5th January 2016, 06:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthuluhoop123

FKupdater full version crashes when i go to settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthabhatta

Installed this kernel and bought the app as a story to the dev. But paid version of the app crashes on opening setting. This is just for information. I am pretty sure the app will be updated soon.

Read the first post again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

FKUpdater will be updated tomorrow to support this Kernel and the final r1 release will also be out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Karolis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karolis Ad-Free

5th January 2016, 07:13 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown

My wife's 5x can barely keep up with her usage, anxious to see you work some magic. Thanks much!

I hope it can help your wife's phone battery life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthuluhoop123

FKupdater full version crashes when i go to settings

Probably fixed in the next FKUpdater's release, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidsnax

Nice one - Thanks! made a few donations through your kernel app the other day to help pay for the device - I'm away from my computer for a couple of days so no flashing for now but will do asap!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thank you very much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterCode

So far it's working great I am just wondering why all 4 cores goes max frequency after the touch? I checked and only first core should go to max frequency but all are going instead to this frequency when checking with system monitor.

I don't know where you checked that, but cores on this arch are synced to each other, either they're all boosted, or they aren't. On stock Kernel the 4 little cores go to 1248MHz for 1,5s, and the big cores to 864MHz for sometime around 0,5 to 1s. Here in FK I do things a little bit differently. Each frequency step wastes X power when used. The Big cluster uses around ~4x more power than the little cluster while comparing the same freq on both. So what I did was, if the big cluster has 0 tasks running, we don't boost it, so we save a LOT of power that way (there's no point in boosting the big cluster every time you touch the display if there's nothing to boost). Because of those savings we can boost the little cluster to its max frequency and still be way below the power usage of the big cluster input_boost_freq (764MHz I think). Even more, I boost it for 750ms while stock boosts for 1500ms.

This was thought out, I didn't pull this out of my arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmax0

Oh yeah, welcome back man! I saw your android vs. iphone rant the other day, and respect you even more for that! Never be afraid to voice your own opinion, more power to you sir!

Back on topic, looking forward to try your newest kernel!

It's not over yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1o1o

Out of curiosity, do you have the exact values of what was changed? Just so I can reverse it if I prefer the warmer temperature?

255 255 255 for RGB 255 for Saturation

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthabhatta

Installed this kernel and bought the app as a story to the dev. But paid version of the app crashes on opening setting. This is just for information. I am pretty sure the app will be updated soon.

Probably a bug on the app, should be fixed on 14.0.2 going out today.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2016, 07:26 PM |#23  
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 1,073

More
Quote:

I hope it can help your wife's phone battery life!

her biggest issue is mostly performance related. In my time figuring out her beefs I"ve noticed the two big cores going offline frequently due to CPU temp. I've adjusted her thermal settings which help some but struggling to get her to enjoy the phone.

& OMG if she uses snapchat, it's all over with. CPU temp jumps like 10deg F & offlines big cores quickly. I really don't know if it's bad hardware & we need to RMA or if snapchat really just sucks that bad (both perhaps)

she makes comments all the time about "i can't believe google decided to release this phone"

offered to get her a 6p but she loves the size of the 5x lol

kept tellin her, "wait to see if Franco ends up with the 5x & can work his magic"

thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drdrewdown Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:33 PM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

her biggest issue is mostly performance related. In my time figuring out her beefs I"ve noticed the two big cores going offline frequently due to CPU temp. I've adjusted her thermal settings which help some but struggling to get her to enjoy the phone.

& OMG if she uses snapchat, it's all over with. CPU temp jumps like 10deg F & offlines big cores quickly. I really don't know if it's bad hardware & we need to RMA or if snapchat really just sucks that bad (both perhaps)

she makes comments all the time about "i can't believe google decided to release this phone"

kept tellin her, "wait to see if Franco ends up with the 5x & can work his magic"

thanks again

Well, I've done a lot to make sure cpus are not doing more work than they need to, hopefully that'll help her case. Let me know what happens afterwards, I'm very curious.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2016, 07:34 PM |#25  
Flag Land of Oz

More
Quote:

Well, I've done a lot to make sure cpus are not doing more work than they need to, hopefully that'll help her case. Let me know what happens afterwards, I'm very curious.

I'll steal her phone tonight & get it setup, will report feedback.
5th January 2016, 07:36 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:

thanks again

Are u on the latest version of snapchat? Early on, snapchat was basically unusable for me bc for whatever reason it wasn't optimized for Marshmallow but lately the recent app updates have mostly fixed snapchat for me. And yes thermal throttling seems to be an issue with this phone but I think it can be fixed or at least improved (maybe?)
5th January 2016, 07:39 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 781

More
And he did it again! I cannot express my thanks for not forgetting the N5X community like many other devs do with the N6P in the picture. I have already donated by buying your app and I will probably do again when I have the money to! I've always trusted your work and I will do it once again.

Big kudos to you.

EDIT: Just to clarify: FK is not compatible with the stable, system-installed SuperSU versions? Only the 2.60+ (system-less) versions?
The Following User Says Thank You to ViRb3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ViRb3 Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:40 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I don't know where you checked that, but cores on this arch are synced to each other, either they're all boosted, or they aren't. On stock Kernel the 4 little cores go to 1248MHz for 1,5s, and the big cores to 864MHz for sometime around 0,5 to 1s. Here in FK I do things a little bit differently. Each frequency step wastes X power when used. The Big cluster uses around ~4x more power than the little cluster while comparing the same freq on both. So what I did was, if the big cluster has 0 tasks running, we don't boost it, so we save a LOT of power that way (there's no point in boosting the big cluster every time you touch the display if there's nothing to boost). Because of those savings we can boost the little cluster to its max frequency and still be way below the power usage of the big cluster input_boost_freq (764MHz I think). Even more, I boost it for 750ms while stock boosts for 1500ms.

This was thought out, I didn't pull this out of my arse

Nice implementation. I did not know that each core is in sync so that is a little surprise to me and that's why I asked. So far your implementation is the best I have found.

Thank you for your work
The Following User Says Thank You to HipsterCode For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HipsterCode Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:43 PM |#29  
Flag Land of Oz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleggie

Are u on the latest version of snapchat? Early on, snapchat was basically unusable for me bc for whatever reason it wasn't optimized for Marshmallow but lately the recent app updates have mostly fixed snapchat for me. And yes thermal throttling seems to be an issue with this phone but I think it can be fixed or at least improved (maybe?)

yeah, always latest. I agree it was unusable at the beginning, she was on the beta program but i opted her out of that to see if any improvements from "stable" release.. i'd say it helped a bit but still does crazy things to CPU temp & ends up throttling/offlining cores. I know they update that app all the time but never really say what's changed or fixed (it's a terrible app imo)

stupid part is she never used snapchat ONCE until she got this phone & now she can't live without it.. i keep threatening to remove snapchat from her phone but in reality that shouldn't be the "fix" lol
The Following User Says Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drdrewdown Ad-Free
5th January 2016, 07:49 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:

yeah, always latest. I agree it was unusable at the beginning, she was on the beta program but i opted her out of that to see if any improvements from "stable" release.. i'd say it helped a bit but still does crazy things to CPU temp & ends up throttling/offlining cores. I know they update that app all the time but never really say what's changed or fixed (it's a terrible app imo)

stupid part is she never used snapchat ONCE until she got this phone & now she can't live without it.. i keep threatening to remove snapchat from her phone but in reality that shouldn't be the "fix" lol

Haha well there is a chance it could be hardware related, maybe u just got a bad 5x. So if you can have Google send a replacement, maybe you could get better luck. So far my 5x has performed well. Not blazing fast or anything but fast enough for me.
5th January 2016, 07:59 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Has anyone tried installing this with CM13 yet? I'm getting stuck at the boot animation. I wonder if it's because I was previously on Elemental X kernel? My process was to flash the image via fastboot, boot to recovery, install SuperSU 2.65, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)