1,892 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,646

By bbedward, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 02:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2015, 08:57 PM |#521  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Fyi, you absolutely can restore a backup from when you were encrypted, after decrypting.

9th January 2015, 08:59 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2

Fyi, you absolutely can restore a backup from when you were encrypted, after decrypting.

Do you mean a nandroid backup with for example TWRP or do you mean backups over adb?
9th January 2015, 09:17 PM |#523  
Flag East Bethel
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeath

Do you mean a nandroid backup with for example TWRP or do you mean backups over adb?

Nandroid with twrp
9th January 2015, 10:09 PM |#524  
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:

Sorry i replied quickly cause i was in a hurry. Yes, make a backup in twrp, copy it off to your pc, decrypt, copy your backup back to your phone, restore, enjoy unencryption exactly where you left off.
9th January 2015, 10:41 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
It seems like TWRP's backup ignores /data/media and I can't find a way to include it.
9th January 2015, 10:47 PM |#526  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 247

More
If only it could be done without root, without disqualifying my phone from OTA updates.

-----------------------<SiG>-------------------
My house phone is better than your iPhone.
9th January 2015, 10:54 PM |#527  
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:

It seems like TWRP's backup ignores /data/media and I can't find a way to include it.

Why would you want to do that? Just drag and drop whatever you want to keep to your pc, then put it back when your done.
10th January 2015, 04:22 AM |#528  
Developers Relations / Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11,227

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

/data/media is your internal storage, i.e., it is where TWRP stores the backup. What do you think would happen if TWRP would allow you to backup the location where it is storing the backup? 😉

As was mentioned, once you complete your TWRP backup, just copy the entire /data/media to your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
moonbutt74
10th January 2015, 03:40 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

/data/media is your internal storage, i.e., it is where TWRP stores the backup. What do you think would happen if TWRP would allow you to backup the location where it is storing the backup? 😉

As was mentioned, once you complete your TWRP backup, just copy the entire /data/media to your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think if twrp could back up it's backups while making it backups would cause a dimensional rift to open,
from which an abyssal devourer would emerge, playing celine dion's best songs on a kazoo.
[i am sooo bored...]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
11th January 2015, 04:33 AM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
I cannot get fastboot or adb to work with my Mac. I type in the command in the op and it says it cannot find command or something. What am I doing wrong?
11th January 2015, 04:36 AM |#531  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 746

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by konaman

I cannot get fastboot or adb to work with my Mac. I type in the command in the op and it says it cannot find command or something. What am I doing wrong?

Change the current working directory to where adb is installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)