FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bad build quality : Nexus letters falling off

3,643 posts
Thanks Meter: 208

By gogol, Senior Member on 27th November 2014, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am wondering if this is common issue?

More importantly, anyone with white model have this problem too?

I am thinking to cancel my order and wait for later batch if that could make difference ...

Source: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RyanKon...ts/JnTrchcQqh7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gogol Ad-Free

27th November 2014, 07:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Oh wow... I was hoping this wasn't an issue anymore. Hasn't happened to my midnight blue yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheater912 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cheater912 Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 08:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 290

Donate to Me
More
if it is the same problem the M8 has it is not really fix able without a full change over. Its the glue that holds the letters on. The glue that holds the letters on the HTC One M8, HTC Logo starts to fail after the phone is heated over and over again. I am not surprised the N6 has the same problem. I think it looks better without letters really. I am sure the white has the same problem. You may be able to use super glue after it falls off and see if that is better.
27th November 2014, 09:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
no problems here. Im a daily power user too.
27th November 2014, 12:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,378

More
I got this pretty badly on my Nexus 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to italia0101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift italia0101 Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 12:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
It's kind of a non-issue in my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sithdroid2187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sithdroid2187 Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 12:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithdroid2187

It's kind of a non-issue in my opinion.

Non issue? For a 700 dollar phone, it certainly is an issue. Had this happen on my nexus 5. Hope this is a rare occurrence.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxprodigyxx11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxprodigyxx11 Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 01:05 PM |#8  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 252

More
There's another thread somewhere here on this. People that ordered from Motorola said Moto is doing advance replacement for this issue. I'd hope Google would do the same thing for gp orders.
27th November 2014, 01:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Yup, non-issue. I don't expect things like that to stay in forever. That's like saying that the coating on my drums should never wear off, but it does.
27th November 2014, 01:11 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:

Yup, non-issue. I don't expect things like that to stay in forever. That's like saying that the coating on my drums should never wear off, but it does.

I can understand if the device has been used for quite a long time.

But, just few days? Come on ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gogol Ad-Free
27th November 2014, 01:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 483

More
Quote:

It's an issue with a $700 phone, and we're not talking about 'forever'... we're talking about letters falling off with only days of use. I would be pissed if it happened to me. That would be equivalent of the paint peeling off your drum within days after purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to wvcadle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wvcadle Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)