[AUG02][KERNEL] SkyDragon | Shamu - Nougat/Oreo AOSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Anything based on factory image does not support theme engine. It has native layer support, however there has to be committs installed by the dev to have a fully functioning layer. Holy does not mention this so its not known if it fully supports layers until he answers.
All apks are stock, based on factory image, no additional commits towards the rom.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PhillyFlyer

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
And this is good so. I like layers much more as Theme Engine , for me one of the Best Android features ever.

But i use both , stock with layers and as secondary cm with theme engine. However, Rom is absolutely stable and for now my daily driver.

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
rom running good with cataclysm mod, if phone is warm then it won't boot up with latest kernel, prob due to it booting at highest freq 2860mhz

Cool! And good to know on freq, I may lower that a bit then. I hadn't had any issue with it at all or getting warm, and since was only ~250mhz I figured it should be good for all.
What's your pvs? Can check /proc/cpu/msm_acpu_pvs

Reactions: Mega Montana

TransportedMan

Mar 13, 2014
Hmm I underestimated this ROM after a full day of usage (got it to boot) this is literally the best combination of performance and battery life. However kernel auditor and synapse carried over my settings from previous kernels so I know I'm not running stock settings for this kernel so of anyone could, can you post screen shots of stock settings for this kernel. All I need is the CPU section, (especially CPU boost options) and voltages. Thank you.

Reactions: tkryan88

spevil07

Mar 16, 2012
OnePlus 10 Pro

studiorat

Sep 23, 2010
West Haven
www.reverbnation
Still can't get a solid boot from this on my Nex6 ....All apps FC and makes it impossible to set IP due to the FC pop ups ....Sent a LogCat yesterday, to Dev, No reply I want to give this a shot but I dont think its in my Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SkyDragon N6 Kernel♦
    ♦Best Performance & Battery Life♦

Features
    Code:
    *****Check my Github for exact commit history*****
    *GPU UC Stock @ 27MHz
    *KCAL Enhancements (Thanks to @Savoca) - Download his kcal app [URL="http://downloads.codefi.re/savoca/kcal"]here[/URL]
    *Remade from scratch
    *CPU Voltage Control(under/over volting)
    *Row/Deadline Fixes
    *Flar Wake Gestures
    *USB Fast Charge
    *Kexec Hardboot (Multirom) Support - Not tested
    *Added BFQ IO
    *Added Maple IO (Set as default)
    *Added Zen IO
    *Adjustable Vibration
    *Sound Control
    *Compiled with my own Linaro cortex-a15 optimized 4.9.4+SnapDragon LLVM/Clang Toolchain
    How-To Install
    Code:
    1. Download kernel zip
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Make a nand backup
    4. Flash kernel zip
    5. ?????
    6. Profit

Thanks and credits to:
    Code:
    Everyone I've pulled commits from on github. I always try to give proper credit and authorship.
    [B]flar2[/b]
    [B]faux123[/b]
    [B]myfluxi[/b]
    [B]savoca[/b]
    [B]osm0sis[/B] For Android Image Kitchen

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OCT03][ROM][KERNEL] SkyDragon | Shamu - Nougat | 7.1.1 | N6F27M, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    HolyAngel
    Source Code: https://github.com/holyangel/shamu

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: Stock Google Source

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-03

Created 2015-12-22
    Last Updated 2018-08-02
    Reserved

Reserved
    Reserved

DISCLAIMER

Your warranty is void and all that jazz. don't blame me for anything that happens to your device. You take full responsibility for what you do with your device and what happens to it by your actions.

--

SkyDragon Kernel Version 4.1 for Stock/Nougat

AFH Mirror

--

SkyDragon Kernel Version 1.0 for Lineage/Oreo

AFH Mirror

Flashaholics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more Update before i get my Mate 9
    Updated the Rom to version 6.1. Rom is build from the latest Factory Image N6F26Q Android 7.1.1
    I recommand a clean flash with a full wipe (had some Fc's with a dirty flash).
    After first boot and setup you can flash the Kernel of your Choise :cowboy: :good:

https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22527 <<< Rom :good:

https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22528 <<< SkyDragon Kernel by HolyAngel :good:

Screenshot Score is with SkyDragon kernel :good: :cowboy:
    I don't know if anyone is still on this device/rom or not, but I updated the kernel in the 3rd post with everything gathered over the last year. Hands down best kernel I've released for this phone so give it a try, you wont be disappointed. :good:

SDK_Shamu v4.1 Kernel