Welcome to the goodness of Oreo. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo for Nexus 6.
Oreo builds requires testing. Before you flash, there are some special instructions on "how-to":
- Take backup of existing apps and data and then reboot to recovery.
- Clean install required for this ROM - Wipe data (without wiping userdata), Wipe System, Wipe Cache.
- Flash ROM
- Flash Magisk 14.0 (for root)
- Flash Gapps only from the link below. Gapps installation will not get over due to some Gapps issue. So, when you see "Installation Complete" message on screen, long press power button to reboot.
On first boot, skip login and go straight to home screen. Open Play Store and login.
The first hour of ROM might give you terrible experience as lot of background activity will be on. So suggestion is to update Gapps and leave aside ROM for a while to settle in. Give a reboot and profit.
Latest Beta 2: Click Here
Beta 2 Release Notes:
- Fixed compress offload audio for Shamu
- Fixed BT deep sleep issue for Shamu
- New shiny blobs from NGI55D for Shamu
- Kernel security patches till Sept 2017 for Shamu
- New LED colors for notifications for Shamu
- Fixed keyboard swype/gesture
- More longpress-key shortcuts in keyboard
- Removed crDroidOTA (it's needs more polishing and bring up)
- Thinner and better Navbar
- Faster boot than Beta 1
- Added crDroidSettings placeholder in Settings
Beta 1 quick notes:
- BT, WiFi, NFC, Audio, Video, Brightness, Rotation, GPS, Ambient Display - working.
- Enabled SysUI Tuner.
- Added Reboot to Recovery Option.
- Added 3 color themes - Pixel (default), Nexus, Red under Display.
- Compress Offload in audio is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Double tap to wake is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Sound Trigger blobs removed - not compatible with Oreo as of now. Still, "Ok Google" works - I believe.
- MotoVR Audio HAL removed - this was by Motorola - it doesn't get loaded on Oreo, not sure what they are for in first place.
- Loaded with Sigma Kernel 10.0
crDroid Android, ROM for the Nexus 6
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Last Updated 2017-09-19