FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ► [9.0.0_r35] ► [shamu] ► Nitrogen OS Pie ► Substratum ► (09.Apr.2019)

7,122 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,119

By nitin.chobhe, Recognized Contributor on 11th October 2016, 04:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th September 2018, 02:07 PM |#9221  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomal77

ok, thanks, in any case I had already tried so but without any result.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Try and format twice, reboot, wipe, flash

15th September 2018, 02:09 PM |#9222  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
radio works great on Fi
just wanted to report no radio issues with this ROM as DD for almost a week on Project Fi, using FiSwitch as well (force toggles Sprint/TMobile at will; it's a must as I'm usually commuting for work)
so thanks @nitin.chobhe for your dedication to shamu
15th September 2018, 02:17 PM |#9223  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomal77

ok, thanks, in any case I had already tried so but without any result.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

There is a difference in wipe and format.

Nitin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 02:21 PM |#9224  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhalsim43

you missed an opportunity to shut up.
I'm already reading every message of this thread all day long. I know that similar questions have been asked and answered but there are many different situations so what is true in a situation may not be true in a slightly different situation.
Clean flash over an entirely formated device,
Clean flash after wiping system and data (except user data encrypted since Nougat)
Clean flash after wiping system and data (except user data encrypted since Oreo)
Dirty flash over previous Pie Nitrogen build (encrypted with Pie)
Dirty flash over Nitrogen Oreo (encrypted/not encrypted)
Dirty flash over an other Pie Rom (encrypted/not encrypted)
Etc, etc... There are many many different situations so I'm sorry for asking questions that seem redundant

You can't expect to address every variable before you begin. Typically, start with the OP then address each issue as it presents itself. In most cases the OP works, but as this ROM is working on a device many say should be retired, there are always extenuating circumstances.
Good luck,

Hail to the Dev's
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piperthedj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift piperthedj Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 03:06 PM |#9225  
Flag Al-Ándalus
Thanks Meter: 8,473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhalsim43

you missed an opportunity to shut up.
I'm already reading every message of this thread all day long. I know that similar questions have been asked and answered but there are many different situations so what is true in a situation may not be true in a slightly different situation.
Clean flash over an entirely formated device,
Clean flash after wiping system and data (except user data encrypted since Nougat)
Clean flash after wiping system and data (except user data encrypted since Oreo)
Dirty flash over previous Pie Nitrogen build (encrypted with Pie)
Dirty flash over Nitrogen Oreo (encrypted/not encrypted)
Dirty flash over an other Pie Rom (encrypted/not encrypted)
Etc, etc... There are many many different situations so I'm sorry for asking questions that seem redundant

a lot of blabla.. i'd say, at least when considering that your question was simple easy and clear and the answer is also simply and easily and clearly NO and it has been discussed on every page, mostly many times. your device has to be decrypted, period.

all you text does not have anything to do do with your question whether it works or not when encrypted, again, it doesn't and it doesn't in each single variant of your described "situations" because those have nothing to do with encrypten/decryption.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magnamentis Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 03:39 PM |#9226  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikora

Hello, after I install this ROM on my nexus 6, I'm gettting message like this that my phone is encrypted and i need to enter my password, but I dont have any kind of encription. my phone is verizon version, bootloader unlocked. any help?

Had same thing happen to me. My phone was encrypted from 8.1 ROM,. Doing a wipe did nothing, to decrypt. You have to FORMAT it.

So go to "WIPE > FORMAT" button, you will need to enter "YES" to continue. After format go back to the main screen, then "reboot > recovery" and wait for the phone to reboot back into recovery, when you enter recover you will not be asked to enter password or pattern decrypt, so now everything is wiped on the phone.

You will need to mount the data partition on TWRP, select "mount" and select the data partition checkbox., and plug it in your PC to transfer the ROM, GAPPS, and magisk If you want root.

After transfer, try flashing nitrogen, then gapps.

If you get a /cache/recovery/ directory is not found error, then mount the data partition again, download latest TWRP for Shamu variant and place the IMG file on the phone, then go to "Install > at the bottom select Image" and you will see recovery image there, when you select it, you will be presented with two partitions to install TWRP (boot, and recovery), select "recovery", after the install, go to "Reboot > Recovery" and now you will have latest TWRP recovery, decrypted phone, and flash Nitrogen as normal, this time it will install just fine.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to maksimreder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maksimreder Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 04:54 PM |#9227  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
As there are no major complaints, I've updated the OP with latest build

Nitin
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nitin.chobhe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nitin.chobhe Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 05:01 PM |#9228  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I have yet to try this because I need to decrypt and would like to back up my files on a computer first, which I havent had an opportunity for. If I format to decrypt so that I can play around with Pie, if I go back to an Oreo rom that is encrypted afterwards, am I still decrypted? Would it cause an issue running an encrypted rom on a decrypted partition?
15th September 2018, 05:02 PM |#9229  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Thanks for latest work @nitin.chobhe all works perfectly, but the latest version of substratum and themes, does not work or install layers, I do not know if it is thing of the ROM or the app

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk
15th September 2018, 05:06 PM |#9230  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.chobhe

As there are no major complaints, I've update the OP with latest build

Nitin

Overall DD status 👍
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hbenz2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hbenz2008 Ad-Free
15th September 2018, 05:19 PM |#9231  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Will try format and clean flash this weekend. Can't wait to have some pie.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)