FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][N5X] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r60 - 7th August - Oreo

23,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,590
 
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2018, 01:50 PM |#3781  
LazerL0rd's Avatar
Senior Member
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 797
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

While we're talking about missing things - for those that don't follow him on Google+ Franco got married and is currently on his honeymoon!
https://plus.google.com/+FranciscoFr...ts/QJmFJEv7Rk6
https://plus.google.com/+FranciscoFr...ts/ND5U6Pp48Vw

In a few years will we have a mini Franco joining us in development too 😂?
The Following User Says Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
 
 
7th August 2018, 07:29 PM |#3782  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,590
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r60 is out with August security patches. And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

I hope ya'll doing great 🤩
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2018, 07:31 PM |#3783  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,590
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxei

Hey everybody,
thanks first of all Franco for your excellent work.
However I am experiencing odd problems and maybe someone can help me out. I am on Lineage 15.1 (N5X of course), up to date. Installed Franco Kernel r59 (downloaded from kernels.franco-lnx.net, installed it via twrp). Rooted the device and installed the kernel manager app from Franco. I am getting these problems:

  • the kernel manager app tells me, there is a kernel update. If I let it auto update, it would download r59, install it and reboot the device. After that, it is the same again, update available. I checked the booted kernel, i get: 3.10.108 [email protected] #59.
  • I am using the performace profile, since my N5X seems to be laggy sometimes with LOS 15.1. But now, when the devices's screen was locked for some time and I unlock it, it is extremely slow, like it takes it's time from lockscreen and doze to come to live.
Overall I get the feeling that with franco kernel my N5X has worse performance than with LOS 15.1 stock. What am I doing wrong? I guess it's me since I hear only the best things about franco kernel.....

Maybe something with installation of the kernel went wrong, I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Kraxei

Well r60 is out so maybe that's the update the app wants you to install? I'll assume you're on the latest app version?
About performance, you might be hitting thermal throttle with the performance profile? That's the only reason I can think of, there's absolutely no performance degradation when flashing FK.
7th August 2018, 08:24 PM |#3784  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Well r60 is out so maybe that's the update the app wants you to install? I'll assume you're on the latest app version?
About performance, you might be hitting thermal throttle with the performance profile? That's the only reason I can think of, there's absolutely no performance degradation when flashing FK.

Hi,
thanks for your answer! And congratulations on your marriage! Have a good one
I'll check the thermal settings. Thanks again!

Bye,
Kraxei
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraxei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kraxei Ad-Free
8th August 2018, 09:59 PM |#3785  
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxei

Hey everybody,[*]the kernel manager app tells me, there is a kernel update. If I let it auto update, it would download r59, install it and reboot the device. After that, it is the same again, update available. I checked the booted kernel, i get: 3.10.108 [email protected] #59.
i

This is happening with R60 as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holmesmcgee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift holmesmcgee Ad-Free
9th August 2018, 07:43 AM |#3786  
Senior Member
Flag Hilversum
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
This is happening since r59 and now also on r60.
Manual flashed latest kernel on the N5X and the FKU app is still telling that a update is available.
No big issue, kernel is working fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmcgee

This is happening with R60 as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 777.300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 777.300 Ad-Free
9th August 2018, 08:11 AM |#3787  
osm0sis's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 28,069
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777.300

This is happening since r59 and now also on r60.
Manual flashed latest kernel on the N5X and the FKU app is still telling that a update is available.
No big issue, kernel is working fine.

SuperSU or Magisk?
9th August 2018, 08:50 AM |#3788  
Senior Member
Flag Hilversum
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

SuperSU or Magisk?

Magisk v16.7.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 777.300 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 777.300 Ad-Free
9th August 2018, 12:36 PM |#3789  
osm0sis's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 28,069
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777.300

Magisk v16.7.

Huh, SuperSU here, which I had assumed was the problem since it doesn't happen on my Magisk devices (OP5T, OP6). Maybe it's an issue with libsu or the app itself. @franciscofranco
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes