Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][HAVOC OS][Unofficial][Shamu][OREO 8.1]

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 140

By Rondeau79, Senior Member on 10th February 2019, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Havoc's OS Oreo 8.1 for Shamu
Installation instructions
1.) Boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup.
2.) Wipe everything except internal storage.
3.) Flash ROM and Gapps(optional).
4.) Boot into system and enable developer settings.
5.) Reboot into recovery and root with Magisk.
6.) Reboot into system and enable Gboard in settings.

Disclaimer: download provider not functioning 100%. Apks from Google Play store will not download. Downloads from the internet will. As thread title says WIP, experimental build!!

Device tree: https://github.com/Rondeau79/android...u-2/tree/Havoc
Kernel tree: https://github.com/Rondeau79/android...e/lineage-15.1

DOWNLOAD SOURCE
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397888615

XDA:DevDB Information
Havoc OS Unofficial, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Rondeau79
Source Code: https://github.com/Havoc-OS/android_manifest/tree/oreo

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP recovery
Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-10
Last Updated 2019-02-19
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free

10th February 2019, 10:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I am using the last 0209-test, I really like this rom,Very many features,customs。Smooth,Normal power used。
1. because system/etc lost "apns-conf.xml" file, although the mobile phone has a signal, but the data network cannot be used.
2.the RPL last version is 3.1 , I translation the RPL3.1 to chinese(Not very exact) , Hope to help。
how to translate “Rootless pixel bridge in use” ,“Aidl bridge in use” ,I don't quite understand what it means.

"apns-conf.xml" file:apns-conf.xml
RPL3.1 :RuthlessNexusLauncher3.1.apk
10th February 2019, 11:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasitCN

I am using the last 0209-test, I really like this rom,Very many features,customs。Smooth,Normal power used。
1. because system/etc lost "apns-conf.xml" file, although the mobile phone has a signal, but the data network cannot be used.
2.the RPL last version is 3.1 , I translation the RPL3.1 to chinese(Not very exact) , Hope to help。
how to translate “Rootless pixel bridge in use” ,“Aidl bridge in use” ,I don't quite understand what it means.

"apns-conf.xml" file:Attachment 4703243
RPL3.1 :Attachment 4703244

I will look into updates on this project when I have time. Some fixes will be easier than most.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 11:34 PM |#4  
Oh yes, Havoc OS.. man I really dig Havoc so I'm going to give it a go too. Thank you dev.
15th February 2019, 04:05 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasitCN

"apns-conf.xml" file:Attachment 4703243
RPL3.1 :Attachment 4703244

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman4519

Oh yes, Havoc OS.. man I really dig Havoc so I'm going to give it a go too. Thank you dev.

I will have an updated build in a few days. Been busy with work. Don't rely on Google services too much for now. Read the OP carefully please.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
15th February 2019, 04:13 PM |#6  
Greece
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Thanks for the Rom! I will try it soon
15th February 2019, 04:50 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Mobile data is currently broken, will be fixed in the next build!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
19th February 2019, 01:13 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
New build is up! Mobile data is fixed and working. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397896355
Download Aptoide from the internet and use that instead of Playstore.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
23rd February 2019, 05:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
New build !!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to speleogeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speleogeo Ad-Free
28th February 2019, 04:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i love this rom , i installed and used it for two days and i unstalled due to cant download from any website, cant use play store or cant download from playstore otherwise it is smooth rom with many features, i dont know wheather the rom developer overcome these issues in next build. i know you have clearly mentioned 100% download provider will not work.
3rd March 2019, 10:33 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishkrishna

i love this rom , i installed and used it for two days and i unstalled due to cant download from any website, cant use play store or cant download from playstore otherwise it is smooth rom with many features, i dont know wheather the rom developer overcome these issues in next build. i know you have clearly mentioned 100% download provider will not work.

I have been using this as a daily driver for about a week. The GitHub source for this ROM only has a branch for the download provider on Pie 9.0. I have used an app called Migrate that I used to restore my user apps. It is root essential. You need Chrome to be able to download apps, etc. I use Aptoide instead of Playstore. Still waiting for the source code to become stable enough to merge straight into Pie builds.
If you need further help please DM me. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rondeau79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rondeau79 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)