Thanks Meter: 129,302

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2015, 04:56 PM |#501  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I'm ready with r3, will post it later as I'm away from my computer now.

I can't really answer you. I don't have issues with battery consumption, and lots are getting amazing results. Thanks for the feedback though.

I love what you've done! Just purchased your app from GPS and flashed my device with your kernel. Smooth sailing, no problems at all. I love that your app makes backing up the kernel easy, and flashing your new kernel just as easy. Was done in minutes, and the settings in the app are top-notch stuff.

Thank you for the excellent software!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAmazingDave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheAmazingDave Ad-Free

2nd January 2015, 05:24 PM |#502  
Account currently disabled
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy

well that saves me some time then because I hate when I wipe and have ot wait for all 175 apps to rebuild on first boot lol. thanks

right I get it, I guess i dont need to wipe dalvik then and just wipe cache. thanks!

im sure they are, its always a crap shoot with everyones different use cases, their apps and their syncing options etc... I will give franco another try im always switching anyways

I just hate how no matter what kernel i use, I undervolt by at least -50, clock cpu down to around 1700, use greenify to greenify ALL my apps except system apps (root enabled), verify my device IS deep sleeping properly with no wake locks, do not use youtube, music streaming or netflix, disable ALL syncing for accounts and google now and still can not get more than 4 hours of SOT in a 12 hour period.

yet every day there seems to be some new person who is like "well i got 8 hours SOT and and i am syncing everything with no greenify, stock encryption, heavy use, straight out of the box stock kernel."

im like really? wtf are these people doing for 8 hours on their phones, do you eat or take a break lol

It's my belief that undervolting can actually cause a higher drain. It causes there to be insufficient power for a cpu cycle. So instead of one CPU cycle at 700mv, you are running 2 cpu cycles at 650mv. Greenify is pretty much snake oil.

Try this, leave all your settings stock. Don't cripple your phone. You'll be surprised. Although it does sound like you might have something going rouge. Install BBS and make sure there isn't an app killing your battery.
2nd January 2015, 05:26 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 1,300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I'm ready with r3, will post it later as I'm away from my computer now.

Yesterday I was able to break 5 hours SOT for the first time ever! All thanks to your kernel Franco. Can't wait for r3!
The Following User Says Thank You to resynx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift resynx Ad-Free
2nd January 2015, 05:27 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingDave

Just purchased your app from GPS and flashed my device with your kernel

Holy mother of gawd. How did you do that!!
2nd January 2015, 05:37 PM |#505  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueren

Holy mother of gawd. How did you do that!!

Not sure if you're being facetious or actually asking... In case of the latter, I looked up his app on Google Play Store, bought it, and tapped a few options to back up existing kernel, then download and flash on his new kernel.
2nd January 2015, 05:56 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingDave

Not sure if you're being facetious or actually asking... In case of the latter, I looked up his app on Google Play Store, bought it, and tapped a few options to back up existing kernel, then download and flash on his new kernel.

Ahahaha! My bad. I didn't notice Google play store also added up to GPS for short
The Following User Says Thank You to blueren For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueren Ad-Free
2nd January 2015, 06:26 PM |#507  
southeast TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy

well that saves me some time then because I hate when I wipe and have ot wait for all 175 apps to rebuild on first boot lol. thanks

right I get it, I guess i dont need to wipe dalvik then and just wipe cache. thanks!

im sure they are, its always a crap shoot with everyones different use cases, their apps and their syncing options etc... I will give franco another try im always switching anyways

I just hate how no matter what kernel i use, I undervolt by at least -50, clock cpu down to around 1700, use greenify to greenify ALL my apps except system apps (root enabled), verify my device IS deep sleeping properly with no wake locks, do not use youtube, music streaming or netflix, disable ALL syncing for accounts and google now and still can not get more than 4 hours of SOT in a 12 hour period.

yet every day there seems to be some new person who is like "well i got 8 hours SOT and and i am syncing everything with no greenify, stock encryption, heavy use, straight out of the box stock kernel."

im like really? wtf are these people doing for 8 hours on their phones, do you eat or take a break lol

No worries man. I was having the same results so far with this kernel. On battery saving profile and only pulling maybe 5hr sot after a few days. Went back to lk and getting 5-6 hours sot with stock kernel settings.
The performance hit in battery saving profile wasn't worth it for me.

But don't get frustrated yet.

This man will continue to update this awesome kernel and I'm sure it will come around eventually for our devices as well! Franko is one of the best at what he does for this community!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
2nd January 2015, 06:38 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

You can adjust RGB to minimize the warm colors. Try 248, 246, 255.

So you can adjust colors on Franco kernel?
2nd January 2015, 06:39 PM |#509  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcrush390

So you can adjust colors on Franco kernel?

Yes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suku_patel_22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suku_patel_22 Ad-Free
2nd January 2015, 06:51 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Just installing this kernel has drastically improved my battery life. I haven't even tweaked yet. I took it off the charger yesterday about 8a.m. and I've been using it moderately since then and I'm only at 68% battery. Normally I charge once per 24 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to kdoggy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kdoggy Ad-Free
2nd January 2015, 07:00 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygs83

No worries man. I was having the same results so far with this kernel. On battery saving profile and only pulling maybe 5hr sot after a few days. Went back to lk and getting 5-6 hours sot with stock kernel settings.
The performance hit in battery saving profile wasn't worth it for me.

But don't get frustrated yet.

This man will continue to update this awesome kernel and I'm sure it will come around eventually for our devices as well! Franko is one of the best at what he does for this community!

i spent a few days on battery saving mode and was getting great results, but it was a little laggy for me. So i went back to balanced and so far im getting even better results than what i was getting with the power saving mode. the only thing i changed is the max cpu to 2.3
The Following User Says Thank You to stas333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stas333 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)