By bbedward, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 03:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2015, 11:34 AM |#501  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid4lif3

I tried removing decryption while on cm12, is there any way to remove it? I tried using this same method but it hasnt removed the encryption. I have an unlocked bootloader and twrp, I fastboot flash the boot img, I then went into twrp and did a factory reset, nothing, then I did wiped, dalvik and cache, data and system and still nothing. Any suggestion?

CM12 should by default encrypt your phone.
There is an ption to encrypt your phone in Security settings as well.

8th January 2015, 04:33 PM |#502  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Yeah, I finally removed the encryption myself and I gotta say that I don't see much of a difference in day to day use...the phone seems to be a tad faster transferring files and booting up but that's about it...
Thanks so much for the info guys.
8th January 2015, 07:10 PM |#503  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hey I'm such an idiot I meant to write "remove encryption", but I've been reading that it's not much of a difference.
8th January 2015, 07:33 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Good evening fellas, tried searching but couldn't find an answer so dont shoot me if this is asked a lot.

I'm rooted and running "Pure Shamu b3.92" encrypted, is there anyway to decrypt without losing my data now?
Thanks.
8th January 2015, 07:36 PM |#505  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeon1337

Good evening fellas, tried searching but couldn't find an answer so dont shoot me if this is asked a lot.

I'm rooted and running "Pure Shamu b3.92" encrypted, is there anyway to decrypt without losing my data now?
Thanks.

As far as I know-no. Decrypting the device requires a factory reset in order to work.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pecata For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pecata Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 07:38 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecata

As far as I know-no. Decrypting the device requires a factory reset in order to work.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

OK, Maybe i'll wipe later on then.

Thanks anyways
9th January 2015, 02:22 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeon1337

Thanks.

Back up your data to a computer. Reset. Put data back on. Just dump the SD card to the computer. That's how I would do it. Then send it right back. Not hard. 10 minutes maybe?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
9th January 2015, 05:07 AM |#508  

More
OK. If I flash a new ROM can I just pull the boot. IMG from the rom and flash the ROM without it and remain decrypted? I'd like to flash a ROM but don't want to lose decryption. Also I'm having a problem finding how while in twrp after flashing this using flashify I had to erase user data or something like that. Thanks

9th January 2015, 05:12 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

OK. If I flash a new ROM can I just pull the boot. IMG from the rom and flash the ROM without it and remain decrypted? I'd like to flash a ROM but don't want to lose decryption. Also I'm having a problem finding how while in twrp after flashing this using flashify I had to erase user data or something like that. Thanks

If your already decrypted flash any custom rom and flash any kernel like Franco or sensei and you will remain decrypted. All the custom kernels have removed the flag that triggers encryption if your already decrypted that is. Just don't ever flash the stock boot image again. Most custom roms are using lean kernel or other custom kernels already like liquid. Just flash rom gapps custom kernel and your golden. I hope that was what you were asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to gamewarden234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gamewarden234 Ad-Free
9th January 2015, 05:26 AM |#510  

More
Yes that was what I was asking. I'm going to flash clean ROM. I was just going to pull the boot.IMG and then flash the boot. IMG from my nandroid of what I have now v which is decrypted. Seems like that would work.

9th January 2015, 05:39 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

Yes that was what I was asking. I'm going to flash clean ROM. I was just going to pull the boot.IMG and then flash the boot. IMG from my nandroid of what I have now v which is decrypted. Seems like that would work.

Just curious why you wouldn't want to flash Franco. Increased my battery life a lot. Do you just like the stock decrypted kernel or want to stay as close to stock as possible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)