Welcome to the goodness of Oreo. This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Oreo for Nexus 6.
First Time Installation Instructions:
- Clean installation recommended
- Flash ROM
- Flash new Gapps from below link
- Flash Magisk 16.6 for root
- Skip login and let it settle
You need to flash GApps every time you flash the ROM Clean
Installing over the previous Build
Flash the ROM
wipe cache and Dalvik
Open Gapps (ARM, Nano / Mini )
Change Log Latest
- shamu: Update PowerHAL to more compatible version
- shamu: Re-enable native double tap to wake
- shamu: Add 3.18 zRAM backport + compaction tweaks for better memory management
- shamu: Kernel fixes from Google
- Added expanded desktop customizations. This is better than beta 5 but still experimental - as it blocks waking device in rare instance. So, use with discretion.
- statusbar: Added smart pull and quick pull toggles
- statusbar: Added double tap to sleep toggle
- lockscreen: Fixed max notification value persistence
- navbar: Added navbar visibility toggle
- statusbar: Added battery bar toggle and customizations
- quicksettings: Added NFC tile
- shamu: Rework BCL and thermal drivers hotplug
- shamu: New BT sleep fix. Fixed voice driver crash.
- shamu: Kernel and device optimizations
- lockscreen: Max notifications configuration
- lockscreen: Media art toggle
- statusbar: VoLTE icon toggle
- navbar: Pixel animation toggle
- quicksettings: Expanded desktop tile (This is WIP - may give issues if you use)
- Misc framework optimizations and trivial fixes
- shamu: New barebone upstreamed kernel including Oct security patches.
- shamu: Updated camera build stack
- shamu: New blobs from N6F27M factory image
- Added crDroid OTA support - You will receive notification when new build is up.
- New tiles: Caffeine, ADB, Screenshot, Ambient notifications, PIP, Sound, Volume panel, Sync, Reboot/Recovery, Compass, USB tether, IME, Language, Music
- Improved tiles: Flashlight, USB
- Navbar: Added toggle for double tap to sleep
- Lockscreen: Added toggle for double tap to sleep
- Misc bug fixes
- shamu: PowerHAL improvements
- shamu: New HAL API adaptation by for LEDs @Elektroschmock
- shamu: Added and enabled zRAM
- shamu: Bluetooth improvements for stability and performance
- shamu: Testing transport arch for graphics allocator HAL - smoother UI?
- statusbar: Bluetooth battery bar toggle
- statusbar: Network traffic in statusbar configuration
- statusbar: 4G / LTE icon in statusbar toggle
- statusbar: Roaming indicator in statusbar toggle
- lockscreen: Battery detailed info toggle
- misc: Ad Away shortcut
- misc: CPU info overlay toggle
- misc: Media scanner behavior on boot configuration
- misc: Enabled changelog frag in about
- New FAB with crDroid Settings - Allows reset settings on the go!
- SysUI Tuner: Enabled option to allow always-on Ambient display
- Misc bug fixes in framework
- Cleaner crDroid Settings UI
- Telephony service improvement - please test for call drops.
- Fixed compress offload audio for Shamu
- Fixed BT deep sleep issue for Shamu
- New shiny blobs from NGI55D for Shamu
- Kernel security patches till Sept 2017 for Shamu
- New LED colors for notifications for Shamu
- Fixed keyboard swype/gesture
- More longpress-key shortcuts in keyboard
- Removed crDroidOTA (it's needs more polishing and bring up)
- Thinner and better Navbar
- Faster boot than Beta 1
- Added crDroidSettings placeholder in Settings
- BT, WiFi, NFC, Audio, Video, Brightness, Rotation, GPS, Ambient Display - working.
- Enabled SysUI Tuner.
- Added Reboot to Recovery Option.
- Added 3 color themes - Pixel (default), Nexus, Red under Display.
- Compress Offload in audio is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Double tap to wake is not working and thereby removed for now.
- Sound Trigger blobs removed - not compatible with Oreo as of now. Still, "Ok Google" works - I believe.
- MotoVR Audio HAL removed - this was by Motorola - it doesn't get loaded on Oreo, not sure what they are for in first place.
- Loaded with Sigma Kernel 10.0
crDroid Android, ROM for the Nexus 6
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Last Updated 2018-02-05
[ROM][OREO] crDroid Android 4.0 Beta 6 [14 Oct], ROM for the Nexus 6
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
Last Updated 2018-02-05