Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Note:
We discovered that due to some race condition the camera on shamu can be picky at first. We are actively working on improving it but if you find yourself without a camera app on first boot, it's possible you need to clean cache and possibly data and try again.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
Last Updated 2020-04-28

zapjb

Jun 19, 2011
Moving from cr-7.0 to this cr-8.0 topic.

I'm looking for reassurances or corrections or suggestions on cr-8.0. TY. I did search.

Going to cr-8.0
Make a Nandroid.
Just like others when coming from other ROMs (here AOSiP 8.1) do a FULL Wipe.
Use the latest TWRP, latest nano open gapps & latest Magisk if root desired. After flashing the ROM should I flash open gapps immediately or can I reboot then flash gapps. Some other ROMs say no reboot between.
I have a Titanium Backup Pro license but run into comments this isn't working so well. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate Myself5 & others who develope, test & make available this ROM. Also my fellow members thank you. I feel blessed to belong to XDA.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
I was stuck in Google setup. Gapps nano.

Same over here. Simply can't get past the setup as new and/or restore from cloud.

Same story. Doesn't matter nano/pico, with/without magisk. It says that, it can't reach google servers or play store crashing. Clean flash.

I fixed that yesterday and a hotfix build has since been released. Sorry for the inconveniences, I forgot to test GApps before the final release.

I'm having a few issues like reboots all the time YouTube not working (video not loading in browser, YouTube app not working at all) I clean flashed it twice to make sure it wasn't my install or a bad download but I still have the same issues.

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
I'm having a few issues like reboots all the time YouTube not working (video not loading in browser, YouTube app not working at all) I clean flashed it twice to make sure it wasn't my install or a bad download but I still have the same issues.
If you don't provide a log of the issue, you'll have to mail your phone to the dev if you want any help with the issue.
Joking aside, no one else is reporting this, so it may be gaaps. A log would help someone tell you.

Cypresshill555

Apr 2, 2011
Nadym
xdaforums.com

Maybe you changed the screen resolution. There is not enough video driver.I changed through the terminal to 1080 and the green screen for video and YouTube.

M.Sami

Jun 5, 2006
Melbourne

Having the same issue and its definitely gapps, tried pico and nano same thing. Only becomes usable after wiping the system and caches and reinstalling without the gapps.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v

Having the same issue and its definitely gapps, tried pico and nano same thing. Only becomes usable after wiping the system and caches and reinstalling without the gapps.

Logs, if possible, would be awesome. Theres also going to be a potential fix for this in tomorrows build already but I'll keep an eye out. Is there any specifics I should watch out for or is just trying to start YouTube enough to reproduce the issues?

DXist

Dec 23, 2018
I see instability with Google Camera app from latest opengapps. I can shoot at most a single picture or wait a bit and then the system reloads. Open camera works fine.

Also I tried to encrypt the data. It takes time to load the phone after entering the PIN. UI restarts several times before the system is accessible.

Does Carbon ROM support file based encryption?

nhatminh87

Dec 31, 2007
Work like a charm, most smooth android 10 rom althought in battery saver mode, fuction font change and smart pixel is useful, thank a lot

DXist

Dec 23, 2018
Tried to listen to podcast in Castbox - the system reloads after ~1 minute of playback with the screen turned off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is PAX?
    Our release of Android 10, titled CR-8.0, is codenamed PAX after the latin word for peace and Pax, the roman godess for peace.
    PAX provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. PAX delivers a set of unique features, like a systemwide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Note:
    We discovered that due to some race condition the camera on shamu can be picky at first. We are actively working on improving it but if you find yourself without a camera app on first boot, it's possible you need to clean cache and possibly data and try again.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-04-28
    I was stuck in Google setup. Gapps nano.

Same over here. Simply can't get past the setup as new and/or restore from cloud.

Same story. Doesn't matter nano/pico, with/without magisk. It says that, it can't reach google servers or play store crashing. Clean flash.

I fixed that yesterday and a hotfix build has since been released. Sorry for the inconveniences, I forgot to test GApps before the final release.
    I just updated from carbon 7 to 8 and now there is no Black theme option for dark. That's the primary reason I liked using this rom. Hate to say it but without the Black theme + maroon accents I'm disinclined to keep this app.

I didn't do a clean install just upgraded but I wouldn't think that would make it disappear.

Edit: I just noticed accents are gone too. I think. That's a real shame, I didn't realize this before upgrading or I never would have.

The options moved to Settings -> Display -> Styles and Wallpapers, still all existent and even more available now. The reason why it didn't persist and why things changed is because Android 10 introduced its own theming setup so we moved over to that and that did not allow for a transition while keeping the current theme setup.

Logs, if possible, would be awesome. Theres also going to be a potential fix for this in tomorrows build already but I'll keep an eye out. Is there any specifics I should watch out for or is just trying to start YouTube enough to reproduce the issues?