1,892 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,644

By bbedward, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 03:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2015, 04:16 AM |#491  
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I've seen a HUGE improvement to the lag. The phone can actually keep up with me when I type now. I should have done this a long time ago.

7th January 2015, 04:36 AM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greydelta38

I've seen a HUGE improvement to the lag. The phone can actually keep up with me when I type now. I should have done this a long time ago.

Shouldn't really make a difference typing. Only storage activities are affected.
The Following User Says Thank You to crowbarman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crowbarman Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 04:11 PM |#493  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 238

More
I am encrypted-complete stock at the moment and I do not experience any lag. I am wondering if decrypting my phone will make a difference in day to day use? I realize the Read/Write speeds are lower with encryption enabled but to me the phone feels fast and I don't experience any lag whatsoever. For those who did it do you see a difference?
7th January 2015, 08:21 PM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 560

More
It boots faster and backups were faster unencrypted, other than that I didn't see any real difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonJoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JasonJoel Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 08:37 PM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecata

I am encrypted-complete stock at the moment and I do not experience any lag. I am wondering if decrypting my phone will make a difference in day to day use? I realize the Read/Write speeds are lower with encryption enabled but to me the phone feels fast and I don't experience any lag whatsoever. For those who did it do you see a difference?

Yeah I'm completely stock, just rooted and unencrypted. And yeah there is a minor difference in speed with the screen transitions and multi app switching. I believe benchmarks are higher. But if you like being encrypted, I'd say keep it. Its just us power users that like to squeeze every bit of power out of our devices. And I believe there is a small difference in battery life. But none to make a casual user go wow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kajet915 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kajet915 Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 08:40 PM |#496  
Flag New Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 465

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajet915

Yeah I'm completely stock, just rooted and unencrypted. And yeah there is a minor difference in speed with the screen transitions and multi app switching. I believe benchmarks are higher. But if you like being encrypted, I'd say keep it. Its just us power users that like to squeeze every bit of power out of our devices. And I believe there is a small difference in battery life. But none to make a casual user go wow.

Good explanation lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to wooddale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wooddale Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 02:16 AM |#497  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
hi i used auto root to unlock my boatload/root.

Is there an easier way to disable encryption?
I dont understand/know how to do any of the steps
8th January 2015, 03:41 AM |#498  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecata

Plain nope. Hardly can tell the difference but that's just my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dadsterflip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dadsterflip Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 04:26 AM |#499  
TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

OK. I have encryption disabled. My benchmark on androbench is not as high as others have posted. But can someone let me know if this looks like I am not encrypted? Here are some screen shots. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Seems about right..I've gotten 180/50 at times… ur browser speed is good… lowest I?got was 65

Via my NeXus™ 7FHD on XDA Premium app
8th January 2015, 10:27 AM |#500  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I tried removing decryption while on cm12, is there any way to remove it? I tried using this same method but it hasnt removed the encryption. I have an unlocked bootloader and twrp, I fastboot flash the boot img, I then went into twrp and did a factory reset, nothing, then I did wiped, dalvik and cache, data and system and still nothing. Any suggestion?
8th January 2015, 11:34 AM |#501  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid4lif3

I tried removing decryption while on cm12, is there any way to remove it? I tried using this same method but it hasnt removed the encryption. I have an unlocked bootloader and twrp, I fastboot flash the boot img, I then went into twrp and did a factory reset, nothing, then I did wiped, dalvik and cache, data and system and still nothing. Any suggestion?

CM12 should by default encrypt your phone.
There is an ption to encrypt your phone in Security settings as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)