FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[8.0.0_R12]-S.i.X.AOSP.ROM-R3Ds [N6-WORKING-BT][09-24-17]

1,299 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,796

By fkfmfz, Senior Member on 8th September 2017, 07:28 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
****mods please close, thanks****
The Following 130 Users Say Thank You to fkfmfz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fkfmfz Ad-Free

8th September 2017, 08:01 PM |#2  
Flag Russellville
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Running smooth! BT staying connected perfectly. Thanks for all your hard work!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJD316 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NJD316 Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 08:17 PM |#3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Frankie, can we use busybox from this thread here. I hope this works.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...archs-t3348543
The Following User Says Thank You to jayadev01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayadev01 Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 09:12 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Whenever BT is on, my phone never sleeps due to kernel wakelock. Here are screens from BBS

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to slothdabski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slothdabski Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 09:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
vey good. now improved a lot.

except this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170908-152058[1].jpg
Views:	6940
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	4266899  
8th September 2017, 09:43 PM |#6  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 198

More
You can't post battery stats with less than a day use of rom, have some respect for the Developer, the Rom is not fully stable yet and a lot of kinks need to be worked out, if you want a stable rom, go for a nougat rom, if you want to Oreo, be happy with what you are getting at this stage and stop whining
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yasharkhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yasharkhan Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 09:51 PM |#7  
Flag Kassel
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Thanks to Frankie for this excellent work!
Everything works very good - GBoard as well.
I only have one question: I want to decompile the SystemUI.apk to translate the settings (String) to german.
apktool.jar (2.2.4) doesn't work - smali folder won't extract so recompiling doesn't work as well.
Does someone know how to decompile/recompile the system apps from this ROM?
Thanks in advance!
8th September 2017, 09:55 PM |#8  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasharkhan

You can't post battery stats with less than a day use of rom, have some respect for the Developer, the Rom is not fully stable yet and a lot of kinks need to be worked out, if you want a stable rom, go for a nougat rom, if you want to Oreo, be happy with what you are getting at this stage and stop whining

I'm not posting about overall battery life. It's a kernel wakelock problem, it's not going to go away on its own. It's a bug that the dev may or may not know about. He wouldn't have made a thread if he didn't want bug reports. So quit YOUR whining

8th September 2017, 10:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I believe I found a bug. When setting up hotspot, 2.4GHz works just fine. When setting up 5GHz, I get error when turning on hotspot. See screenshot.

If I need to provide more info, please share.. I am on Verizon latest radio and bootloader, latest TWRP. Flashed ROM, BusyBox, and Magisk.

EDIT: I understand the ROM is new and appreciate the hard work if the developer. Helping out best I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170908-130325.png
Views:	4640
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	4266924  
8th September 2017, 10:17 PM |#10  
Flag Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rester555

I believe I found a bug. When setting up hotspot, 2.4GHz works just fine. When setting up 5GHz, I get error when turning on hotspot. See screenshot.

If I need to provide more info, please share.. I am on Verizon latest radio and bootloader, latest TWRP. Flashed ROM, BusyBox, and Magisk.

EDIT: I understand the ROM is new and appreciate the hard work if the developer. Helping out best I can.

Thanks for reporting the bug. Im not sure why people think that's frowned upon in a developnent thread....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slothdabski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slothdabski Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 10:22 PM |#11  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Help the dev by taking a logcat and posting it,
The Following User Says Thank You to Yasharkhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yasharkhan Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread