In typical developer preview tradition since lollipop - I will try and keep this thread up to date with the latest and greatest
- MPA44I (OTA from MPZ79M) (Flashable) (Full Package)
- MPA44G (Full Package) (Flashable) (OTA)
- MPZ79M (OTA file MPZ79M from MPZ44Q)
To sideload OTA via ADB:
On Windows: adb sideload android.zip
On Mac/Linux: ./adb sideload android.zip
- MPZ44Q (credits to Taassdar for the script)
- Bootloader & Radio (thanks to okibi)
Flash Radio & Bootloader -> Flash ROM -> Reboot -> Flash SuperSU (optional) -> Reboot
- MPZ79M (Preview 2)
- MPZ44Q (Preview 1)
- IMG files (MPZ44Q): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=32588
- IMG files (MPZ79M): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=35183
Google IMG files (manual installation):
A clean install is highly recommended when coming from 5.x.x to "M"
DOES NOT wipe your SD card.
via flashable file:
- Boot into recovery (TWRP/CWM)
- Un-mount /system in TWRP/CWM
- Wipe: system, data, dalvik and cache
- Flash bootloader (optional - only needed if new)
- Flash ROM (be patient - takes a while)
- Flash SuperSU (optional)
- Flash radio (optional - only needed if new)
- Reboot (first boot takes a while)
SYSTEM PREP (skip if you already have fastboot/adb setup):
Let's setup ADB and fastboot
- Automated: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979 (follow the steps in the software)
- Manual Method:
Download this file and extract the folder called "adb" to your C: drive. Your path should look like this:
- Go to the C:\adb\ folder - hold down SHIFT key and RIGHT-CLICK - select "Open command window here".
Navigate to & click on Start > Right-Click on Computer > click on Advance System Settings >
Click on Environment Variables (under the advanced tab) > Click on New (User Variables) >
Variables Name: ADB (Or anything you want) Variables Value: ;C:\adb (this is the Path of my adb.exe file)
Mac & Linux:
Install ADB & fastboot using: this file
1. Extract the downloaded zip to your desktop
2. Open Terminal and type in:
su cd Desktop/Android/ (note: Android is the directory extracted from zip file)
Now that you're setup, let's do the flashing:
Boot into TWRP to wipe cache, dalvik, data (not internal storage/SD) and system.
Reboot to bootloader and flash the following:
- fastboot flash bootloader <insert bootloader img name>
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot flash radio <insert radio img name>
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img // OR // fastboot flash boot <insert name of unecrypt boot.img>
- fastboot flash cache cache.img
- fastboot reboot
After you finish the above - reboot in to recovery (TWRP/CWM) and factory reset - then reboot
Disclaimer & Copyrights:
I test everything before I share - thus I know they work as intended. However, please proceed at your own risk as I do not take any liability for your devices.
Please do not copy contents of this guide without explicit permission from me. I like to maintain a set standard and quality of the information I share.
Please refrain from posting mirrors as I like to track downloads - I primarily use AndroidFileHost and they mirror files on multiple servers automatically.