Welcome to the goodness of Oreo. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo for Nexus 6.
- Clean installation recommended since this is beta.
- Flash ROM
- Flash new Gapps from below link
- Flash Magisk 14.0 for root
- Skip login and let it settle
You need to flash GApps everytime you flash the ROM.
Open Gapps Unofficial (ARM, Nano) - 13th October
- shamu: Update PowerHAL to more compatible version
- shamu: Re-enable native double tap to wake
- shamu: Add 3.18 zRAM backport + compaction tweaks for better memory management
- shamu: Kernel fixes from Google
- Added expanded desktop customizations. This is better than beta 5 but still experimental - as it blocks waking device in rare instance. So, use with discretion.
- statusbar: Added smart pull and quick pull toggles
- statusbar: Added double tap to sleep toggle
- lockscreen: Fixed max notification value persistence
- navbar: Added navbar visibility toggle
- statusbar: Added battery bar toggle and customizations
- quicksettings: Added NFC tile
- shamu: Rework BCL and thermal drivers hotplug
- shamu: New BT sleep fix. Fixed voice driver crash.
- shamu: Kernel and device optimizations
- lockscreen: Max notifications configuration
- lockscreen: Media art toggle
- statusbar: VoLTE icon toggle
- navbar: Pixel animation toggle
- quicksettings: Expanded desktop tile (This is WIP - may give issues if you use)
- Misc framework optimizations and trivial fixes
- shamu: New barebone upstreamed kernel including Oct security patches.
- shamu: Updated camera build stack
- shamu: New blobs from N6F27M factory image
- Added crDroid OTA support - You will receive notification when new build is up.
- New tiles: Caffeine, ADB, Screenshot, Ambient notifications, PIP, Sound, Volume panel, Sync, Reboot/Recovery, Compass, USB tether, IME, Language, Music
- Improved tiles: Flashlight, USB
- Navbar: Added toggle for double tap to sleep
- Lockscreen: Added toggle for double tap to sleep
- Misc bug fixes
- shamu: PowerHAL improvements
- shamu: New HAL API adaptation by for LEDs @Elektroschmock
- shamu: Added and enabled zRAM
- shamu: Bluetooth improvements for stability and performance
- shamu: Testing transport arch for graphics allocator HAL - smoother UI?
- statusbar: Bluetooth battery bar toggle
- statusbar: Network traffic in statusbar configuration
- statusbar: 4G / LTE icon in statusbar toggle
- statusbar: Roaming indicator in statusbar toggle
- lockscreen: Battery detailed info toggle
- misc: Ad Away shortcut
- misc: CPU info overlay toggle
- misc: Media scanner behavior on boot configuration
- misc: Enabled changelog frag in about
- New FAB with crDroid Settings - Allows reset settings on the go!
- SysUI Tuner: Enabled option to allow always-on Ambient display
- Misc bug fixes in framework
- Cleaner crDroid Settings UI
- Telephony service improvement - please test for call drops.
- Fixed compress offload audio for Shamu
- Fixed BT deep sleep issue for Shamu
- New shiny blobs from NGI55D for Shamu
- Kernel security patches till Sept 2017 for Shamu
- New LED colors for notifications for Shamu
- Fixed keyboard swype/gesture
- More longpress-key shortcuts in keyboard
- Removed crDroidOTA (it's needs more polishing and bring up)
- Thinner and better Navbar
- Faster boot than Beta 1
- Added crDroidSettings placeholder in Settings
- BT, WiFi, NFC, Audio, Video, Brightness, Rotation, GPS, Ambient Display - working.
- Enabled SysUI Tuner.
- Added Reboot to Recovery Option.
- Added 3 color themes - Pixel (default), Nexus, Red under Display.
- Compress Offload in audio is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Double tap to wake is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Sound Trigger blobs removed - not compatible with Oreo as of now. Still, "Ok Google" works - I believe.
- MotoVR Audio HAL removed - this was by Motorola - it doesn't get loaded on Oreo, not sure what they are for in first place.
- Loaded with Sigma Kernel 10.0
crDroid Android, ROM for the Nexus 6
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Last Updated 2018-02-05
[ROM][OREO] crDroid Android 4.0 Beta 6 [14 Oct], ROM for the Nexus 6
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
Last Updated 2018-02-05