Thanks Meter: 129,298

Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2017, 10:25 PM |#10001  
Flag Mineral Wells
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenbergfromIN

Flash it with the 8/27 build from Sourceforge. I couldn't get r71 to work with crDroid 3.7. Works well with RR's 8/27 build.

Here's the link- https://sourceforge.net/projects/res...x/files/shamu/

I prob could do that might be better to wait for neo to put out a newer build I guess. I've found after some time rr official builds are less responsive than that of neos unofficial ones
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra11Murderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cobra11Murderer Ad-Free

14th September 2017, 03:18 AM |#10002  
Thanks Meter: 263

Donate to Me
More
September system images posted. Will this kernel be getting an update or does the r71 release already contain those patches?
14th September 2017, 05:24 AM |#10003  
Flag RANCHO CUCAMONGA
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkay

September system images posted. Will this kernel be getting an update or does the r71 release already contain those patches?

Keep the device in mind, whenever Google cuts off security patches or source blobs it's hard for devs to continue development..just a reminder the n6 doesn't have much further to go...
14th September 2017, 12:46 PM |#10004  
Thanks Meter: 263

Donate to Me
More
Lol I know.. I've written kernels before. I was just curious if r71 already carried the patches we'd see in the stock September kernel. I already installed the September system update with the r71 kernel and all is well.

And I know we're at the end of the line for security patches (next month is it I believe). I'm getting a Pixel 2 so no worries.
14th September 2017, 07:26 PM |#10005  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelios

Using this kernel with Servicely on Lineage OS 14.1

Apps that have been market to sleep when screen is off in Servicely sometimes randomly get killed while I'm using them, happens a lot to the keyboard for example, but saw it frequently also kill Firefox or the Google camera.

Any tips?

Are you using the soft or hard killer?
14th September 2017, 07:27 PM |#10006  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Pushed r72 with September security patches.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2017, 07:49 PM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 697

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Pushed r72 with September security patches.

Awesome - Thanks, Franco!
14th September 2017, 08:45 PM |#10008  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Are you using the soft or hard killer?

Soft
Ended up disabling it for the above mentioned apps as it was quite difficult to use them.
Also, selecting the launcher to sleep while screen off was a bad idea, would have to wait 15-20sec for it to wake up once I turn screen on. (Nova Launcher)
14th September 2017, 11:50 PM |#10009  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi guys, do any of you have the issue of the screen randomly going to max brightness, while in the dark, for ~30 sec and then lowering again? Or how to track what's causing it?
Wiped system, cache, dalvik. Reinstalled latest Nitrogen OS with r72
15th September 2017, 12:14 AM |#10010  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
is blueborne vulnerability fixed by boot image alone, or do i need the rom to have sept too?
15th September 2017, 12:41 AM |#10011  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelios

Soft
Ended up disabling it for the above mentioned apps as it was quite difficult to use them.
Also, selecting the launcher to sleep while screen off was a bad idea, would have to wait 15-20sec for it to wake up once I turn screen on. (Nova Launcher)

Yeah I don't really know what's up with it, I could never reproduce the issue with any device. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipstik

is blueborne vulnerability fixed by boot image alone, or do i need the rom to have sept too?

You need the ota release, the fix isn't in the Kernel.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)