HDMI cable

Search This thread

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
Folks

Can you recommend a cable that charges the phone and connects to HDMI at the same time. Sort of a two in one cable. My relative plays the phone video all day long connected to the TV

Thx

gmmorrell

Feb 4, 2008
That technology is called MHL and N6 does not support it.

Keep in mind too, if you have a tablet (like I have galaxy tab pro), it supports MHL. But if you use custom ROM, you will likely lose the MHL function.

Reactions: Dopamin3

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Folks

Neither actually function, and I've seen Motorola/Google Engineers respond to a question about this on the AOSP bug-tracker saying that they disabled it on the SoC of the Nexus 6.

Can you recommend a cable that charges the phone and connects to HDMI at the same time. Sort of a two in one cable. My relative plays the phone video all day long connected to the TV

Thx

Sorry, no, they disabled it on the SoC they shipped in the Nexus 6.

rubber guard

Aug 22, 2010
Austin
Per slimport employees at CES 2015, Google removed support at the last minute before release to manufacturing. They said it was a very big surprise because support had been included during development.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That technology is called MHL and N6 does not support it.

Keep in mind too, if you have a tablet (like I have galaxy tab pro), it supports MHL. But if you use custom ROM, you will likely lose the MHL function.