2,199 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,984

By WugFresh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th November 2014, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th December 2014, 04:06 PM |#501  
Flag Long Island
Thanks Meter: 13

More
My device is unlocked but not rooted, can I still receive the 5.0.1 update from T-Mobile or do I have to be locked as well?
16th December 2014, 08:32 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Wug or anyone that can help,
I used the toolkit to update to 5.0.1 but i decided to try the phone encrypted. It was a poor choice and i want to go back unencrypted. Can i flash back to unencrypted and not wipe all my data or is that not possible?

Thanks!!
16th December 2014, 08:52 PM |#503  
Flag Poway (San Diego)
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marper123

Wug or anyone that can help,
I used the toolkit to update to 5.0.1 but i decided to try the phone encrypted. It was a poor choice and i want to go back unencrypted. Can i flash back to unencrypted and not wipe all my data or is that not possible?

Thanks!!

You have to wipe. So backup using titanium and restore it after wiping is what I do.
16th December 2014, 11:56 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Can I root, install twrp and decrypt the 5.0.1 automatically with this tools like the 5.0? Did someone try it?
17th December 2014, 04:21 AM |#505  
TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Does this tool kit work for returning a nexus5 to stock 5.01? I'm currenly on franco kernel r60 andro4.3

Via my NeXus™ 7FHD on XDA Premium app
17th December 2014, 04:55 AM |#506  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,362

Donate to Me
More
Good job @WugFresh!

I had to use to grab a non-enforcing boot image real quick (Yeah, I am lazy from time to time but that is beside the point).

I have watched your toolkit progress since the original Nexus 7 and you are doing a really good job!

Keep up the good work!

Thread rated 5 Stars!
17th December 2014, 08:11 AM |#507  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse100

Can I root, install twrp and decrypt the 5.0.1 automatically with this tools like the 5.0? Did someone try it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035

Does this tool kit work for returning a nexus5 to stock 5.01? I'm currenly on franco kernel r60 andro4.3

Via my NeXus™ 7FHD on XDA Premium app

Yes. Yes.

5.0.1 should be listed in the kit, and once its listed, you can assume it performs all the functions.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WugFresh Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 08:16 AM |#508  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker

This explanation made sense to me, but so far I haven't been able to make it work. Probably something wrong with my procedure. Here is what I am doing.
NRT 1.9.9, options, flash stock tab, check "Enable No wipe mode", Apply
Under "back to stock", select "flash stock +unroot", select Build LRX22C, under choice select automaticall download + extract factory image
Let download finish and extraction
I navigate to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data\Factory_Images\shamu-lrx22c-factory-ff173fc6" Now I am looking for boot.img so I can replace it with the no-force-encypt boot.img that I have downloaded (renaming no-force-encypt boot.img to boot.img). I only find a boot.img file in the zip image-shamu-lrx22c.zip so I unzip it, swap out the boot.img file for the no-force-encypt boot.img renaming it boot.img and then rezip it replacing the original image-shamu-lrx22c.zip
I can post the files NRT can't find when it goes to flash, but I am probably messing up my procedure above. I can certainly wait for 2.0 NRT although I figure I might learn something by understanding what I am doing wrong with 1.9.9.

Everything you did was correct and logical, you just need to also enable 'force flash', since that will extract the factory pack further (i.e, that zip you messed with). The missing img thing, (missing system.img) is just an error specific to the way google packaged these latest builds (wasn't always the case). Force flash, just corrects that issue. In v2.0.0 it will just be a matter of checking all the boxes, "force flash", "no wipe", and "no enforce encrypt", which will all be moved to the flash stock interface, rather than tucked away in the toolkit options. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following User Says Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WugFresh Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 12:15 PM |#509  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Can we also de-encrypt 5.0.1 stock rom by using this kit ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app
17th December 2014, 02:32 PM |#510  
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair shaikh

Can we also de-encrypt 5.0.1 stock rom by using this kit ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

I believe people have said yes with the new update
17th December 2014, 05:19 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Any one not running decrypted? I'm undecided on what to do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)