*You can enable EIS for camcorder by add two lines in the /system/build.prop file.
Installed as Camera NX, no need to disable the stock camera.
Package name: com.google.android.GoogleCameraNX1
V5.5+, Android 7.1+, ARM 64.
V5.4 and under, Android 7.0+, ARM 64. ( currently, V5.5+ will only works on 7.1.1 DP1 , 7.1 custom rom users can find solution below. Android 7.0 users please choose the No ZSL version )
Shortcuts required Android 7.1
To 6P user: App will function the same as original G camera, add Hybrid burst, higher video bitrate.
-ZSL-enhanced: After shooting photos, review it and you will see a black screen not pictures review, need to wait for HDR+ process .
Old version (V5.5-):
- No bugs with Android 7.1 ( If you are using V4, the flash won'r fire in HDR+ Auto mode, need to set it on manually. )
- As the Camera 4.2+ using some code within Android 7.1 kernel, some bugs may appeared when running with Android 7.0, custom kernel may cause this too but I'm not sure:
1. Flash mode with HDR off seems broken. (Android 7.0)
2. Auto HDR+ with manual exposure / AF/AE lock can't take a picture, you need to set HDR+ on or off when using manual exposure and AF/AE lock. (Android 7.0)
60FPS video recording succeed with [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=377973" @defcomg[/URL] 's mod. [/SIZE][/B]
Unlock 60FPS with this mod: [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70748865&postcount=161[/url]
[email protected] 60fps sample:
[SIZE="3"]How to fix black viewer in some custom roms for Nexus 5X. ( 7.1 / CM14.1 )
1. Put this file in /System/framework/, set its permission to rw-r-r.
2. Put this file to /System/etc/permission/ set its permission to rw-r-r.
3. Reboot your phone to test.
Base on Google Camera 5.2
1. Bring back HDR+ on Nexus 5X/6P.
2. Add Lens Blur mode.
3. EIS should be back to normal on Pixel 1, as EIS will be disabled with 4K quality with official version.
4. Active Google photos combination to view results again on enhanced version.
Details and download link for V7.4
Current the new version is only for Android 8.0+, will release the updated version for Android 7.0.
1. Add the most wanted feature, Portrait mode (use Pixel 2's front lens software method, it needs a human face shows up to work.).
2. Remove silence feedback service, crash report service, and the broken Help menu, for faster app launch.
3. Remove Google photos combination, motion photo still works but you need to view it through Google photos manually.
I have named it wrong and this one should be the ZSL-enhanced version, sorry for the wrong package errors on Android 7.1.2
Details and download link for V7.3
Update 11/06/2017 V7.2.0
This is bug fix version, not only for Pixel 2016, everyone who are using enhanced version should grab this update.
1. Fix crash issue on Pixel 2016.
2. Fix provider author name mistake lead to a thumbnail generation issue.
3. Motion pictures should be saved with file name "MVIMG-####-##" right now, it became "IMG-####-##" in V7.1 version, which was wrong, this might mess the G photos when index media files.
Sorry, after some more test it seems experimental2017 is not necessary, just install the new version it will be ok.
About the Lens-blur photo editor, it will be available after the picture upload to Google cloud.
Details and download link for V7.2 (All version)
Update 10/19 V7.1.0
1. Based on the last Google Camera 5.1.014, add Pixel 2016 phones support (need test).
2. Video 60FPS mode with EIS FC bug Fixed.
3. Motion photos for Pixel 2016 phones.
4. Micro video (Motion photos) EIS use gyro sensor enabled for Pixel (it was only activated on Pixel XL), need feedback.
5. Update icon support adapted icon and regular icon.
6. Disable Motion photos and G-photo integration for Android 7.1.
Now there is a new ZSL-enhanced version for Motion photos, G-photos combine, diet smart-burst on Android 8.x.
NOZSL and ZSL version will perform the old way while added new face retouching.
Update 10/15 V7.0.0
V7.0, Both version.
1. Base on Google Camera v5.1.011 from Pixel 2.
2. All original features works.
3. Add motion photos, face retouch, google photos combine, etc.
4. Diet smart-burst.
4. No Portrait mode nor AR scene, hardware limited.
V6.0.2, Both version.
1. Enable Hybrid Burst again.
2. Base on Google Camera v4.4.020 (looks like the 4.4.020 is a bug fix version, nothing new) .
Details and download link for V6 (All version)
V6, Both version.
Base on new Google Camera v4.4.019.
New icon. (no Pixel mod needed)
Disable Hybird Burst and higher video bitRate.
Read notes before download.
Base on new Google Camera v4.3.016.
Fixed video recording bugs (60FPS, 4K FC bugs, code quality.) (60FPS video won't be real 60FPS until you get @defcomg's mod, see above.)
New icon. (Need Pixel mod to display)
Base on new Google Camera v4.3.016.
Base on new Google Camera v4.2.035, Faster burst speed.
Disable auto selection of HDR+ Auto.
- V5.3.1, only for No ZSL version.
Disable the automatic selection of HDR+ mode and video stabilization.
Add a No ZSL version for Android 7.0 users.
Try fix burst mode crash issue.
Fix video bitrate bug when using 240FPS slow-motion.
For both 5X & 6P:
Enable Hybrid Burst mode.
Increase the video / slow-motion bitrate about 50%.
Auto select HDR+ Auto in the next launch.
Free up more ram at launch.
Fix some video issue with other apps like whatapp.
- V4 Update1
For N5X: reduce some value to improve HDR+ / Burst speed and stable.
For N6P: restore original video frame rate, fix the camcorder fc issue.
New issue: smartburst will fc if you keep hold on the cam button for more than 5 seconds (not enough ram I suppose ). Turn off the auto-creation will fix it.
1. Use Pixel's profile to enable ZSL (Zero Shooting Lag HDR+ photo under HDR+ auto mode.
Actually, Shooting Lag when HDR+ off was gone since v1.
Camera 4.3 reviews: http://chromloop.com/2017/02/google-...hvx-supported/
Details and V5.5.1 All Version Download.
A nice article for explaining what difference between regular HDR+ and ZSL HDR+, thanks Bruce
1. Update to the new 4.2.024 official version.
Details and Download (V3.1) : http://chromloop.com/2016/10/mod-cam...tion-nexus-5x/
1. 240 FPS slow motion added.
2. Android wear app's target package name fixed.
3. Build with New Google Camera 4.2.023 version.
1. Bring back shortcuts and round icon, as we have Android 7.1 now.
2. HDR+ with EV adjust bugs was gone, tested with 7.1, don't know if it still present on 7.0, it should be kernel related if it only present on Android 7.0.
3. Flash mode seems fixed too, maybe kernel related too, need some 7.0 users report.
New Camera v4.2.022.135443920 update form Play Store, mod version works on 7.0, API 24.
1. Smartburst works, now we can save 8 photos one time burst.
2. Modify all Nexus 5X configuration to Nexus 6P's, a bit slower but better quality.
*Use N6P HDR+ profile, better quality.
About the virus scan problem, it is because I'm using the test key within the Apktool package to sign the file, and some other bad apks have same signatures as mine. It is false positive.
Now I have used the Zipsigner to sign the apk file again, no trojan warning now.