which sensor queries each cpu in the Kernel device tree files.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2016, 10:00 PM |#1003  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Inside Automation theres a (?) icon in the toolbar leads you to a help post which explains everything step by step.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look through that and set up a shortcut on my home page to activate a custom profile. However, even though I e.g. limited the larger cores to a lower-than-max frequency, it still allowed them to hit max.

I think I may be misunderstanding how the per-app profiles work. If I create a custom profile but don't select apps for the profile to apply to, then it won't do anything, right? I'm looking for a way to have the custom profile apply to everything if I activate it (instead of one of the three others: power-saving, balance, performance).
24th June 2016, 01:37 AM |#1004  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkadavid

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look through that and set up a shortcut on my home page to activate a custom profile. However, even though I e.g. limited the larger cores to a lower-than-max frequency, it still allowed them to hit max.

I think I may be misunderstanding how the per-app profiles work. If I create a custom profile but don't select apps for the profile to apply to, then it won't do anything, right? I'm looking for a way to have the custom profile apply to everything if I activate it (instead of one of the three others: power-saving, balance, performance).

Ok so, Per-App Profiles are simply triggered when the app is in the foreground. So imagine to set to Facebook that profile, only when Facebook is in the foreground the profile will be applied, and back to what it was before as soon as it goes to the background.

The Performance Profiles are either toggled manually and it's system wide, or you can use the automation intents and you can toggle them whenever you want, also system wide.
24th June 2016, 06:59 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
For no apparent reason, with this kernel, my little cluster was literally clocked at the highest freq for 2hrs..draining my battery, and I had no active apps or anything running. It would just keep spiking up, never had this happened before.
25th June 2016, 05:05 AM |#1006  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herBosaurus

For no apparent reason, with this kernel, my little cluster was literally clocked at the highest freq for 2hrs..draining my battery, and I had no active apps or anything running. It would just keep spiking up, never had this happened before.

Why are you assuming that's FK's fault? I'm pretty sure you had some background process keeping your cores pegged.
25th June 2016, 05:41 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Why are you assuming that's FK's fault? I'm pretty sure you had some background process keeping your cores pegged.

Good question. Because it was the only change I made, flashing FK. I waited an hour after even rebooting, without having any apps running, literally everything was Greenified, and I had no apps in the foreground. I flashed another kernel and did the same thing and it was fine.
30th June 2016, 11:44 AM |#1008  
Flag Perugia
Thanks Meter: 7

More
R11 version it's amazing, thx!
5th July 2016, 12:02 AM |#1009  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herBosaurus

Good question. Because it was the only change I made, flashing FK. I waited an hour after even rebooting, without having any apps running, literally everything was Greenified, and I had no apps in the foreground. I flashed another kernel and did the same thing and it was fine.

Try to change throtling tempraturw to 46.
5th July 2016, 06:11 PM |#1010  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychofrantics

Try to change throtling tempraturw to 46.

Phone respectively Snapdragon 808 is quite useless now that summer starts to hit mainland and central Europe. As soon as the sun comes out, my CPU temp permanently hits 60° and more with only light tasks.

Basically I could say, my device turns itself into a quadcore device from 08:30 to 21:00 o'clock and even lowers the clockspeeds to batteryfriendly levels from 11:00 to 18:00!
<sarcasm>I would have paid a premium for that when I bought the device back in winter if I knew in advance, ingenious power saving features!!!</sarcasm>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schaggo Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 10:32 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Max OC
Just wondering what OC people have reached using this kernel without running into throttling issues
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)