[KERNEL]-[7.x.x] Aero Kernel [v1.0]-[12/25]-[3.10.104]-[Uber/Linaro]-[AnyKernel]

How do you browse XDA?

• Browser on Computer

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Browser on mobile device

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • XDA Labs/Forums app

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Root Wizard

Mar 27, 2014
What are the best settings for this kernel? I am using the interactive Governor and it is killing my battery.

Well first off, the attachment isn't loading, please re upload it. Also, are you 100% sure it's the governor, nevertheless, the cpu alone that's causing battery drain? I use nightmare at stock values, MSM Sleeper (1 core suspend, 4 max), maple i/o sched, and westwood tcp, state notifier on, input boost disabled or 1036 mhz max, power efficient workques enabled, 1536 kb readahead, stock entropy. Please upload data from CPU states tab of betterbatterystats if possible, or just time in states from ka mod to verify it is the cpu causing drain. Thanks!

Root Wizard

Mar 27, 2014
To all who may care, I have set up a telegram channel just for the few of us who use Aero Kernel. Feel free to set up your own account and join my private channel at https://telegram.me/joinchat/EWC7ez8Mb2R927XG9b_KsA
Telegram is free to use and sign up for, and takes less than 30 seconds to get going. I will announce beta updates, status updates, and stable updates via telegram now. Have a Happy New Year all o un maravilloso ano nuevo a todo. :victory:

Last edited:

Root Wizard

Mar 27, 2014
Unfortunately, time has caught up with me, and school has too. I will not have enough time to work on the kernel. I will leave the thread closed until i can further develop it. I apologize sincerely. This doesn't mean the kernel is dead, it means I will have to pick it up later on into the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    q7xye0p.png

Aero Kernel is a kernel for the Nexus 6. I am aiming for stability, smoothness, and slimness, while retaining a few select features I can't do without. I try to keep a stock-like source, and mostly just cherry-pick in features and fixes from the great developers of XDA that I deem necessary over stock. I will be maintaining 3 branches: Stable built by Uber Toolchains, Beta Built by Uber Toolchains, and Stable built by Uber Linaro Toolchains. To find the differences, please do your own research of the two, but the only major difference is the toolchain that the kernel is compiled with, the different versions have all the same features. Some just find one or the other better so I provide you with both options. Special thanks to @The Flash for his upstream source I used and his help. Also thanks to all the other amazing devs from which I cherry-picked from. Note that this is not in any way affiliated with any kernel control app (there is an "Aero Kernel Control", I have no affiliation with it or the respective dev whatsoever.)

Disclaimer:

I am not liable nor responsible for unusable and/or broken devices due to flashing my kernel. You are fully responsible for what you install on your device, including my kernel.

Features:

• Upstream with Linux kernel 3.10.104
    • Built with AnyKernel2
    • No Force encrypt or dm-verity
    • Init.d Support
    • Built with either Uber Toolchain 6.2.1 or Uber Linaro 6.2.1 built from source
    • Ofast Optimizations
    • Minor battery and speed tweaks
    • XZ Compressed for minimal file size
    • State Notifier mode
    • Zen-Tune
    • USB-Fastcharge
    • Full F2FS Filesystem Support
    • Vibration Control
    • Power Suspend
    • BCL Tweaks
    • Adreno Idler - GPU idles at 30 mhz
    • GPU OC/UC to 700/200 mhz
    • Full CPU voltage control
    • CPU Governors: All Stock ones, Nightmare, Ironactive, and Darkness
    • CPU Hotplugs: Customizable MSM-Sleeper Hotplug, MP Decision Removed
    • I/O Schedulers: All Stock ones, Maple, Zen
    • TCP Congestion Protocols: Bic, Cubic, Highspeed, Htcp, Hybla, Illinois, Ip, Reno, Scalable, Vegas, Veno, Westwood, Yeah

Downloads:

• Uber-Stable | Linaro-Stable
      (Also found in Downloads tab of post)
    • Betas: Go to my AFH page for the betas and and find it yourself, I will announce beta updates via announcements.

Installation:
    From another kernel or stock? -

1. Download kernel zip from above
    2. Reboot to TWRP recovery (only tested with TWRP)
    3. Flash your ROM's boot.img or dirty flash rom
    4. Flash kernel zip
    5. Wipe cache and dalvik
    6. Reboot to system

From a previous Aero Kernel version? -

1. Download kernel zip from above
    2. Reboot to TWRP recovery (only tested with TWRP)
    3. Flash kernel zip
    4. Wipe cache and dalvik
    5. Reboot to system

Changelog:

Code:
    >12/25/16
    [LIST]
    [*]v1.0 Stable. Initial Release.
    [/LIST]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Aero Kernel, Kernel for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Root Wizard, The Flash, All the developers of XDA who make code that I use. Thank you and I apologize I cannot list them all
    Source Code: https://github.com/RootWizard/AeroKernel

Kernel Special Features: F2FS, Stable, Smooth, Slim

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-25
    Current Beta Version: 1.02
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-30

Created 2016-12-26
    Last Updated 2017-01-01
    To all who may care, I have set up a telegram channel just for the few of us who use Aero Kernel. Feel free to set up your own account and join my private channel at https://telegram.me/joinchat/EWC7ez8Mb2R927XG9b_KsA
    Telegram is free to use and sign up for, and takes less than 30 seconds to get going. I will announce beta updates, status updates, and stable updates via telegram now. Have a Happy New Year all o un maravilloso ano nuevo a todo. :victory:
    Anouncement: Aero Kernel telegram channel is up, join to receive the earliest update/status news possible. Dont be a stranger! https://telegram.me/joinchat/EWC7ez8Mb2R927XG9b_KsA
    Hopefully it's a good while... The Ironactive cpu governor is good... So far your kernel is the only one that has it for the Nexus 6.
    Ironactive is just interactive with the upstream CAF patches, which most kernels add anyways because they improve the governor quite a bit. No point to have two governors that do the same thing lol.
    Looking forward to trying this kernel, but need to wait for the wifi tether fix. Thanks for giving us yet another option for our mighty whale!
    I will release a beta v1.02 by tonight PST. It will contain the fix. Thanks for being patient.