Thanks Meter: 2,646

By bbedward, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 02:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2015, 04:39 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

Yes that was what I was asking. I'm going to flash clean ROM. I was just going to pull the boot.IMG and then flash the boot. IMG from my nandroid of what I have now v which is decrypted. Seems like that would work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Just curious why you wouldn't want to flash Franco. Increased my battery life a lot. Do you just like the stock decrypted kernel or want to stay as close to stock as possible.

9th January 2015, 04:43 AM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Interesting. Do I have to use an app to set the parameters of Franco kernel? I used to really like to fiddle a lot but not so much any more. I purchased his app though around a year ago. Also, do I have to format user data when flashing a custom kernel if they are running decrypted? Thanks for replying

9th January 2015, 05:03 AM |#513  

More
Quote:

Interesting. Do I have to use an app to set the parameters of Franco kernel? I used to really like to fiddle a lot but not so much any more. I purchased his app though around a year ago. Also, do I have to format user data when flashing a custom kernel if they are running decrypted? Thanks for replying

If all your doing is flashing a kernel the answer is no. Just flash the kernel but I would make back up in TWRP first. A new custom rom factory reset is the norm unless you already are running the rom, an then you can dirty flash but I would make a backup first in TWRP just in case . If your decrypted stock rooted with TWRP installed you can download his app and it will download and flash his kernel auto magically if you are on a custom recovery like TWRP. I would back up first again just to make sure. When I came from the factory rom when I got the phone I unlocked rooted decrypted and put on TWRP. Then factory reset in TWRP and flashed liquid rom gapps and lean kernel and have now switch to Franco and dirty flash ever night as liquid updates
The Following User Says Thank You to gamewarden234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gamewarden234 Ad-Free
9th January 2015, 07:08 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ok so heres my story I disabled encryption on stock fine and living with it, yesterday i flashed the CM12 daily nightly which was build LRX22G so again I tried to disable the encryption by flashing the LRX22C kernel from the thread as LRX22G wasn't there. The phone went badass after boot too much lag and still encrypted plus from the three softkeys below home and overview were gone. Then I flashed fresh Rom again from recovery. Now I am still encrypted. Which kernel should be flashed for CM12 5.0.2 builds .
9th January 2015, 01:59 PM |#515  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekchhabra

Ok so heres my story I disabled encryption on stock fine and living with it, yesterday i flashed the CM12 daily nightly which was build LRX22G so again I tried to disable the encryption by flashing the LRX22C kernel from the thread as LRX22G wasn't there. The phone went badass after boot too much lag and still encrypted plus from the three softkeys below home and overview were gone. Then I flashed fresh Rom again from recovery. Now I am still encrypted. Which kernel should be flashed for CM12 5.0.2 builds .

Elemental x or Franco or lean or sensei. I like the first two..but I'm sure you know flash rom gapps and one of those kernels after you have decrypted again. If any encrypted data is on your phone it will remain encrypted regardless of the kernel or rom.
9th January 2015, 04:41 PM |#516  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Back up your data to a computer. Reset. Put data back on. Just dump the SD card to the computer. That's how I would do it. Then send it right back. Not hard. 10 minutes maybe?

So what you are saying is that if i make a nandroid then decrypt i could use that nandroid to return to the same setup without encryption?
9th January 2015, 04:44 PM |#517  

More
Im not sure. Give it a try. Once you decrypt you can stay decrypted rather easily. I was saying to do this though so you could keep your pictures etc.... Without losing anything. Then put whatever you want back on the phone once you are decrypted.

9th January 2015, 04:55 PM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Im not sure. Give it a try. Once you decrypt you can stay decrypted rather easily. I was saying to do this though so you could keep your pictures etc.... Without losing anything. Then put whatever you want back on the phone once you are decrypted.

I don't have anything important on my phone so there is nothing to back up, i just dont wanna install all apps and set up everything all over again
But maybe i'll just have to do it.
9th January 2015, 05:02 PM |#519  

More
Just dump to PC and reinstall apps without data then you won't have to download all of them again. May be quicker that way.

9th January 2015, 06:13 PM |#520  
Flag Windsor Locks
Thanks Meter: 529

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeon1337

So what you are saying is that if i make a nandroid then decrypt i could use that nandroid to return to the same setup without encryption?

Conversely. I accidentally installed a ROM which then encrypted me. I then reinstalled my prior ROM which was decrypted but my phone still remains encrypted. ;( So if everything is backed up still worth trying. I am going to decrypt again over the weekend and experiment and see what happens since I have everything backed up to usb stick.

Sent from my XT1095 using XDA Free mobile app
9th January 2015, 08:57 PM |#521  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Fyi, you absolutely can restore a backup from when you were encrypted, after decrypting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)