24,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 136,088

Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2016, 02:31 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I can add your profile if you want. What name do you want for it?

I don't care if what you call it but I just wanted to point it out in case someone uses one of these presets and things somethings wrong with their phone. Personally I would rather you wait to see what people's consensus is on these settings. But it is your kernel and app and obviously your very experienced.

13th January 2016, 02:31 AM |#232  
Flag Hooksett, NH
Thanks Meter: 3,790

More
Does selinux enforcing work with this kernel? I'd like to continue using pay...
13th January 2016, 02:33 AM |#233  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 50,704

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg4prez

Does selinux enforcing work with this kernel? I'd like to continue using pay...

Yes, the kernel is Enforcing but that doesn't make a difference with Android Pay.
13th January 2016, 02:44 AM |#234  
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 1,077

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I'm very happy about that.

Thermal Throttle Threshold (increased to prevent premature offline of big cores) -> you don't need this anymore since r2, I removed the ability for the big cores to go offline entirely on r2, that's why she notices the big improvement since then!
I'm not sure I would run those interactive "tweaks", I would rather just use stock FK settings and if she still complains about performance then bump the input_boost_ms inside CPU-Manager (if you have the app of course, otherwise I'll tell you the command) to 1000 or even 1500.

appreciate the advice, she's leaving town tomorrow so i'm nervous to play with it before but i'll keep what said in mind for more testing when she returns. but yeah we've both purchased all your apps since nexus4 lol

thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drdrewdown Ad-Free
13th January 2016, 03:40 AM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Is there any way to make this kernel work with SuperSU 2.50 (the last system-mode version)?
13th January 2016, 03:44 AM |#236  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRb3

Is there any way to make this kernel work with SuperSU 2.50 (the last system-mode version)?

Nope. You can always compile it yourself with a modified sepolicy but Franco has said he is sticking with systemless root.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2016, 05:04 AM |#237  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,187

Donate to Me
More
When i boot into twrp I'm aware that twrp decrypts the data but is it possible to have the phone say decrypted under settings > security > encryption using this kernel? I could swear when i was running EX kernel the phone said decrypted but maybe I'm incorrect

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
13th January 2016, 05:06 AM |#238  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldreamz

When i boot into twrp I'm aware that twrp decrypts the data but is it possible to have the phone say decrypted under settings > security > encryption using this kernel? I could swear when i was running EX kernel the phone said decrypted but maybe I'm incorrect

It will say Encrypt Phone if you are decrypted. If you aren't decrypted already, you need to boot into TWRP, select Wipe then hit Format Data. This will nuke your internal storage and app data so make a backup before you do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2016, 05:18 AM |#239  
Flag Baltimore, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

It will say Encrypt Phone if you are decrypted. If you aren't decrypted already, you need to boot into TWRP, select Wipe then hit Format Data. This will nuke your internal storage and app data so make a backup before you do that.

Huh... I did format data. Weird, that it says encrypted. I'll boot into twrp and format data again and post if that works for me now. Appreciate the quick response @nathanchance

So I did format data like you said and now it says encrypt phone. Thanks again my dude

13th January 2016, 10:56 AM |#240  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldreamz

Huh... I did format data. Weird, that it says encrypted. I'll boot into twrp and format data again and post if that works for me now. Appreciate the quick response @nathanchance

So I did format data like you said and now it says encrypt phone. Thanks again my dude

Does it say encrypt phone encrypted? It's displayed under settings / security right?

13th January 2016, 01:12 PM |#241  
Flag Baltimore, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin

Does it say encrypt phone encrypted? It's displayed under settings / security right?

Now that my phone is decrypted it says Encrypt phone underneath Encryption and yes it's under settings > security.

The Following User Says Thank You to skulldreamz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skulldreamz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)