FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: does your nexus 6 show any signs of burn in?

yes

201 Vote(s)
24.48%
no

620 Vote(s)
75.52%

burn in already

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By damnimwhite118, Junior Member on 28th November 2014, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ive had the phone for a week and today i just noticed some burn in where the nav bar is. its faint but definately noticable when on homescreen or anytime the navbar isnt black, the whole are is slightly brighter. anyone else getting this already?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damnimwhite118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damnimwhite118 Ad-Free

28th November 2014, 09:49 AM |#2  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Pictures?
28th November 2014, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
trying to capture it now, but all i have is my old htc one m7's camera and its not liking taking pictures of lit up screen. also while trying to get picture i just noticed on the lockscreen i can see the outlines of the triangle and square nav buttons.
28th November 2014, 10:48 AM |#4  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnimwhite118

trying to capture it now, but all i have is my old htc one m7's camera and its not liking taking pictures of lit up screen. also while trying to get picture i just noticed on the lockscreen i can see the outlines of the triangle and square nav buttons.

That's awful. How did you manage to burn in the screen so quickly though? (assuming you've had it for a few days/weeks)

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift msal Ad-Free
28th November 2014, 11:10 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msal

That's awful. How did you manage to burn in the screen so quickly though? (assuming you've had it for a few days/weeks)

i have no idea, its not like ive been on non stop or anything either and ive had brightness at around 50%. this is really irritating considering its only been week though. also ill have to post pics tomorrow when i can get ahold of an actual camera my htc ones is poop and jst makes a fuzzy mess when trying to capture it. just watched the video, that is exactly what i have. wish I hadn't watched it though, since now that I looked at the status bar I notice it there too.
The Following User Says Thank You to damnimwhite118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damnimwhite118 Ad-Free
28th November 2014, 11:23 AM |#6  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This is going to be a big problem for Motorola. Not seeing this yet on mine but with only a couple days left to return it I will be looking carefully. Thanks for the heads-up.
28th November 2014, 11:28 AM |#7  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 258

More
I finally had my mind made up to get this phone...I am definitely going to have to rethink that decision!
28th November 2014, 12:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I have the same thing happening to mine. Very faintly on my device. I'm floored that its happening already. My game plan is to let it get really bad over the next year and before the warranty runs out force a replacement if it gets any worse.
28th November 2014, 12:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria

I finally had my mind made up to get this phone...I am definitely going to have to rethink that decision!

same thing here. but could this problem be just merely defective unit(s) ?
I'm utterly disappointed with this news
28th November 2014, 12:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Nothing here yet. Burn in was the one thing I disliked about my Nexus One...
28th November 2014, 12:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Gonna use mine for 6 months and jump it for the G4 more than likely anyways.

This problem sucks for the people that buy it to use for a longer period.

G3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)