FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Resurrection Remix 6.1.0 [8.1.0_r33 Oreo] [Patch Date: 06/05/18]

12,585 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,754

By Neo, Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - Free Your Mind on 12th February 2018, 01:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
*                               Your warranty is now void.                              *
*               I am not responsible for bricked devices or other issues.               *
*               Do some research if you have any concerns about features in             *
*                this ROM prior to flashing it! You alone are responsible.              *

A note from the Developer:

"Welcome to Resurrection Remix! If you were looking for maximum speed and the best battery efficiency available for your device, well.. You've come to the right place. If you find anything that isn't working properly, please let me know as this is "bleeding edge"

Features:

Feature list from RR:

Oreo 8.1.0_r11
Based on CM, slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds

RR Customizations:[*]Navigation Bar[*]Enable/Disable Navbar[*]Navbar Button Customization[*]Navbar Slim Dim [*]Animate Dim[*]Dim Timeout Duration[*]Dim Alpha[*]Double Tap To sleep navbar[*]Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch for landscape

Statusbar:[*]Brightness Slider[*]Enable/Disable Show Notification Count[*]SuperUser Indicator Switch[*]Double Tap To sleep Statusbar[*]Carrier Label [*]Carrier Label Switch[*]Carrier label Colour[*]Carrier Label Size[*]Clock Customizations[*]Time & date[*]Clock Colour[*]Day & date Toogle[*]Center/Right/Left Clock Choice[*]Date Format[*]Clock Font Styles[*]Battery[*]Battery Bar customization[*]Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)[*]Battery % Text[*]Network Traffic Indicator[*]Network Traffic Arrows Switch[*]Incoming/OutGoing Traffic[*]Network traffic Color[*]Statusbar RR Logo[*]RR logo Color[*]StatusBar Weather[*]Weather Color[*]Weather Position(left/right)[*]Weather Style[*]Weather Size

Animations:[*]Toast Animations[*]ListView Animations[*]System Animations

Gestures:[*]Gestures Anywhere Feature[*]3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture

App Circle Bar:[*]Choose apps in AppSidebar[*]Trigger Width[*]Trigger Hieght[*]Trigger Position[*]App Sidebar[*]Choose apps in App circle[*]Trigger Width[*]Trigger Hieght[*]Trigger Position

Pie:[*]Pie Trigger (left ,Right ,Bottom)[*]Pie Targets[*]Pie Colors[*]More Pie Features

Recents Panel:[*]Clear All button Switch[*]Clear All Tasks Switch[*]Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)[*]Recents Search Bar[*]Full Screen Recents[*]Slim Recents[*]OmniSwitch

Cclock Widget:[*]CLock And Alarm Customizations[*]Weather Panel Customizations[*]Calender Events

LockScreen:[*]Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts[*]Lockscreen General Shorcuts[*]100+ Icons for Shortcuts[*]Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen[*]Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable[*]Quick PIN/Patter Unlock[*]LockScreen Blur[*]Lockscreen Blur Intensity[*]LockScreen Wallpaper[*]Lockscreen Weather Widget[*]Lockscreen Icons Color

Quick Settings Draggable Tiles:[*]Customizable Tiles[*]Show Two Main Tiles Per Row[*]Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment[*]Notification Drawer[*]Weather Display Switch[*]LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings[*]Disable Immersive Mode Messages[*]Force Expand Notification[*]Task Manager Switch[*]Time Contextual Header(HD,Modern,Poly)[*]Quick PullDown Switch

Buttons:[*]Backlight Timer[*]Backlight Strength

Advanced Reboot Menu:[*]Power Menu Customizations[*]Power Off[*]Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)[*]ScreenShot[*]Power Menu End Calls Switch[*]Restart SystemUI[*]Airplane Mode[*]ScreenRecord[*]On the Go Mode[*]Sound Panel

Volume Buttons:[*]Wake Up Device[*]Playback Control[*]Ringtone Volume Control[*]Keyboard Cursor Control[*]Swap Buttons on Landscape mode[*]Volume Key Answer

Miscellaneous:[*]Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)[*]cLock Shortcut[*]Disable Battery Saver Warning Color[*]Disable Fc Notifications[*]Wakelock Blocker[*]Media Scanner On Boot Behaviour[*]Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable

SystemUI Tuner:[*]Enabled By default[*]Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP[*]StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations[*]Quick Settings Customizations

Other Features:[*]Perfomance Profiles[*]LCD Density[*]Expanded Desktop Mode[*]Audio FX[*]Heads Up Switch[*]Live Display[*]Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation[*]Lock Screen Autorotate Switch[*]Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow[*]Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture[*]Prevent Accidental Wakeup[*]Wake Phone on Charging Plug[*]Battery Light Customizations[*]Notification Light Customizations[*]Font Size[*]CM privacy guard[*]Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)
[*]RR OTA[*]CM Theme Chooser[*]OverAll Smoothness Improvements[*]Optimizations to Improve Battery[*]Includes All Android Marhsmallow Features[*]Includes ALL CM13 Features[*]And more

Some minor features I've added apart from RR (In the Neo Variant to come):
- I have disabled Forced Encryption so if you're running a stock kernel and you flash my rom, it won't force encryption. Additionally, you're given the option to encrypt your device and decrypt it as you please (RR may have already adopted this change)
- Injected with some speed/performance enhancements from my original "Adrenaline" series and improved battery life
- Removed unnecessary decreased sound delays due to notifications
- Enabled some disabled VoLTE settings and support
- Audio Enhancements
- Launcher Enhancements
- Lightened the rom up a bit for more wiggle room and smoothness
- All of my Neofied sound files from my previous rom series (Adrenaline, NeoMax, Injection, Infection, Tachyon, Tron, X, (?�?�)?? ??? and others)
- My custom "Adrenaline Neo" Boot animation

Installation Instructions
- I recommend users of this rom to be on the latest firmware and Hboot for the 8.1.0 Oreo Platform, even though it still works without.
- Additionally, you need to be on at least TWRP 3.2.1-0 if you intend to flash this rom.
- If you are not on the latest recovery or firmwre and have a rom complaint, I will not address it.

Flashing Procedure is as follows:

1. Compare the md5 sum of your download.
-Windows: MD5 Calculator
-LINUX: Open Terminal and type: md5sum [path to the rom zip]
-Mac: Open a terminal and type: md5 [path to the rom zip]
2. Reboot to Recovery
3. Scroll down and select "Wipe"
4. Do a "Swipe Wipe" (I prefer a Full advanced Wipe of cache, dalvik, system, and data)
5. Install Rom Zip
6. Flash Gapps
7. Wipe cache/dalvik
8. Reboot and enjoy!

DO NOT Mirror the Roms provided here, Quote my entire OP, or use this rom as a base for your own Rom (Build it Yourself!).

Thanks.

DOWNLOADS

Download Location for Nexus 6 (Shamu): https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=247845

Download Location for Nexus 6P (Angler): https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=248760

GAPPS (Unofficial for now):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...droid-t3743495

ROOT
Magisk + Magisk Manager
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

KERNEL SOURCES

Nexus 6 (Shamu): https://github.com/IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo/android_kernel_moto_shamu/tree/neo-o

Nexus 6P (Angler): https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_huawei_angler/tree/lineage-15.1
***MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON VENDOR IMAGE OPM3***

Special Thanks goes out to the following:

The Resurrection Remix team,
varund7726 For all of his hard work into the RR source,
BlackJuber For his willingness to help me in resolving the no-boot issue for angler,
The Beltz Team for some code to Shamu kernel,
and
To all my testers for your time and effort to ensure that the rom is good to go for other users!

Please direct all donations to the RR team for their work
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th February 2018, 02:28 AM |#3  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 827

More
Not first... and Gapps link loops back to this forum
The Following User Says Thank You to adm1jtg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adm1jtg Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:34 AM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg

Here's the link for Gapps

Sent from my Motorola Nexus 6 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Akhilesh S V For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akhilesh S V Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:37 AM |#5  
OP Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adm1jtg

Whoops lol

here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...droid-t3743495
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2018, 02:38 AM |#6  
OP Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - Free Your Mind
Flag The Matrix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilesh S V

Here's the link for Gapps

Sent from my Motorola Nexus 6 using XDA Labs

Thanks. That's actually the one I meant to recommend but copied my thread url instead of it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2018, 02:41 AM |#7  
Flag The Matrix

Donate to Me
More
About Nexus 6P (Angler)
I'm working on the angler build now.

There were some differences between it and Shamu that have me concerned that it still won't boot past splash, but I won't know until someone test flashes it for me in a few hours. If it doesn't boot past splash, then I'm pretty sure of what needs to be changed to make it work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2018, 02:46 AM |#8  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 827

More
surprised no initial feedback on shamu build yet
The Following User Says Thank You to adm1jtg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adm1jtg Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:50 AM |#9  
Flag Puerto Ordaz
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Testing Shamu build, all smooth as always (NFC appears grey, but meh). The only thing is about throtling, who disable it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unreal_Shogo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unreal_Shogo Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:54 AM |#10  
Flag The Matrix

Donate to Me
More
Dunno? I noticed that too with NFC going grey once enabled. Don't know what you're referring to with the throttling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2018, 03:01 AM |#11  
Flag Puerto Ordaz
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Dunno? I noticed that too with NFC going grey once enabled. Don't know what you're referring to with the throttling.

Sometimes the freq down to 1,5 Ghz by (i'll think) thermal throtle, but even at 39ºC is getting to 1,7. I'll test anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to Unreal_Shogo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unreal_Shogo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i haaaaave the powerrrrrrr, i like turtles, iliketags, neo, neo wuz here, ohai, oppa is neo style, resurrection remix, so tag wow fast much rom, sword of omens give me sight beyond sight, the one, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)