Custom Rom and Kernel

Search This thread

aditya.singh

Mar 18, 2016
Which is the best and stable rom for Nexus 6 with volte and otg support, no bugs, good performance & battery life. Pure Nexus, Lineage, Resurrection Remix, S.i.x , Republic of Madness, Dirty Unicorn, Omni , Nitrogen :confused:

Last edited:

jbaumert

Jun 9, 2012
Eaton, CO
Which is the best and stable rom for Nexus 6 with volte and otg support, no bugs, good performance & battery life.

You'll end up with a lot of answers on this because everyone uses their phone differently. Honestly, I tend to try about any ROM for a day or two or maybe a week at most just to see "what's new". In the end, I end up back with the latest stock OS / Magisk / Xposed, and a custom kernel of some sort as I've found this the most "stable" for my use.

aditya.singh

Mar 18, 2016
You'll end up with a lot of answers on this because everyone uses their phone differently. Honestly, I tend to try about any ROM for a day or two or maybe a week at most just to see "what's new". In the end, I end up back with the latest stock OS / Magisk / Xposed, and a custom kernel of some sort as I've found this the most "stable" for my use.

Which kernel do you use?

jbaumert

Jun 9, 2012
Eaton, CO
I've tried quite a few, but EX seems to work well overall (also has a nice kernel manager). One thing to remember, if you are trying different kernels, make sure to flash the stock one in between.

jbaumert

Jun 9, 2012
Eaton, CO
Can you please recommend a volte patch for my phone , it's running on stock 7.1.1 . I can't find any.

I found this on another website, not sure if it will help you or not:

Here’s how to do enable VoLTE on your Verizon Nexus 6.

Step 1. Fire up your device’s dialer. And dial *#*#4636#*#* to access hidden menu.

Step 2. Now, select ‘Phone information’.

Step 3. Next, tap on the TURN ON VOLTE PROVISIONED FLAG button. No changes would occur though, and it’s fine.

Step 4. Now tap on the TURN OFF RADIO button.

Step 5. Wait a few seconds now and let radio get turned off. Then turn the radio on after that by tapping TURN ON RADIO button.

Step 6. You’ll be able to see that TURN ON VOLTE PROVISIONED FLAG BUTTON is now changed to TURN OFF.

Step 7. That’s it. Now go to Settings > More > Cellular networks, and keep the Enhanced 4G LTE is enabled.

Char_G

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2013
Missouri
There is no one best ROM for all users, it's a matter of personal preference. I run Validus Oreo on my shamu