FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Front Facing Camera Upside Down/Inverted

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By defyiant, Junior Member on 26th November 2014, 03:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm having an issue with my Nexus 6 Front Camera inverting while in certain 3rd party Apps. Works well with the Stock Android Camera App but when I download certain 3rd party apps the picture is upside down. Even while using Google Hangouts video call and other video messaging apps the camera is inverted. It's not limited to just camera apps when I use anything with attach a photo/take a photo the camera is upside down any way of fixing this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defyiant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift defyiant Ad-Free
 
 
26th November 2014, 04:18 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Same issue here.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Premium HD app
29th November 2014, 01:14 AM |#3  
glensta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Over here
Thanks Meter: 406
 
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by defyiant

I'm having an issue with my Nexus 6 Front Camera inverting while in certain 3rd party Apps. Works well with the Stock Android Camera App but when I download certain 3rd party apps the picture is upside down. Even while using Google Hangouts video call and other video messaging apps the camera is inverted. It's not limited to just camera apps when I use anything with attach a photo/take a photo the camera is upside down any way of fixing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJags

Same issue here.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Premium HD app

Same here. I use a 3rd party app called Battlecam and it uses front and rear camera's. The rear cam is just fine but the front facing cam is upside down everytime. I have a Nexus 7 with android 5.0 and it works fine on that device. I'm thinking this is nexus 6 strictly.

Anyone else?
2nd December 2014, 02:29 AM |#4  
wvcadle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 483
 
More
Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
17th December 2014, 04:08 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've been having the same problem. It only happens for me on two apps so far, when I turn off my phone Lookout will take a pic and it's upside down and yesterday I downloaded A Better Camera, when I open it's front facing camera it's upside down as well.
17th December 2014, 08:39 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfonz

I've been having the same problem. It only happens for me on two apps so far, when I turn off my phone Lookout will take a pic and it's upside down and yesterday I downloaded A Better Camera, when I open it's front facing camera it's upside down as well.

I got my Nexus 6 a couple days ago, and have noticed that on Snapchat and Hangouts the front-facing camera shows upside down. On Snapchat, it even utilizes the accelerometer to ensure that no matter the rotation, my face is always hanging down from the sky. Very annoying.

Anyone figure this out? I plan on factory resetting my phone later today and starting from scratch to see if it's a problem incorporating settings from my old phone.
29th December 2014, 06:20 AM |#7  
defyiant's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalAM

I got my Nexus 6 a couple days ago, and have noticed that on Snapchat and Hangouts the front-facing camera shows upside down. On Snapchat, it even utilizes the accelerometer to ensure that no matter the rotation, my face is always hanging down from the sky. Very annoying.

Anyone figure this out? I plan on factory resetting my phone later today and starting from scratch to see if it's a problem incorporating settings from my old phone.

Hey please let us know if performing a factory reset did anything to fix the problem because like you I'm annoyed with having my front camera face upside down. All apps should work properly front camera or not this is disappointing because this is a new device and this should not be happening.
29th December 2014, 01:48 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defyiant

Hey please let us know if performing a factory reset did anything to fix the problem because like you I'm annoyed with having my front camera face upside down. All apps should work properly front camera or not this is disappointing because this is a new device and this should not be happening.

These type of issues usually occur with new devices running the new OS - aka 'initial bugs'
El Goog will get these sorted out (make sure you put in a bug report)
29th December 2014, 04:56 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defyiant

Hey please let us know if performing a factory reset did anything to fix the problem because like you I'm annoyed with having my front camera face upside down. All apps should work properly front camera or not this is disappointing because this is a new device and this should not be happening.

Factory reset fixed the issues I mentioned in my post. I suspect they were caused by importing data/settings from my previous device, which had a different version of the OS.
11th January 2015, 10:41 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I'm having this issue, and I didn't import any settings from a previous phone. Is this a software or hardware problem?
12th January 2015, 11:42 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14

These type of issues usually occur with new devices running the new OS - aka 'initial bugs'
El Goog will get these sorted out (make sure you put in a bug report)

I am also facing this issue. Can someone tell me how I can send a bug report to google??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes