Need a CHEAPER screen assembly

Search This thread

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Can anyone please point me to a source for ascreen assembly that doesn't cost $30 less than buying a used N6? $150+ is just out of the question....at that price I could just shell out another $50 and get a brand new Moto G4.

Thanks!!!

nazfalas

Mar 23, 2010
Can anyone please point me to a source for ascreen assembly that doesn't cost $30 less than buying a used N6? $150+ is just out of the question....at that price I could just shell out another $50 and get a brand new Moto G4.

Thanks!!!

You can look around on AliExpress (beware of offers that sound too good to be true), but screens for the N6 are notoriously expensive.

Reactions: hp420

nunjabusiness

Jan 20, 2011
You get what you pay for.
The few times I have saved money by dealing with "questionable" suppliers ended up costing me more.

Reactions: hp420

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
Amoled and Oled screens are not cheap... Every phone that share those types of display is not cheap to repair , more than this N6 spot a 2k display. Similar display on Samsung devices cost the same. Your only bet is to buy a used one or a refurbished unit that will cost almost the same as new. I m a computer technician and I repair smartphones, when I get amoled devices to repair, I give the customer only one chose : original or to not repair, because refurbished displays ( aliexpress or Chinese units??) Always has some problems (colour, sensitivity ecc) due to the whole process of refurbishment

Reactions: hp420 and ooofest

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
yeah, just cracked my nexus 6 today (dropped it off my ear onto driveway) while taking trash can in with 2 hands full. It had a slim case but corner drop cause shattered glass screen. Digitizer assembly costs $130. Could try removing cracked glass and buy new glass screen at $10 but process of removing glass looks very painful (also requires optical clear glue and UV light to cure the glue (or leave out in sunlight X 2 hours), especially with risks of bubbles, debris getting stuck in glue, breaking digitizer removing glass and old glue.

Ended up buying used Nexus 6 on Swappa for $130 with tiny chip at corner but does not affect viewing or touching areas. I plan on reenforcing this chip with epoxy resin so it won't spread with future drops. Also getting a full-size case with corner protection for this used phone.

kaustick

Apr 25, 2017
yeah, just cracked my nexus 6 today (dropped it off my ear onto driveway) while taking trash can in with 2 hands full. It had a slim case but corner drop cause shattered glass screen. Digitizer assembly costs $130. Could try removing cracked glass and buy new glass screen at $10 but process of removing glass looks very painful (also requires optical clear glue and UV light to cure the glue (or leave out in sunlight X 2 hours), especially with risks of bubbles, debris getting stuck in glue, breaking digitizer removing glass and old glue.

Ended up buying used Nexus 6 on Swappa for $130 with tiny chip at corner but does not affect viewing or touching areas. I plan on reenforcing this chip with epoxy resin so it won't spread with future drops. Also getting a full-size case with corner protection for this used phone.
i have applied a matte sticker which they use on vehicle wraps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amoled and Oled screens are not cheap... Every phone that share those types of display is not cheap to repair , more than this N6 spot a 2k display. Similar display on Samsung devices cost the same. Your only bet is to buy a used one or a refurbished unit that will cost almost the same as new. I m a computer technician and I repair smartphones, when I get amoled devices to repair, I give the customer only one chose : original or to not repair, because refurbished displays ( aliexpress or Chinese units??) Always has some problems (colour, sensitivity ecc) due to the whole process of refurbishment

Thanks!!!

You can look around on AliExpress (beware of offers that sound too good to be true), but screens for the N6 are notoriously expensive.
    You get what you pay for.
    The few times I have saved money by dealing with "questionable" suppliers ended up costing me more.