[FIX] fix hard brick / qhsub_bulk after bad flash / cm12 flash from 5.1

Search This thread

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Please can someone help me?

I am stuck in the bootloader, which is locked. I can't boot the phone up. I am trying to flash stock images but nothing is happening. Just booting to the bootloader every time.

I can detect my device using fastboot devices, but every time I try and write an img it fails, because the bootloader's locked! Argh!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Look at the end of post #14. :(

Edit: meant 14

serdaj

Mar 24, 2010
First, fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
Then, fastboot reboot-bootloader

Then flash the other images.

If you just bricked by downgrading bootloader, the persist and modem calibration should still be happily where it was when you started.

This won't help you if you're stuck with Allow OEM Unlock. Be careful locking on 5.1. There's accurate information elsewhere in the forum on that.

-Chris

I tried that command to no avail. Where would the gpt.bin file be located?

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
error: cannot load 'gpt.bin'

Does anything look off or wrong with the Bootloader screen? It reads as follows:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
BL: moto-apq8084-71.08(*) (sha-32b8854, 2014-12-09 14:00:26)
Baseband:
Product/Variant: shamu XT11103 64GB P3A0
Serial Number: 3c0a6014
CPU: APQ8084 ES1.1
eMMC: 64GB Sandisk RV=07 PV=01 TY=57
DRAM: 3072MB Samsung S8 SDRAM DIE=6Gb
Console [NULL]: null
Battery OK (Charging)
Device is LOCKED. Status Code 0
Transfer Mode: USB Cnnected​

serdaj

Mar 24, 2010
gpt.bin is a component inside the bootloader.img, otherwise it's split out here for convenience, android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/143010/

Thanks for the help in advance. I hope I can figure this out. Poor N6 is sitting there dead staring at me. I didn't see the .bin file at that link but I"m not entirely certain what I'm looking for?

Is no one else having this issue following this fix? I followed all the steps listed in OP but no fix. I guess I made a mistake somewhere. Any ideas or further instructions would be greatly appreciated. I have to leave for a bit. Hopefully someone can reply and provide some further insight and assistance. Tank god for this community and the senior members.

[edit] I followed all the steps above on my Windows 7 laptop before running into the <waiting for device> issue. I noticed today that although Windows is recognizing the device (as "fastboot shame S") on the device screen it still shows "Connect USB Data Cable". I plugged it into all USB ports with no change. I plugged it into my Macbook (where I normally do all my flashing) and it recognizes the device and reads "Transfer Mode USB Connected". On the Macbook is where I am getting all these errors and copying from terminal for this post as I only get <waiting for device> on Windows.

Last edited:

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
You need to have gpt.bin in the same directory as the fastboot command, I'm assuming you would download it from the first post. I'm just reading this for future reference.

Glad to know that this phone is almost becoming truly unbrickable!

serdaj

Mar 24, 2010
You need to have gpt.bin in the same directory as the fastboot command, I'm assuming you would download it from the first post. I'm just reading this for future reference.

Glad to know that this phone is almost becoming truly unbrickable!
Yeah I knew to make sure it was in the same folder as ADB and Fastboot. I just don't know where/how to locate the the file to flash it.

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
First, fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
Then, fastboot reboot-bootloader

Then flash the other images.

If you just bricked by downgrading bootloader, the persist and modem calibration should still be happily where it was when you started.

This won't help you if you're stuck with Allow OEM Unlock. Be careful locking on 5.1. There's accurate information elsewhere in the forum on that.

-Chris
Thanks added that. i added to the second post since i didn´t have to do that, maybe it happens if you have unticked allow oem unlock? idk

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks for the help in advance. I hope I can figure this out. Poor N6 is sitting there dead staring at me. I didn't see the .bin file at that link but I"m not entirely certain what I'm looking for?

Is no one else having this issue following this fix? I followed all the steps listed in OP but no fix. I guess I made a mistake somewhere. Any ideas or further instructions would be greatly appreciated. I have to leave for a bit. Hopefully someone can reply and provide some further insight and assistance. Tank god for this community and the senior members.

[edit] I followed all the steps above on my Windows 7 laptop before running into the <waiting for device> issue. I noticed today that although Windows is recognizing the device (as "fastboot shame S") on the device screen it still shows "Connect USB Data Cable". I plugged it into all USB ports with no change. I plugged it into my Macbook (where I normally do all my flashing) and it recognizes the device and reads "Transfer Mode USB Connected". On the Macbook is where I am getting all these errors and copying from terminal for this post as I only get <waiting for device> on Windows.
what mode does your pc detects your n6 as? fastboot? adb? qpst ?

serdaj

Mar 24, 2010
what mode does your pc detects your n6 as? fastboot? adb? qpst ?

PC isn't displaying the device with "fastboot devices" or "adb devices" commands. I don't know why but it the phone doesn't show that it is connected when plugged into the PC. If there is a test or command I can try to run to give anyone more information I'd be happy to do so.

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
PC isn't displaying the device with "fastboot devices" or "adb devices" commands. I don't know why but it the phone doesn't show that it is connected when plugged into the PC. If there is a test or command I can try to run to give anyone more information I'd be happy to do so.
Look in the device manager, see what device gets added when you plug your nexus 6

Reactions: serdaj

Top Liked Posts