[Q] Nexus 6 Miracast?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By utahcybercowboy, Junior Member on 25th November 2014, 05:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2014, 01:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Edited. Initially this didn't look like it worked however that's not entirely true. I am now able to connect to my push2tv adapter however I'm have stability issues. In did notice there was a WiFi network going in and out which has caused me problems in the past (this setup is in my car). I'll try again out in the open and report back.

1st December 2014, 06:17 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1,378

More
This is a real pain in the ass, so if I want to mirror my screen at my gfs house, what are my options?

Connect the chromecast to her wifi? There's no other direct connection way?
1st December 2014, 09:12 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
After modifying the build.prop I was able to get miracast working without WiFi on my Nexus 6 (thanks s107ken)! It mirrors my screen perfectly and plays web videos and youtube. However, it will NOT play Netflix or Hulu videos. The sound works and the controls show up, but no video. Just a black screen. I thought this may be because of a HDCP or DRM issue.

Any thoughts or workarounds? Maybe the EZCast app? Please help!

Thanks
1st December 2014, 11:10 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4a

After modifying the build.prop I was able to get miracast working without WiFi on my Nexus 6 (thanks s107ken)! It mirrors my screen perfectly and plays web videos and youtube. However, it will NOT play Netflix or Hulu videos. The sound works and the controls show up, but no video. Just a black screen. I thought this may be because of a HDCP or DRM issue.

Any thoughts or workarounds? Maybe the EZCast app? Please help!

Thanks

What's your receiver?
1st December 2014, 11:20 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

What's your receiver?

For miracasting, I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. My TV is a Samsung (non-smart TV).
The Following User Says Thank You to ryan4a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryan4a Ad-Free
1st December 2014, 11:22 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

For miracasting, I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. My TV is a Samsung (non-smart TV).

Thanks, it does sound like a DRM issue on Netflix and Hulu.

Is the video decent quality? Smooth playback?

I'm planning to use it for plex if so
1st December 2014, 11:26 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

Thanks, it does sound like a DRM issue on Netflix and Hulu.

Is the video decent quality? Smooth playback?

I'm planning to use it for plex if so

Yes, it is smooth on what I'm able to play. I just desperately want to be able to mirror Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. Any suggestions for a fix? Please help!
2nd December 2014, 02:04 AM |#18  

More
Interesting. I'll update my ptv3000 firmware and if that doesn't work I'll try the ms version.
2nd December 2014, 07:59 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

Yes, it is smooth on what I'm able to play. I just desperately want to be able to mirror Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. Any suggestions for a fix? Please help!

Do you have any other sources you could try? Like media from the phone or plex... Just trying to see if it's a DRM thing or something else.
2nd December 2014, 09:26 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowolff

Interesting. I'll update my ptv3000 firmware and if that doesn't work I'll try the ms version.

Have you tried the build.prop fix?
2nd December 2014, 10:58 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

Have you tried the build.prop fix?

Yes I modified build.prop to enable miracast. Just the one line added, they're isn't something else I missed is there? I can connect it's just not stable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)