FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 6 Thread

2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,946

By WugFresh, Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 428 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th November 2014, 06:01 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Video Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2014, 06:05 PM |#3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Awesome. This makes it so much easier.
Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxKINGxX2580 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxKINGxX2580 Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 06:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 754

More
Does this use chainfires method?
20th November 2014, 06:11 PM |#5  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 796

More
Nothing but the best! Thx OP
20th November 2014, 06:22 PM |#6  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 630

More
20th November 2014, 06:22 PM |#7  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 65

More
AWESOME.
I used this on all my Nexus devices.
20th November 2014, 06:28 PM |#8  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 2,428

More
Any plans to include the encryption removal into this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akellar Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 06:28 PM |#9  
Flag Jax and The DMV
Thanks Meter: 822

Donate to Me
More
nice work as always
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dadoc04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dadoc04 Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 06:47 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallsmx3

Does this use chainfires method?

Yes, although NRT's procedure is different, the technical aspect of the root is identical. I compiled a build specific root_kernel with the modification necessary to enable SuperSU flashing. Chainfire is currently testing a new method that does not rely on the kernel modification (until google inevitably patches it) - if that zygote method is deemed stable, then NRT will adopt the new SuperSU zip at that time and no longer use "root kernels".

NRT's advanced utilities has a simple button dedicated to restoring the stock kernel - so that will be an easy way to get back stock kernel if and when Chainfire announces that his new method is the standard.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th November 2014, 06:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 754

More
One last question.... I downloaded this for the nexus 5. Assuming I just need to update the program?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)