[ROM][(Un)OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Search This thread

PartyPlease

Oct 24, 2016
I'm waiting for ElementalX also, I used it on 14.1 and it completely removes all the stutters and speeds it up. Also no 2 core offline at 50%
As the maintainer explained to me, elemental X is just a fork of the lineage os kernel. You can pretty much get everything elemental x has to offer from stock kernel. You can even use the elemental X app to control the kernel if you like it.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

can anyone confirm that Qualcomm QuickCharge is working or not? I am using the Motorola charger, but the charging speed is slow, the phone is not even hotter during charging
Can confirm quick charge is working on my end. Charging at 2100mA while the screen is on.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

I downloaded the 15.1 nightly, wiped device and installed the latest gapps as well. I keep getting a "validation error, you might be victim of software counterfeiting". I did not have this with beta4. Any idea what this is?

** i see in another 15.1 thread for another phone that maybe it's a april fools joke. I reverted back to beta 4 until next build I suppose.

Can be disabled by typing this into terminal:

Code:
su setprop persist.lineage.nofool true && stop && start

Root terminal is required tho. Bad april fools prank IMO.

If you have no su adb root works as well.

Reactions: 8zabi

Woodensponge

Sep 16, 2017
When I try to update from the lastest lineage os 14.1 build, it always comes up with an error saying that the package is meant for device "shamu" and I have a device called "."

This results in the update aborting and I cannot find a way to fix it

Fred Simm

Feb 18, 2016
OK, don't know what went wrong. My twrp is requiring a password that I never set. I searched and tried default_password. No go. Tried all old and new passwords. No go. Please tell me there's an easy fix.

barbara-luise

Mar 29, 2018
OK, don't know what went wrong. My twrp is requiring a password that I never set. I searched and tried default_password. No go. Tried all old and new passwords. No go. Please tell me there's an easy fix.

Got the same problem since I installed latest twrp & los 15.1 official. no matter what I do - set a new password / pin / pattern match / disable password at all - twrp keeps asking for a password. Already did a factory reset & wiped data partition in twrp, but no effect.

Still hoping that I will be able to flash the new los build next Monday. :rolleyes:

Any help on this is appreciated.

Last edited:

Fred Simm

Feb 18, 2016
Got the same problem since I installed latest twrp & los 15.1 official. no matter what you do - set a new password / pin / pattern match / disable password at all - twrp keeps asking for a password. Already did A factory reset & wiped data partition in twrp, but no effect.

I may reflash twrp. Maybe it will reset. Come on phone geeks, help us out.

Imranhakro

Mar 20, 2013
Karachi, Pakistan
I just ordered new battery for my nexus 6 to keep it alive for 1 more year (at least), and the same day you guys gave me this good news of arrival of 15.1

Awesome...

Thank you So much Lineage Team.

mugendon

Feb 21, 2011
When I try to update from the lastest lineage os 14.1 build, it always comes up with an error saying that the package is meant for device "shamu" and I have a device called "."

This is usually solved by reading the OP...

DON'T USE TWRP 3.0.2-0 OR OLDER WITH LINEAGEOS. IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY. USE VERSION 3.2.1.0 HERE
@barbara-luise
You have to use the "Format Data" function of TWRP in order to unencrypt. The wipe functions don't help here.

Last edited:
Reactions: razorloves

_Axios_

Apr 2, 2018
Hi guys. My wife recorded a sample video. On the Lineage OS firmware, the sound is written much quieter than on the stock firmware. :( :( :( Is this a bug? Will it be corrected?
Samples (Google Drive):
LineageOS.mp4
Stock.mp4

mugendon

Feb 21, 2011
Hi guys. My wife recorded a sample video. On the Lineage OS firmware, the sound is written much quieter than on the stock firmware. :(

Just tried it (made a video at the same time with my stock n6 and my 15.1 n6): Can confirm, the volume of the 15.1 video ist way quieter than the stock one (Google Camera).

I wonder if that is related to my issue with the speaker volume being much lower than stock ?

Still can't confirm that

Last edited:

rodritoledo94

Aug 26, 2016
This is just a very minor thing but, why can't you move the clock to the center of the status bar? I mean, you could on 14.1 ........

Maybe I just can't seem to find the option.

johnyg07

Aug 5, 2013
Got the same problem since I installed latest twrp & los 15.1 official. no matter what I do - set a new password / pin / pattern match / disable password at all - twrp keeps asking for a password. Already did a factory reset & wiped data partition in twrp, but no effect.

Still hoping that I will be able to flash the new los build next Monday. :rolleyes:

I had the same issue. My guess is LOS encrypts the data partition with its own random key and encrypts the key with some unknown password or pin.

The steps I took were: backup data because data and internal storage needs to be wiped.
Format data from twrp. Wipe system, data, cache and delvik.
Reboot to recovery again. Did not work for me without reboot.
Transfer rom and gaaps to phone and flash. LOS did not encryt the data in this way for me.
I used the USB drive to flash from twrp.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: barbara-luise

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Wiki.

Important Info
    DON'T USE TWRP 3.0.2-0 OR OLDER WITH LINEAGEOS. IT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY. USE VERSION 3.2.1.0 HERE

Current lineage 15.1 shamu nightlies are based on the N6F27M October 2017 update from google.
    So you should be using the radio and bootloader img from that update.
    If you already have those you don't need to flash them again.
    They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here.
    Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.45+fsg-9625-02.117.img
    bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-72.04.img

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR VERIZON USERS: Google released a separate October 2017 security update (NGI77B) just for verizon users that has a different radio. So you'll want to flash it. I repeat, THIS RADIO IS JUST FOR VERIZON USERS.

radio-shamu-d4.01-9625-05.51+fsg-9625-02.118.img

You can use fastboot to flash the bootloader and radio.

More information and installation instructions can be found on the LineageOS wiki here.

Download Links
    LineageOS OFFICIAL: https://download.lineageos.org/shamu
    As you will see it is no longer available and there will be no new OFFICIAL builds as shamu has been promoted to LineageOS 18.1.
    Seems an archive of the official 15.1 builds is here. To check official signature you can follow this guide

LineageOS UNOFFICIAL: lineage-15.1-20220301-UNOFFICIAL-shamu.zip
    Includes the now (no longer official from now on as per comments here) non official February 2022 security bulletins.
    Here is its md5sum.

Google apps: MindTheGapps or OpenGAPPS <= nano

HEADS UP:
    • When you initially install LineageOS, be sure you flash the gapps package with your ROM. If you boot your ROM, then go back and try to flash gapps after, you're gonna have a bad time.
    • If you are migrating from an OFFICIAL build to the UNOFFICIAL build you have 2 options:
      1. Wipe data and do a clean install of UNOFFICIAL build
      2. Dirty flash thanks to an intermediate MIGRATION build
        First flash the MIGRATION build (lineage-15.1-20200501-MIGRATION-shamu.zip md5sum), boot to it and then flash the UNOFFICIAL build and boot to it.

SU addon zip: Addon Install zip / Addon Removal zip
    NOTE: LineageOS does not come with root, so this is now provided for those that want it.
    The install zip is a one time flash, like gapps.
    Meaning, it persists when updating to a new LineageOS nightly.

Changelog

Builddate: 2018.07.17
    Changes:
    [new] Full featured, binderized power HAL with support for following power profiles:
    - Power save => Maximum of 2 cores online, max. freq limited to 1,036 GHz
    - Bias power => Up to 4 cores online, max. freq limited to 1,036 GHz
    - Balanced => Up to 4 cores online, no freq limits
    - Bias performance => Up to 4 cores online, min freq limited to 1,19 GHz
    - Performance => 4 cores online always at 2,6 GHz
    [new] Core hotplugging through new mpdecision

Known Issues:
    [bug] Trusted voice is not working and probably never will
    [bug] TWRP is not able do decrypt your data if you encrypted it with lineage-15.1
    [bug] Not every app is compatible with the expanded desctop feature. If you have ranndom problems to turn on your device
    disable expanded desktop for the app

Older Changelogs:

Builddate: 2018.06.19
    Changes:
    [new] Full RGB brightness support

Builddate: 2018.06.12
    Changes:
    [new] LineageOS's Trust
    [new] Spectre V1 patches
    [new] june security fixes
    [fix unconfirmed] Camera app 'missing' on some devices

Builddate: 2018.05.28
    Changes:
    [new] Option to check proximity sensor before device is woken up with dt2w
    [new] Stereo recording in all available formats
    [fix] DRM is now L1
    [fix] SU hiding is now working properly

Builddate: 2018.05.21
    Changes:
    [new] New BT power management driver with less wakelocks

Builddate: 2018.04.30
    Changes:
    [new] Stereo recording
    [new] Ability to edit apn regardless of carrier

Builddate: 2018.04.23
    Changes:
    [fixed] DRM now working on L3

Builddate: 2018.04.16
    Changes:
    [fixed] Netflix not working: DRM issue
    [fixed] Camcorder audio too low
    [new] Get rid of forceencryption
    [new] BCL not turning of core 2 and 3 at ~40 % battery anymore
    We're limiting the max frequency instead

Builddate: 2018.04.12
    Changes:
    [fixed] Double touch to wake
    [fixed] Power HAL loading
    [fixed] Vendor image mismatch notification popping up every boot
    [new] Optimized boot latemounting of data and cache

Known Issues:
    [bug] Netflix not working: DRM issue
    [bug] Camcorder audio too low

Builddate: 2018.04.02
    Known Issues:
    [bug] Vendor image mismatch notification popping up every boot. Just ignore it
    [bug] touch to wake is not working

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Elektroschmock, Elektroschmock, dwardo
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2018-04-04
    Last Updated 2020-11-14
    Just a small heads up for those of you who wait for LineageOS 16.0.
    It seems like I have fixed the encryption issue. :D
    So there's one blocker less on our road to 16.0.
    Just a quick heads up:

I'll be away the next 3 weeks and will only have limited internet access.
    So no need to worry that I have abandoned our beloved shamu.
    Shamu for Elektroschmok getting ready for shipping :)

Sent from my taimen using XDA Labs

PS
    Shipped, should reach Elektro by Saturday or Monday.
    Anyway, just a quick one, is there any chance that the prevent accidental wake up feature could be added to this rom? I know the LG G3 lineage 15.1 rom supports it, so assume it's already built in lineage os. It uses the proximity sensor to prevent the phone from waking if it is covered.

I find with double tap to wake and also lift to check phone features on, the phone likes to open in my pocket and start calling people at random .

The sensor can be enabled with the screen off. Whenever I want to pick up my phone without having "lift to wake" kick in I'll do so with my thumb covering the sensor... Works every time. :) However, DTTW is a different story, proximity will prevent it occasionally, but often won't (it actually doesn't work more than it does). This is not a LOS thing or even an Oreo thing, it has always been like this.

Bottom line, the proximity sensor does work with the screen off, but not reliably enough to prevent bum dialing when DTTW is set.

Good news! I managed to fix our proximity check on wake.
    The main problem was that our touchscreen driver was sending a KEY_POWER instead of KEY_WAKEUP event. That is the equivalent of a power key press.
    Of course the proximity sensor shouldn't block a power key press. :D

I fixed it with this commit:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_moto_shamu/+/216440/

and enabled the feature with this commit:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/android_device_moto_shamu/+/216439/

I need some testing, but I hope I can get it in for today's build.