6th February 2016, 04:33 AM |#521  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos
Thanks Meter: 136,819

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickenam

@franciscofranco I had meant to ask you this previously, out of curiosity, how come to switch to Interactive from your tweaked Conservative governor? CPU architecture depedant?

Interactive gives us a little bit more flexibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th February 2016, 12:59 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Somehow flashing r5 causes issues with my data and wifi. I get the exclamation point data icon and no connection. Running stock otherwise. Am i doing something stupid here?
6th February 2016, 03:42 PM |#523  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the same problem sometimes. Restart generally fixes. WiFi seems to timeout on me.
6th February 2016, 04:34 PM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
This might be off topic but is there a way of creating a flashable .zip with RGB values?

Sent from my Nexus 5x using Tapatalk
6th February 2016, 11:51 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone has an idea about i/o schedulers?they say the best scheduler for battery life is noop but franco kernel comes with cfq. So i dont want to mess with francos own optimization intentions by changing it but if its possible to have a better battery life i would like to know.thanks.
7th February 2016, 03:06 AM |#526  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishamm

Somehow flashing r5 causes issues with my data and wifi. I get the exclamation point data icon and no connection. Running stock otherwise. Am i doing something stupid here?

Coincidence, **** happens sometimes with signals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkalper

Anyone has an idea about i/o schedulers?they say the best scheduler for battery life is noop but franco kernel comes with cfq. So i dont want to mess with francos own optimization intentions by changing it but if its possible to have a better battery life i would like to know.thanks.

I/O schedulers have nothing directly to do with battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2016, 06:15 AM |#527  

More
Hello! I remembered back in Galaxy S era, I had a kernel app that could limit the amount of charge that the battery is going to get. You can set it to charge only up to 90% or any number you want. We can probably simplify it into 2 modes, one is for normal (around 85~90%), the other is for "extended range" mode (max charge), just like the Tesla Model S. This may be beneficial for people who wants to use their phone for a long time but worry about battery degradation?
7th February 2016, 06:55 AM |#528  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Carcavelos

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcanada

Hello! I remembered back in Galaxy S era, I had a kernel app that could limit the amount of charge that the battery is going to get. You can set it to charge only up to 90% or any number you want. We can probably simplify it into 2 modes, one is for normal (around 85~90%), the other is for "extended range" mode (max charge), just like the Tesla Model S. This may be beneficial for people who wants to use their phone for a long time but worry about battery degradation?

USB-C reduces voltage and amperage when reaching 90% I believe and it'll shut down charging if it's at max battery. Don't worry about it.
7th February 2016, 03:00 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Someone said that this kernel is more "complete" over elemental. Is that true? If so, in what sense? Also, is this better than the interactive ghostpepper 1.1 values? Last question being: is there any point of flashing another kernel if in using the ghostpepper values? Do kernels do anything other than being set as the governor for the ROM?
7th February 2016, 04:49 PM |#530  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Coincidence, **** happens sometimes with signals.

I dont think thats the case here. I can flash r5, have signal/wifi issues, not move at all, go back to stock, have no problem, then reflash r5 and have the problems immediately again. This seems to be directly related to the kernel, as nothing else is being changed. thanks
7th February 2016, 05:01 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm having the same issues with data. Slow data then periods of data cycling.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)