Thanks Meter: 129,626

Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2018, 07:16 PM |#10221  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 619

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletaggi

So I installed the FKU (paid version), clicked on flash, it pops up the notification that its updating the kernel an "magical enhancements incoming" ...

The notification however doesnt go away (not even overnight). Rebooting a few times etc doesnt help. It only gets rid of the Updating Kernel message. "Manual" flashing through FKU has the exact same effect. SU seems to also need flashing the Kernel. What am I missing? Flash a different Kernel beforehand somehow??

EDIT: Nexus 6, latest Patches, never tempered with it in any way.

EDIT2: I managed to get into recovery mode and when I try to "apply update from SD card" it just says its unable to mount sdcard... Guess its not gonna happen ^^

What TWRP version, and what root?
Also what ROM and it's version.

5th May 2018, 07:30 PM |#10222  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by githyanki

What TWRP version, and what root?
Also what ROM and it's version.

I have everything on stock.. Guess there are some prerequisites missing in the installation instructions ^^
Off to Google I go. Dont even know what TWRP is

Thanks for the pointer
6th May 2018, 12:25 PM |#10223  

More
Quote:

I have everything on stock.. Guess there are some prerequisites missing in the installation instructions ^^
Off to Google I go. Dont even know what TWRP is

Thanks for the pointer

Guess I'll give up for now. Errors everywhere. In 6 hours I havent encountered any tutorial that was working exactly as described. Apparently with 7.1.1 a bit has changed and I cant get fastboot to flash anything - I can neither get TWRP running nor install the Kernel that way. Some suggest it can be a cable, USB port or Win 10 issue - the first 2 I tried switching but I can't do much about my OS right now

I'm gonna first post in other threads before I might come back. Sry but for now I'll have to get rid of the app...
6th May 2018, 01:03 PM |#10224  
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
Quote:

Guess I'll give up for now. Errors everywhere. In 6 hours I havent encountered any tutorial that was working exactly as described. Apparently with 7.1.1 a bit has changed and I cant get fastboot to flash anything - I can neither get TWRP running nor install the Kernel that way. Some suggest it can be a cable, USB port or Win 10 issue - the first 2 I tried switching but I can't do much about my OS right now

I'm gonna first post in other threads before I might come back. Sry but for now I'll have to get rid of the app...

Try minimal fastboot/adb. The N6 is no long supported and I suspect the new versions will no longer work with this device.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
6th May 2018, 06:47 PM |#10225  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Try minimal fastboot/adb. The N6 is no long supported and I suspect the new versions will no longer work with this device.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

Thanks I gave it one more try and it actually worked. For anyone else trying this on a Nexus 6:

I downloaded the 1.0 version from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2317790
(didnt need extra drivers)
Set usb debugging mode on the phone

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock (this will ask you to wipe your phone, so restart the phone afterwards, let it reinstall everything and set debugging mode again)
download zip on the phone

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

and then go into recovery mode(no restart after flashing) and flash the previously downloaded zip
19th May 2018, 02:04 PM |#10226  
Flag Littlerock

More
I have a problem with NightShift. A couple last kernel versions, the NightShift does not turn OFF in the morning, whether it's "Auto Sunrise/Sunset" or "Manual times". The feature turns on perfectly, but doesn't turn OFF
24th May 2018, 02:00 AM |#10227  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Anyone have an ETA on a Franco kernel for Nexus 6 that can replace the LineageOS 15.1 kernel? I assume/hope one will be available?
24th May 2018, 08:16 AM |#10228  
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmerrill

Anyone have an ETA on a Franco kernel for Nexus 6 that can replace the LineageOS 15.1 kernel? I assume/hope one will be available?

Currently no custom kernels are supported for 15.1 so there is no ETA.
24th May 2018, 08:46 AM |#10229  
Recognized Developer
Flag Winnenden
Thanks Meter: 2,175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendon

Currently no custom kernels are supported for 15.1 so there is no ETA.

It not true that we (LineageOS) don't support custom kernels. It's just that there aren't any compatible ones available.
24th May 2018, 09:41 AM |#10230  
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektroschmock

It not true that we (LineageOS) don't support custom kernels. It's just that there aren't any compatible ones available.

Would have quoted you from the LOS thread but I guess I misinterpreted what you said. It sounded much like it is a lot harder to make a custom kernel for 15.1 (than 14) and thus almost impossible.
24th May 2018, 07:13 PM |#10231  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 534

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendon

Would have quoted you from the LOS thread but I guess I misinterpreted what you said. It sounded much like it is a lot harder to make a custom kernel for 15.1 (than 14) and thus almost impossible.

@Elektroschmock correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason there aren't custom kernels for 15.1 isn't as much a matter of difficulty as a matter of instability as changes are made to LOS base, and therefore LOS-based ROMs, which affect kernel compatibility. Not intentionally breaking compatibility, but being unable to avoid doing so to make needed or desired changes. I think as get further into development, kernel compatibility will stabilize. Or I could be missing the whole thing entirely.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)